116. Hero II
2k 4 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

"So, they really did send me to the Island to kill me… that's nice to know."

Dhampy was coldhearted, but even she felt relieved that she was not the one who betrayed them, "But who would have thought that I'd be sent to protect a member of Penta?"

"Huh? Member? No, I… um—wait, you're not here to dispose of us?"

"…are you an escapee, perchance?"

"Yes."

"…huh, is that so? What are the odds of that? I thought you were one of them seeing how a completed Devil Contract is in front of me." Dhampy finally heaved a sigh of relief, "Well, that's the end of it; I'm here to protect you in accordance to the will of my Boss; she asks for you to live."

"Is it, the Apostle?"

"Why ye-"

SLASH!

Dhampy swung her sword and stopped a little blue fire from blasting her head off.

"Get away…. From my mother!" Lucia's eyes were wavering. She could not even keep her stance still, and her mana was quickly drained using that single spell.

Dhampy walked towards the little girl, her face still the same as it had always been. Holding a sword, Dhampy was ready to end anything that impedes her on her mission.

Swoosh!

She darted forth and grabbed Lucia!

"Mis. 006! NO!" Mirsha could only shout to stop whatever it was Dhampy was about to do.

Pull!

Dhampy pulled Lucia away as the Ice wall caved and crumbled.

CRASH!

Dozens of dying Tyrant Apes crashed through the Dome of Ice, injuring most of the humans still alive.

“AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!” Lucia screamed in fright as Dhampy threw her into Mirsha's arms. Dhampy did not care to dawdle; she moved her hands and latched the darkness in the bodies of Tyrant Apes.

FWOOM!

Pulling them towards her, Dhampy pierced their body and moved her sword, turning them to paste, stealing the EXP.

[LVL 157 —> 169]

The Tyrant Apes were all high-leveled, and being a daemon, Dhampy's ability to absorb EXP points was much higher than humans. She leveled up quickly, increasing the proficiency of her latent racial skills… allowing her quickly create a shield from the blood splatters she created.

"Don't move from where you are." Behind Dhampy were Mirsha and her daughter, and as her words reached everyone, the walls crumbled when ice spikes began crashing through the walls, tearing down the infrastructure like a sheet of paper.

Many of the humans were skewered. The majority of the survivors were gravely injured, but Dhampy confirmed the safety of her target.

"Good… now, I have to deal with this."

From the wreckage was a man bleeding purple blood from his heart. His limbs were covered in black ice, his skin purple, and his hair as white as snow.

On his head was a pair of sprawling branches of horns, sharp and deadly. With every breath, the air froze, and with every step, it freezes everything.

ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR!!

[Ravager Wendigo: LVL 243]

The selfish beast, the killer of Winter… The perfect Hunter has appeared… the Wendigo was born from the darkness of the Black Frost.

The moment the Wendigo entered the hangar, everyone froze not just from the ice but from the massive amount of killing intent he held onto. The Wendigo was now but a beast, far beyond that of a human who has a functioning mind.

"Will?" seeing her husband fully monetarized by the Devil's Contract.

"So, there's the other one… unlike the Fire Vessel; seems like this one is defective."

"Don't call him that!"

Mirsha roared in anger, and the Wendigo made its move.

BOOM!

It turned its attention to the humans nearby. It moved with extended claws, its fangs sharp as it desired blood! It wished to kill so that it could satiate the beast within! Its first target, a human girl.

"No…noooo! KYAAAAAAAAA!!!” she screeched in fear. A child was in danger, but none of the humans came to her rescue, for they all scattered the next moment they got.

CLASH!

"Huh?"

The claws were redirected to the side.

The Wendigo Will was shocked; it knew that it was stronger than Dhampy, yet its strike was stopped. It grew enraged. Its pride was trampled upon… anyone who does such a thing must be killed. It threatened to bite Dhampy's head off.

Dhampy responded, and used her right arm to block the assault.

BREAK!

Her arm broke, and the Wendigo smirked.

"Why are you smirking?" but Dhampy controlled her own blood and increased her strength.

BAM!

She struck the Wendigo on the face sending it flying. Staring at the Wendigo, Dhampy propped her bones back to where it used to be.

"Tha-thank you?" the child thanked the undead who saved her.

"If you want to thank someone, then direct that to the Priestess of the Goddess Letza."

"I… do not know who that is."

"…" Dhampy looked around at the humans; all of them were apprehensive of her existence. So, she showed them the smile she used when Dhampy was still human, a friendly, well-crafted expression, "She's a daemon and a friend of Hunter Mirsha."

"Hunter Mirsha's friend?"

"Yes, she sent me here to protect the people of this City from the Evil Daemons."

Dhampy was an insightful being. She knew that Lilith initiated this plan to increase their chance of survival. To achieve that, she needed a hero to rise from the midst of the humans… and to accomplish that, Mirsha must survive.

'She cannot die... but she must also not be useless.'

"I may be a daemon, but, according to the Priestess… we are daemons… we are different… but we need to support each other in time of need."

BOOM!

Dhampy smacked the Wendigo coming for her with the back of her sword, rendering it shaken.

A light jump, then a -BOOM!*- a kick on the neck.

"So, in the name of my Priestess and Goddess… I'll protect you… isn't that right, Hunter Mirsha?"

Mirsha was surprised, but she could catch on to what was being asked of her. She knew she was being used, but Mirsha also knew that this was the best course of action, so she smiled, saying, "Of course…."

Mirsha prepared herself to fight her monsterized husband.

'The Phoenix's Breath is a threat that we cannot deal with even if we want to. For us to survive… we need the existences of humans, and the Priestess knew this.' Dhampy smiled at the rest of them and then turned to the Wendigo, 'What is the best way to earn their trust than to fight for their sake? This is for the Priestess' sake… I can swallow my hate for her… like I did before… if I do this… I'll help the Priestess more.'

At that moment, two battlefields were drawing to a close. One was against the Ruler of the Bleeding Rage Valley, and the other was the King of the Black Frost.

To anyone who may not remember, the Phoenix Breath is what Dhampy calls the light that destroyed an entire island, it is basically an orbital cannon

67