21 – Dance of Ice and Fire
1.5k 9 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, mid afternoon. Inside the inner cavern.

 

“Yuejue, let’s spar.” Liulin Li felt like she was only a step away from integrating her sword into her Fire Dance. It was like there was a thin film that blocked her way.

 

“Nn.” Qiu Yunxi happily nodded. She then took out her slender sword and faced Liulin Li.

 

She didn’t bother lowering her cultivation base. In a way, she would also be using the spar as a way to practice her control.

 

Liulin Li let out a small shout before using Fire Dance to approach Qiu Yunxi, causing her to appear like a specter, appearing next to Qiu Yunxi as she swung her sword.

 

Clang.

 

Qiu Yunxi parried it lightly, and slashed back, a lot more slowly than previously. The spot she aimed was naturally Liulin Li’s openings. She had realized, there were a lot, especially when she used her Fire Dance.

 

“Fake Loli, your movements are too redundant.” 

 

Liulin Li nodded before letting out a light breath. Gripping the handle of the sword tighter, she approached Qiu Yunxi again. This time, she no longer used her Fire Dance, and instead simply charged.

 

She decided, she had to abandon it. 

 

Qiu Yunxi blocked leisurely and countered again, aiming for the gaps at a fast pace, yet slow enough that Liulin Li was able to catch and counter.

 

The two continued their exchange in the dark cavern, occasionally flashes of silver would flicker by, one was domineering, while the other was silent and gentle.

 

Under Qiu Yunxi’s guidance, Liulin Li slowly entered into a trance, using a spinning step from her Fire Dance, she dodged a sword stab before sending a counter, her movements seemingly elegant, yet at the same time swift and fierce.

 

Liulin Li no longer consciously performed the moves of her Fire Dance. The fruits of her diligent practice were beginning to show. 

 

Qiu Yunxi blocked. Even if Liulin Li seemed to have broken through, she was still able to continue to guide her, attacking the gaps of her sword art, helping her continue to improve and integrate.

 

After blocking a few strikes, suddenly from Liulin Li’s sword a burst of flames came out. 

 

The little girl raised her sword and slashed down again, before using the force of it to flicker away, appearing on Qiu Yunxi’s side sending another flaming slash at her.

 

‘Flame Counter!’

 

Qiu Yunxi turned and blocked. Raising her free hand, she thrusted a palm forward, sending out a pillar of ice.

 

Liulin Li dodged the pillar before disappearing, while Qiu Yunxi slashed sideways, blocking the sword with hers. She continued to release ice to counteract the flames in the room, causing the place to be filled with a mix of blue red and gold.

 

The floors had become frozen, while they were quickly burnt away.

 

Liulin Li left trails of flames as she clashed at her. In fact, she was in a semi conscious state, as she rapidly integrated her sword arts as well as her Fire Dance into herself.

 

She blocked a snake of ice that curled around her, sending out a few slashes before another burst of flames appeared. 

 

Qiu Yunxi carefully retreated, keeping the damage and flames at a controlled distance as the floor became frozen, however it would quickly crack and explode under Liulin Li’s flames, causing the place to be filled with ice dust and vapor.

 

‘Fake Loli should be done soon.’ She said in her mind. Her stamina was still limited to a Spirit Practitioner First to Third Layer. Despite her qi being seemingly endless, she still needed to use her body to perform those movements.

 

Without any surprises, the little girl soon slowed down. Qiu Yunxi likewise slowed down and retreated from her. 

 

Liulin Li closed her eyes to digest everything. The scenes and feeling of what happened continued to play inside her mind.

 

When she finished, she glanced at Qiu Yunxi. “Yuejue, take one more hit?” Without waiting for her to reply, she raised her sword into the air. 

 

The blade released a clear hum as she sliced downwards, releasing a wave of flames that charged at Qiu Yunxi.

 

Qiu Yunxi rolled her eyes and raised her hand. Afterwards, all of the ice inside the cave went towards her, forming a whirl before shooting forward at the fiery bird in a spiral.

 

Boom.

 

Along with a large explosion, bits of ice and flames flew down around the cavern. 

 

Feeling tired, Liulin Li placed the sword away and fell back onto the ground to catch her breath. Qiu Yunxi went and sat down next to her.

 

“Thanks.”

 

Qiu Yunxi looked the other way. “Is there a need to say thanks between us? We’re already dao companions, this much is normal.”

 

“Hehe,” Liulin Li giggled and leaned against her shoulders. “En.” She closed her eyes to rest a bit. When she regained her energy, the two cleaned up their makeshift battlefield before returning to the outer cavern. 

 

Today was the day the Solitary Sword Delegates had arrived, and Liulin Hong was currently busy. Liulin Qian was also meditating. 

 

Liulin Li and Qiu Yunxi sat on a couch. While Liulin Li wanted to use her lap as a pillow, Qiu Yunxi had her lie down the other way.

 

She pouted when she felt her grab her ankle. She blushed. “Yuejue!”

 

“Hehe.” Qiu Yunxi giggled. Her foot was small and clean. It was also soft and pudgy, the toes on it were like small pearls. She wanted to eat it.

 

“Yuejue, if you do that, don’t think about kissing me!” She didn’t want to kiss her own foot!

 

“Aww….” She felt like her mind was read. “Too bad.” 

 

“Kya!” Liulin Li was pulled forward, afterwards, she felt something soft on the bottom of her foot. Qiu Yunxi had started nudging her cheeks on it. “So soft…”

 

“Yuejue, you pervert.” Liulin Li held onto the helm of her dress, only, she soon gave up. Her grandma wasn’t here anyways and her dad had gone over to the Solitary Sword Delegation.

 

Qiu Yunxi also wasn’t looking her way and instead had her eyes closed as she enjoyed the feeling of Liulin Li’s foot.

 

The cavern soon became silent. 

 

After a while Qiu Yunxi said. “Fake Loli, it’ll be Father-in-law’s birthday in two days.”

 

“Eh…” She never knew. 

 

“Are you planning on giving him anything?” Qiu Yunxi said, removing the foot that was on her cheeks. She used her hands to play with it.

 

“Hahaha, stop.” Liulin Li kicked Qiu Yunxi on the hips, causing her to remove her foot.

 

She felt that hurt a little bit. 

 

Liulin Li fixed her position and laid her head down on Qiu Yunxi’s lap. “Yuejue, what do you think would be a good present?”

 

“What about cooking him a meal. I’m sure even if its burnt Father-in-law would still eat it.”

 

“...” Liulin Li pouted. “I won’t burn it!” She at least knew how to stir fry and boil okay? 

 

Qiu Yunxi looked down at her and smiled, her beauty caused Liulin Li to become a little muddleheaded. Especially her exquisite facial features, and those clear blue eyes that made even the sky seem dim.

 

“If it was burnt, would you eat it?”

 

“Maybe…” Qiu Yunxi looked towards the side. “I can’t say unless you actually cook it.” 

 

“Hmph,” Liulin Li was a little unhappy. But it wasn’t like she would burn food on purpose. Even if she did, she wouldn’t want Qiu Yunxi to eat it.

 

Liulin Li sat up. “Then, let’s head down the mountain.”

 

“Nn.” Qiu Yunxi got up. “I’ll take a bath first.” Afterwards she blushed while twirling her fingers together. “I don’t mind if you watch….”

 

***

 

Qiu Yunxi carried Liulin Li in her arms as the two walked along the streets. Liulin Li’s goal was naturally a cake shop. 

 

‘At this rate wouldn’t we need to wait for hours?’ She felt it was also a little inconvenient to take multiple trips.

 

“Yuejue, do you know how to make a cake?” 

 

“Hehe, we can try~” It was a good thing that she was an alchemist. Although she wasn’t a chef, she knew what stuff like leavening agents were. 

 

The two then entered into a grocery store that was run by the sect as well as the city. 

 

Qiu Yunxi placed Liulin Li on the ground and took a wooden cart. Afterwards she dragged it towards the vegetable section.

 

Seeing this scene, Liulin Li felt a strange feeling in her heart. Taking out her memory crystal she took a few pictures of Qiu Yunxi, causing her to blush. 

 

Liulin Li picked a bunch of vegetables that she recognized and placed them in the cart. She had to practice as well, otherwise her dad really might be eating burnt food on his birthday.

 

Afterwards they went over to the meat section. She brought boar meat, rabbit, and beef, as well as poultry.

 

Qiu Yunxi then pulled the cart around the place, buying everything she could to experiment, like eggs, flour, sugar, as well as leavening agents. 

 

“This should be all.” The two went over to the cashier. Qiu Yunxi paid for everything due to Liulin Li not having enough merit points. Afterwards, when they left the grocery, she then stored everything into her storage bracelet, leaving an egg for Liulin Li to hold. 

 

Seeing her little dao companion look downhearted Qiu Yunxi smiled and patted her head. “My merit points could be considered as yours as well.” 

 

Liulin Li looked at her and nodded. She felt a warmth in her heart. “Then, my belongings belong to you too!” 

 

“Hehe, Fake Loli since you already belong to me, isn’t that natural?” Qiu Yunxi laughed lightly, her sentence caused Liulin Li to blush.

 

“Yuejue, then you belong to me as well.”

 

She nodded, when she realized people were looking over. Some were looking at her in a weird gaze, while some were looking at her with a blush.

 

In fact, some were whispering to each other. “Should we contact the Disciplinary Hall?” 

 

“Fake Loli, we should run.” She had a bad feeling. 

 

“....” Before Liulin Li could respond, Qiu Yunxi had already taken out her flying sword. Picking the little girl in a carry, she then rushed towards the main peak.

 

Although midway through they were pulled over by disciples with red arm bands.

68