World Tree
1.1k 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All the seven people were riding a large open carriage. As they move into the city, the crowd gets less and even the buildings were not as congested as before.

The clouds have disappeared leaving a clear yet dark sky. The sun had set signaling the start of the night.

At that moment, the eyes of Karan and Esha fell on something far away that was the definition of grandiose.

"What the-"

It was hard for them to speak as they looked utterly wide tree-like structure that was taller than any building in the city.

"Ah, it's a World Tree. Have you never heard about it?"

Seeing their surprised face, Li Na commented.

The world tree. It penetrated even the sky as whatever was visible to their naked eyes was just the trunk. Various aerial beasts were flying near the tree.

Since it was very cloudy and raining, Karan and Esha didn't notice that something like that was present in this city. Otherwise, it would have been visible from far away from the city.

"What is the World Tree?"

Karan asked as he marveled at the magnificence of the tree.

"Umm... from where do I start? World Trees are even older than our world. It is said that first they came into existence and from them our world. Their top reaches to The Heaven and roots reach The Hell."

Li Na explained to the two who didn't know anything about them.

"Trees? There are more than one?"

Esha pointed out.

"Yes, there are five. One in each continent."

Li Na answered.

"And are they anything special? Or is it just they are older than anything else?"

Karan was intrigued about them. There was such a calm feeling he got when it looked at the tree like it was calling to him.

"They are very special. If not for them everything in our world will crumble as they are the only source of qi."

Karan and Esha both have a 'wow' expression on their faces.

"But since the qi is mostly focused on roots and branches it just goes to Hell and Heaven's whereas our Belated World doesn't get much."

Li Na sighed.

'Makes sense, otherwise, cultivators in this world would have been strongest.'

Karan thought.

"Can we visit the tree here?"

Karan and Esha both asked simultaneously.

"It is impossible to visit it without Emperor's permission."

Xinyue answered after remaining silent for most of the talk.

"But if we win the tournament and he might allow."

Xinyue added that made Karan smile. Him wanting to go near the World Tree has become one of the top priorities right now.

While they were talking they reached the gates of the inner city. The gate and walls were much smaller than before but they served their purpose. The security was minimal too.

The gate was already opened as several carriages were going in with Karan's. Very few people were on their feet.

As they entered the city, Karan observed a stark difference between buildings and people of the inner and outer city. The buildings were large and clean with a lot of space, conditions of roads were much better whereas the inner city was much more greener with trees and plants near roads.

'So the city separates middle-class people and upper-class people. It's convenient.'

Karan thought as he looked around the faces of people who looked richer and well dressed than people outside.

The atmosphere was like a huge festival was going on. People have come with their families and were enjoying the various shops and attractions.

He noticed that similar to Crescent Moon Sect and Zhoukou, almost everyone in Zhongshu was wearing Chinese attire. On top of that, their facial features were similar to Chinese people on Earth. The only diversity he saw was in women in Pure Flower Palace, where they had varied physical characteristics.

And not only the people but the buildings, the food, the clothing also had a stark similarity to Earth.

'Is there a reason for that?'

Karan questioned himself regarding this but his attention moved somewhere else when the carriage stopped.

"Whoaaaaaaa!"

Words of surprise slipped out of everyone's mouth except Li Na and Xia Xinyue.

South Dragon Inn was no small inn. It was a 40-storeyed luxurious hotel that was decorated like a bride as many high profile people that came from all over the Daguo continent were staying there because of the Royal Sect Championship.

The building style was oriental rather than modern. There was a large dragon statue on the top of the inn that attracted everyone's attention.

Everyone entered the pavilion of the inn after paying the carriage.

Several beautiful maids were there to greet the guests with their cute smiles.

While enjoying their greetings and winks, Karan enjoyed the view of the inn. It was a very professional inn from the looks of it. Other guests were very rich looking too.

Li Na had already booked three rooms for eight days in this extravagant inn. She went to the receptionist and brought the keys while everyone went to seat on some sofas in the guest area.

"Here."

Li Na gave on the key to Xinyue.

"Me, Mei, Su, and Jiwon will be staying in one room."

Her kids and Jiwon nodded in agreement. Li Su was very happy that he got to stay with Jiwon for the first time in his life.

"And here. You, Esha, Mami, and Mina will be staying in one room."

She handed the room key to Karan.

Mami and Mina were the remaining core disciple of the Crescent Moon Sect. They were going to be some days late to reach Zhongshu.

"Can I stay at Karan's room till Mami and Mina come?"

Jiwon asked Li Na much to the shock of Li Su.

"Yeah sure, Jiwon."

Li Na agreed with her request.

'FUCK! FUCK! Oh.... once Mami and Mina come she will stay with us. Before that, I'll impress her with my performance.... not bad, not bad.'

Li Su planned in his head.

Once Li Na completed giving everyone keys, Xinyue stood up.

"All of you, go to your room, take some rest and meet me at my room after an hour."

She announced and went away for her room followed by others.

======

Join my Discord server (Characters visualization(Marya, Lilith and others) pics on it) -

https://discord.gg/dQtBdas

Want to read chapter before everyone else? Love my work and want to support me? Then please check out my p@treon (Enjoy up to 11 chapters in advance + other benefits) -

[email protected]/Indian_Rake

=========

11