108. Hope
1.3k 4 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~What do you mean?~

"The Gorilla has completed its mutation, and without anyone to face it, I don't think Mirsha nor the humans for that matter will survive. Should we just leave?"

~So the situation has blown out of proportions~

The plan went sideways. The Tyrant Blood Gorilla was far stronger than she expected.

Lilith stayed silent for a good five-second, ~…...can you fight it?~

"I apologize for my uselessness, but even I will die in a manner of seconds if I fight it head-on because of its hate towards me. But if the Boss wants me, I am willing to—"

~Forget about it, new mission. Avoid confrontation and just ensure Mirsha's life is kept. However, if you can't keep her alive, then abandon her; she's not worth enough that I'll let you die for her. If you can, don't sacrifice Luck and Scarface. I want everyone I sent coming back alive.~

Dhampy smiled at her words, "I understand, boss."

Dhampy was ready, but Lilith's voice once again echoed in her ears before she could make her move.

~Just making sure, repeat your mission to me, Dhampy.~

Smiling, Dhampy spoke, "To keep our people alive."

~ That's correct, we'll be there in half an hour. You haven't seen her before, right? I'll send you a picture of her. Oh yeah, I already sent some early cavalry there — "Chief, move it, Dhampy and the others are in danger!" — we'll be there soon as well. ~

"Yes, boss."

Taking a deep breath, she looked at Luck and Scar, who just regained their ability to move.

"The two of you good?"

"Yes, Master."

"Good."

Dhampy stretched her joints and then moved her cloak.

[Black Lord's Cloak: A cloak that moves according to the thoughts of its wielder. It has a decent defensive capability capable of stopping even swords. It moves in a manner that benefits its user. It can be kept away with a thought and can be repaired with both Mana and Blood. Its length stretches to fifty meters.

[Blood: 3 Percent

Death: 24 Percent]

[Limbo: 73 Souls]

'I haven't experimented with the cloak, but keeping the souls should come in handy.'

Dhampy commanded the cloak to cover at least the lower portion of her face. With only half the bridge of her nose and above remaining visible, Dhampy walked in front of her two students.

"Okay, you two, we're going to protect a human."

"Protect a human!?"

"Why?!"

Scar and Luck were both confused.

Dhampy just threw them her HNP that had Mirsha's photo before continuing to explain why, "Because the Boss needs us to befriend them and not risk having the same mana beam shot at us again. I also don't like this, and neither does the Boss, but do not forget that we barely survived the encounter. If not for the Boss, we would have all died on the Island. Why, do you prefer the Boss facing the mana beam again rather than eat the hate you have for the humans?"

The two did not answer.

"Good." Dhampy looked at the situation, and then before moving, she reminded them, "Oh yeah, remember, any mention of the incident in the Scorching Forest is forbidden, okay?"

"We understand." The two said with a nod.

Dhampy pulled out her sword and got ready for combat, "We kill every scourge daemon that gets in the way and save the female human. We don't need to save everyone, but we can't kill them either; Luck, Scar, this will be your final trial; complete this mission, and I will deem you worthy of being a part of the boss' protectors."

Dhampy, Luck, and Scarface prepared themselves for a battle Lilith couldn't even face.

But, just as when Dhampy was about to go and rescue Mirsha, she suddenly froze on her feet when she felt something — familiar.

===

Mirsha took a deep breath.

She looked ahead and saw the Gorilla's body transforming. Its spikes became black, and its previously white fur, red.

Its eyes became crimson, its body larger, towering for more than fifteen meters, its name then changed.

[Tyrant Blood Gorilla Lv. 250] —> [Red GarganKong LVL 250]

A newly mutated, maxed leveled daemon appeared before them.

The GarganKong, a beast whose strength could make the land tremble. The GarganKong looked at the humans around it, and as it found fear in their eyes, it smirked!

Pleased.

ROARRRRRRRRRRRR!

[Calamitous Fear — has been activated: The Tyrant Apes that survived have gained twice the strength and agility (59 minutes duration)]

GHUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

The Tyrant Apes celebrated their laughter echoing in the ears of the Hunters.

The human Hunters felt their heartbeats shifting into trepidation. The fierce eyes of the Apes turned to the Hunters hunting them earlier.

Webs of saliva formed at the sight of fresh meat.

They hunger.

GHUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

"Stand your ground! We can't let them pass us!" a brave Warrior shouted with a rousing cry!

But—

DANG!

A young Guardian lost to his fears and left the weight that was his shield! The Apes saw the coward flee, becoming the spark that ignited the fire!

GHUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

A tide of daemons emerged.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

A cacophony of screams echoed as flesh was rendered from the bones of the Hunters. Pools of blood formed and then flowed like a river all over the battlefield, dyeing the surrounding the same color of the beast.

Mirsha watched in horror. The guards felt weak on the knees.

"We-we're all going to die."

A single sentiment encapsulated the emotions of dozens. Mages trembled in fear all but one.

Beasts like the GarganKong do not play the battle of the mind; however, it won simply through absolute number and terror without even trying.

"SOLDIERS! HUNTERS! DO NOT FALTER!"

Mirsha's voice echoed amongst the cluttering of teeth! She stood straight with her only hand clutching the Red Mana Staff.

The Guards operating the Turrets looked at her.

Mirsha gathered her strength as she roared with all of her might.

"STEEL YOUR HEARTS! STEEL YOUR RESOLVE! GATHER YOUR STRENGTH SEARCH FOR YOUR MANA! TODAY! WE WILL PROTECT THE CITY!"

BAM!

Tapping the ground with the Red Mana Staff, Magic Circles floated around Mirsha. Drawing out Magic from the World around her, Mirsha's eyes turned completely Black.

Veins bulged then turned black. It was painful, but Mirsha needed the strength. She needed it to protect someone... the family behind these walls.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH~” Mirsha screamed gahtering the courage.

Splurt!

Mirsha jammed her fingers into her left eye digging it out with trembling hands, "GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Blood flowed from her hallowed left eye sockets.

"Hunter Mirsha! What the hell are you doing!?" Captain Brust shouted rushing to her rescue.

With a wave of her hand, Mirsha encircled herself with Flame. "Stay back! Don't approach me!"

Brust… didn't want to listen, "Dammit, what kind of insanity are you planning!? Are you planning on dying here!? I thought you have a daughter!"

"SHUT UP! I'm doing this because I don't want them to die! I will live! I will not give this life up to fear! ME!? DIE!? FUCK OFF, I WILL LIVE THROUGH THIS AND RETURN TO MY FAMILY!"

Searching for the power that could lead to her survival, she summoned a power laying dormant within her, a skill she received long before she became a Hunter… Mirsha didn't want to use it because of the consequences it held… but, she no longer cared to hesitate.

'They'll come to find me but, I can always escape with my family, but this is inescapable, but, for my family… I'll fucking do it! So please... forgive me, Will.'

She crushed her eye, and then, a black sigil appeared on her chest.

[You have met the necessary sacrifice — activation of the [Black Flame of Ifrit] has begun.]

Her body burst into a glorious fire that devoured her entire body.

She didn't use it against the Ogre Village when she was naïve, thinking she could survive without it.

Even when she found the resolve to push further, she was already out of Mana and at the mercy of a child.

Now, the one before her was no intelligent being.

Thus, she must be decisive with her decision.

[A spark of Ifrit has made contact with you…]

Her hair turned black and floated before bursting into a grand and magnificent blaze. She roared as black blood flowed out of her left eye.

[Black Flame of Ifrit Activating… according to the Contract with the Hell Devil Ifrit, your left eye would be sacrificed in exchange for power, you now possess [20% of Ifrit's Black Flames] the curse of Ifrit will be imprinted in your soul.]

Mirsha was dragged into a dark world. A distorted figure with red dots for eyes, laughing at her plight, "I told you, you'll see me again."

It laughed and devoured Mirsha whole.

Black Flame appeared on her now hallowed eye. The blood flowing out became a blade that etched an everlasting mark on her face.

A black pentagram housed the essence of her flames. When the Black Flames finally appeared, Brust finally felt the change in her intensity.

"What kind of — tsk, that doesn't matter anymore." Brust, like Mirsha, had a reason to stand.

He was the Captain; thus, he must stand guard when all hope was lost. That, he did.

"SOLDIERS! THE TRUE HUNTERS HAVE SHOWN THEIR FANGS AND DEDICATION! NOW, RISE UP AND SHOW THEM OUR WORTH!"

Using Mirsha as a beacon, Brust used his voice as the informer.

He gritted his teeth, blood dripping down his face.

He looked at them and planted his feet on the ground, "WHO ARE WE?"

"WE ARE THE PROTECTORS!" The guards answered with their remaining strength, gearing up as they did so. They responded with all of their might, banishing the fears in their hearts.

"WHO DO WE PROTECT!?"

"THE PEOPLE!"

"SHOW ME YOUR RESOLVE, SHOW ME YOUR MIGHT, SHOW ME YOUR STRENGTH!!!!!!!"

"FIGHTTTTTTTT!"

Brust raised his right hand, and from his Mana he summoned a shield and an Azure Energy Battle Axe, "IF YOU ARE WOUNDED GRIT YOUR TEETH; IF YOU ARE GNAWED UPON BITE THEM BACK; AND IF YOU ARE KILLED PULL ONE OF THEM WITH YOU TO HELL! FOR THE PEOPLE!"

"FOR THE PEOPLE!"

Yeah, I hope this side of Mirsha wasn't that too much of a surprised... and if you are seeing some parallels with someone else, then you might be right.

78