Auction And Date Started
1.1k 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the date, Karan and Xinyue decided to take a carriage from the inn to Imperial City. And after that, they will walk to the auction house.

Even if they were on a date, Karan was having a hard time swaying her to open up. Even with his extraordinary charms, this woman was a tough nut to crack.

While in the carriage, Xinyue had told him about the auction house.

They were going to the Tong Auction House that was present in the Imperial city.

Once they got off from the carriage and walked towards the auction house, Karan and Xinyue attracted the attention of the almost everyone in the vicinity.

The people around them have never seen such a beautiful couple.

A lot of them identified Xinyue as she was very famous in Daguo because of her beauty. Much to the empress's disappointment, there's a rumor that the emperor married her after being rejected by Xinyue. But no one knows how much truth is in this rumor.

While other people thought of them as a beautiful couple on a date, Karan was getting impatient. He was used to gorgeous women begging him just to give him fellatio but here there's such a thick wall between him and Xinyue.

Karan believed that behind her cold facade there's a soft girl. He couldn't get more excited thinking about how he is going to break her and make her his.

After some minutes of walking, they reached a large building. On top of it, there was a board that read 'Tong Auction House'.

"Stay close to me, Karan. I'm permitted here for today's auction so you have to remain with me."

Xinyue warned Karan. He nodded.

The insides of the auction house were very wide. There was a stage in front of the seating area. The seating area had connected comfortable chairs. The structure was like a movie house with a stage instead of a screen.

Karan and Xinyue took seats at a place where they can easily bid for items and will get some privacy from others.

In a few minutes, the seating area started filling at a fast pace as there was only some time before the auction starts. Various sect masters, heads of powerful families, and rich cultivators were attending to buy if something interests them.

"What we are here to buy, Xinyue?"

Karan asked thinking if there is something specific that is being sold here.

"I would like to buy some weapons or space grade items as a gift for all the core disciples as a form of my gratitude."

Xinyue replied.

'She loves her sect a lot. It was great of me that I decided to avenge the attack on the sect. That had given her a favorable view of me.'

Karan thought to himself as his eyes wandered to the stage. And it was true that after Xinyue got to know that he destroyed Mount Hua Sect, she started to appreciate him.

Once everyone had settled down, the lights in the house went away. There was dark in the seating area but the stage was properly illuminated as a familiar woman walked on the stage.

"Tong Jie???"

The beautiful woman was none other than Tong Jie that Karan met at the cafe yesterday.

"I heard from Su Ling that you had some quarrel with the son of Zhong family who is engaged to her."

Xinyue said as she noticed Karan's reaction.

"Yes. But it's not anything serious."

Karan kept his eyes on the stage.

"Hello everyone! I'm Tong Jie and will be today's host for the auction!"

Tong Jie stood in the center of the stage and made an announcement.

People were impressed that she was helping in her family business. Tong family was one of the richest families in the Zhang Empire. They managed to accumulate a lot of wealth because of being a family that mostly worked in trading. Their ability to bring exquisite items from all over the world was the reason why this auction was attended by high-profile people.

"So lets the auction start! The first items to be auctioned are these 'Demonic swords'."

A man brought a table that has wheels attached to it. There were ten dark-looking katanas on it. Xinyue interests piqued as she looked at them.

"These swords are of 'Rare' category and each swords' cost will start from fifty-thousand spirit gems."

Low sounds of discussion originated among buyers. 'Rare' types of weapons were quite strong in Belated World but it was the first items so there might be better weapons after them.

"Do you like them, Xinyue?"

Karan asked.

"Jiwon, Mami, and Mina use swords and they are in the budget so I find this a good offer."

Xinyue replied as she was still thinking. Karan nodded in agreement. Jiwon's current sword was of 'uncommon' type so it will be a nice upgrade.

She decided to buy three of them. As other people bid for the swords too, she ended up spending more than what they were priced at.

After the swords, not much interested Xinyue and Karan didn't care so they started chatting with each other.

"Xinyue, why you love your sect so much?"

Karan asked a serious question. He wasn't familiar with the sect nor knew if every sect master loved their sect as she does.

"Do I? The Crescent Moon Sect was founded by my mother. I am just taking care of it since she died. My mother loved the sect and its disciples and I love my mother so I am trying to walk in her footsteps."

Xinyue replied. There was moisture in her eyes as she thought about her mother.

Karan found her pain relatable. His 'parents' died when he was young but then he got to know that weren't his parents. He doesn't know the reason why his real mother sent him there. But he assumed there must be some reason so he didn't hate her or anything. Heck, he doesn't even know her and neither cares that much.

"So you want the sect to win the Royal Sect Tournament because of your mother?"

14