Chapter 2.5
21 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It takes a few hours but I finally find a motel, I try to see if I can trade manual labour for a night but the guy isn’t buying it, he seemed to be hinting of other favours and that talk disgusts me. I take in the smells around me, he isn’t foul smelling but doesn’t smell sweet either. I guess I can’t be too picky at the moment. I start to drop subtle hints but have to guide it carefully, I make sure he turns off the security cameras, I played the modesty card that I couldn’t be seen entering a room with him and made a note of where the security system was, no one seems to be keeping an eye on them. I let him enter the bedroom first, his grin annoys me but a quick blow to the back of the head and he crumbles. He won’t be getting up for awhile. I consider feeding first but go to the shower and clean up. The water is warm but not really as hot as I would like it, this place is cheap and bad quality anyway so I have to count my blessings. I hand wash some of my clothes while leaving most to dry, only keeping on my underwear. Even with him knocked out I dislike being so uncovered. Finally it is time to feed. I go for the lower leg this time and drink deeply. Thankfully he doesn’t turn, the odds of him turning were so small I wasn’t that worried. I feel his heartbeat starting to fade and soon it stops. The taste might be lacking but the warmth spreading through me renewing my strength, I am covered for a few more days. I drained him almost completely dry. A large portion of the blood in me was his. I use to dislike that idea that it wasn’t even my blood flowing through my veins but when you have to survive this way you get use to it. Like the idea you turn what you eat into you. At least I try and believe that.

When my clothes are dry enough I finally put them on and get to work of hiding the evidence, I first check his pockets for cash, no luck but it is likely at the front desk, next I make sure no one is around and carry him to the security office, the place is understaffed so no problems there, I make sure to break everything I can so there is no evidence I was ever here. Next I collapse the roof making sure there is an extreme bad wound to cover the leg bite. I finally head to the front desk and drain most of the cash, I leave some of the change and a few of the smaller notes to make it seem less likely there was a robbery and more that business was bad. No money there hints at something far worse. A thought occurs to me, I should just burn the evidence. No that would likely cause the area to be searched quicker, then again burnt bodies having a lack of blood is much easier to explain away. I look for flammable materials and get lucky finding natural gas and matches. I start a small fire using a pile of paper before causes the gas container to leak slowly. I run making sure that I can clear it, there will likely be an explosion. I changed my mind and pull off my jacket and take to the air a little gaining speed. It explodes and I stumble to the ground luckily avoiding falling down completely and covering myself in mud, just my boots touch down. Folding back my wings and covering them with my jacket I keep moving as fast as I dare. Hopefully this will just seem to be an accident of some shady motel and won’t seem like a murder. The fact I am away almost £200 richer certainly helped my situation. With this I can make myself look presentable, tidy up my hair and even get a few days in some cheap lodgings.

The hunger is gone for now, things are certainly looking up…

0