Battle with a beast
1.4k 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Karan and the two guys left their previous groups as their purpose was now different.

They walked for some time in that land that was devoid of life. Rarely they saw some animals and birds.

"Did you got any info about Spirit Hogweed?" Karan asked.

"I heard that it looks like a green flower. It has a gem in the middle." Bowen replied. "It shines at night."

"Well then, let's wait for the night. We will rest for now." Karan said.

Three of them took shelter near a tree. They ate the food that they brought with them. Since there were not many dangerous beasts around, they went to sleep for the time being.

*********

Meanwhile, Esha and Jiwon were walking on the busy street of Zhoukou. Their beauty was attracting the attention of every man and even women.

Esha noticed that people in the town shared similar features as East Asian people from Earth. Upon enquiring from Jiwon, it was said that people in the Dagua continent all share similar features, similar to East Asians from Earth. The buildings, the food, and other things are also similar.

The sect has gotten information that some of the kidnapped women were seen in the Zhoukou.

Because of that, the sect dispatched one core disciple, Jiwon, and seven inner disciples including Esha. They had spent the whole day collecting information regarding the matter.

"All the fingers are pointing towards the large hill that is situated some distance from the town." Jiwon pondered.

"They must be using it as a hideout," Esha added. "I have a feeling that kidnappings are planned by some big enemies of sect."

"Most likely." Jiwon agreed. "We will depart for the cave tomorrow morning."

Esha nodded in agreement.

*********

"Wake up, Karan!" Jungjie and Bowen were trying their hardest to awake who was sleeping like a beast.

"Huh... what... happened?" Karan's eyes opened a little.

"It's night already," Bowen said.

"Oh!" Karan stood up. "It was a good sleep."

"We were trying to wake you up for hours," Jungjie complained. "How can someone sleep like that?"

"Anyways, let's find the thing that we are here for." Karan ignored the complaints and moved on followed by both the guys.

*********

*GROWL*

After several minutes of wandering here in there in hopes of finding the herb, they heard the sound of a beast from afar.

"Let's check," Karan said as he walked in the direction of the sound. "Make sure you don't get noticed."

The two guys followed him while staying down.

They walked for some distance and reached a large rock. They hid behind it and cautiously looked in the front.

A rhino-type beast with a ridiculously large horn was fighting a woman. There were lots of bodies present on the ground, most likely dead bodies. Karan quickly identified the woman as the leader of the previous group.

The leader was fighting the beast with a sword in her hands. She was tired from all the battle but the beast didn't have a scratch on it. Its skin was thick enough to not let her sword even hurt it.

"Look there's the herb we are looking for." Bowen signaled towards the place where the battle was going on. There were some plants.

"I guess we have to do something about that beast for it," Jungjie commented.

"Hey, you, get the attention away from her." Karan instantly said to Bowen. "I have an idea to deal with this rhino."

"Why me..." Bowen tried to resist but got pushed by Karan.

"Go on, we don't have time," Karan said.

"And you, try to take away that girl," Karan said to Jungjie. "She's already at her limits."

"On it." Jungjie accepted.

All three of them ran towards the battle.

Just before the beast hit the leader with its horn, Bowen grabbed a stone and threw it at it with full power.

*THUD*

"Grrrrrr...." The beast instantly stopped and looked in the direction. Noticing the guy who threw the stone, it ran towards him with full speed and anger.

Noticing that the beast is not targeting her now, the leader took a sigh of relief but fainted after that. Jungjie appeared and took her someplace safe as ordered from Karan.

While the leader fainted with a sense of relief, seeing a giant beast running towards him, Bowen passed out because of overwhelming fear.

But Karan appeared before him instantly which slightly startled the beast but it didn't stop.

Karan created two spears in the air and they swiftly attacked the beast's face.

*SPURT*

Blood came out from the beast's eyes as both the spears pierced each of the eyes.

*GROWL*

The beast screamed.

Karan created a big sword in his hand and thrust it towards the beast's open mouth.

"AAAAAAA..." Karan screamed as he attacked the beast.

Adding that to the beast's momentum the sword swiftly went down the throat.

With more power, Karan stopped and killed the raging beast.

"Whoosh! That settles it." Karan has a victorious smile on his face.

Karan looked at Bowen who was fainted.

"Wimp!" Karan said and went to where the leader and Jungjie were.

"Go take care of him, I'll handle here," Karan said to Jungjie. He agreed and left them alone.

Karan got down and caressed her cheeks.

"Poor girl. Fought that monster alone for quite some time." Karan said as he sat near her. "Well, I should let her rest for the time being."

*********

After an hour, the leader's eye opened.

"You up?" Karan asked with a smile on his face.

"Ahh.." She sat properly and asked. "What happened? I just fainted."

"Well, we just took care of the beast," Karan said as he offered some water to her. "Have some."

"Thanks... Karan." She replied and drank some water which energized her a little.

"How the hell you guys caught up with this beast and got killed your lackeys killed?" Karan asked curiously.

"Well... I came here just to kill that beast." She replied hesitantly.

"Oh... why's that?" Karan asked.

"My teacher asked me to do this as part of my training. She told me to bring the horn of this beast." She explained.

"I guess you failed them," Karan said.

"Yeah...." Her face got red. "I can't do anything about it now. I'm still weak."

Karan didn't speak and just patted her head. She neither said any words and looked down with embarrassment.

Karan stood up. Sunlight started falling on the mountain. The scenery was truly beautiful.

"It's morning already. We got what we came for." Karan said. "You can't do anything either now. We should get going then."

The leader nodded in agreement as she stood up.

Jungjie and Bowen already acquired the spirit hogweed. A couple of guys from the leader's group were still alive so they pulled the horn from the beast and gave it to the leader.

Since all of their goals were accomplished Karan's group and the leader's group descended from the mountain.

*********

After getting back from the mountain, Karan walked towards the leader's group who were getting ready for travel.

"You not coming back to Zhoukou?" Karan asked the leader.

"Sadly no." Leader said. "We going back to our city."

"That sucks," Karan said with a little bit of disappointment.

"I'll remember you." She said with a smile.

"Sure you will." Karan wrapped her arm around her waist and pulled her towards him.

Their lips connected as they ended up in a passionate kiss.

"Mhmm...."

The leader was shocked for a moment but went with it. She was enjoying the sensation of Karan's lips.

After a few minutes, Karan broke the kiss.

"When I meet you next time you better be strong," Karan said to her.

"I'll keep that in my mind." She said with a blush.

Karan smiled.

"By the way, my name is Ishita." The leader revealed her name.

"Ah, Ishita... a name as pretty as you." Karan complemented.

Ishita giggled.

"So goodbye! I hope we meet again." Ishita bid her farewell and went her way with her group.

After Ishita left, Karan's group also left for Zhoukou.

=========

Join my Discord server(Now both Jiwon, Xiuying and Esha visualization pic on it) -

https://discord.gg/dQtBdas

=========

12