8. “Gods and Goddesses of the forest”
416 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ah! Magic! You want to lea—” As the leader was about to continue its statement, it widens its eyes and started to ask. “Yo-you don’t have any magic back in your original world?”

“No. But it was some sort of a myth or part of a story in some fairy tales.” I said.

“So magic is like a legend to your kind?” The leader asked.

“U-um, yes!” I replied.

“Ah... You see, magic is essential to the livelihood of all the species in this world, I can’t even begin to imagine a life without magic… Without it maybe our village will cease to exist.” The leader said.

Of course! Without it maybe your species will act like a rabbit back at my homeworld.

The leader coughed a little and began to speak. “Ahem… then… I will tell you what I have learned about magic.”

I nodded as I rubbed my hands together in anticipation.

“Before I begin let me explain to you what is ‘mana’… Mana is the constant flowing of energy throughout the world. Mana makes it possible for living things to be alive. For as long as a person is alive it has a finite amount of mana.” The leader said.

The leader stood up and raised both its furry hands, he then closed his eyes and began to say. “litus manacus toh eberis.” After saying such words, white particles began to appear surrounding them.

“This is mana! These white particles in front of you are the driving force of this world! You and I possess these particles that make us who we are!” The leader said.

I then looked at both of my hands and said. “Inside of me?” is it even possible for me to possess these things? Even though I am not from this world?

“Creatures that have conscience such as ourselves have the capacity to manipulate mana to our ‘will’ and that process is what we call “magic”. For example, my village specializes in fire magic, it is the ‘will’ of my species to manipulate mana to produce fire… Now let me explain ‘Will’ the driving force to manipulate mana… For this example, I will produce a small fire in my finger.”

The leader pointed at the sky and said, “’ Will’ is the thing that you wanted to produce out of mana, for example, I ‘will’ for a simple fire to be shown on my fingers, as such you need to imagine it.” The leader closed its eyes and continued to say, “After you got the image of a simple fire in your head, you then recite the ancient language to translate your ‘Will’ for it to be made a reality.” The leader opened its eyes and said, “Magu Piere”

fire suddenly spawned at the top of its finger, I open my mouth and widen my eyes. “This is now my second time seeing magic in action.” I thought to myself. If I have that sort of freedom, then I can create things which are impossible without the current technology! Teleporting myself, neglecting gravity, making unlimited energy core for my machines and many more!

“You can create anything with mana! But there is a limitation to it.” The leader said.

Of course, there are limitations to its uses, if there aren’t then this world would be in chaos.

“Doing magic requires mana and the bigger the magic the bigger the mana is required… As I said earlier, every living thing has a finite amount of mana. When you ‘will’ something, mana surrounding you as proportionate to your available mana will begin to be attracted by your ‘will’ as such if you “will” something that requires a large amount of mana, then you must have a large amount of mana inside of you.” The leader continued.

“But how do you know if a certain amount of mana is required?” I asked.

“Through trials and errors, even our ancestors experimented with magic to produce a simple fire.” The leader said.

“The language that you recite when you do magic is also experimental, we don’t know how to learn more about the ancient language but when magicians try to invent new magic techniques, they often miraculously recite those words.”

So, learning new techniques is by pure chance? Or is it by completing a certain requirement? If it is by completing a requirement, then, I might program Sarrie to make a simulation on every possible way to produce a technique.

“That is all concerning magic, but there are also other people who have studied and learned more about magic outside of the forest.” The leader said.

“Ah… Is that it…?”

“Yes…” The leader said.

“Ah.,” I said.

“Mhmm…” The leader replied.

Gosh, this is so awkward.

The leader tilted its head as I looked down and blushed a little. “I wanted to know if I can do magic… But… why am I embarrassed to ask such a question?... What am I? A little child?!?”

“S-so…” I said.

“Yes?” The leader replied.

“I-is it possible for me… To manipulate magic?” I asked.

“Yes! Of course!” the leader replied.

I widened my eyes and gave a full smile… I can do magic!?

“Even though I’m not from this world?!” I said as I raised my voice.

“Hmm… Maybe… Let me see…” The leader said.

The leader opened its hands towards me and closed its eyes, the white particles started to move towards the palm of the leader’s hands. After a certain number of white particles have been sucked towards its palms the leader then opened its eyes and said. “Aprose!”

“I see, I see.” The leader nodded.

“Hmm… what is it?” I asked as I tilt my head to the right in the confusion.

“Your mana is… How can I say it?” The leader said as it put its right hand at its furry cheeks and continued to say, “…As twice as low as me…”

“What!?” I raised my voice. So… that means—

“You can only perform basic magic.” The leader continued.

No!!! I can’t do complex magic???

“So then… I can’t do Teleportation, controlling gravity, making unlimited energy core for my machines?” I said as I raised my voice and small tears flowing out of my eyes.

“N-no! You’ve misunderstood! At your current state, you can’t do what you want as of now! B-but with enough practice and improvement you can increase your mana and can produce complex magic!” the leader said.

“Ahh! That’s good.” I said as I sighed in relief.

“So then… Is that all about magic?” I said.

“I think that’s about it…” The leader said.

I then paused a little and remembered what happened earlier. “When the beast died, white particles started to come out of the cracked skin and began to change its color.” I thought to myself.

“I have another question…” I said.

“Go on…” The leader replied.

“When a living thing dies, does the mana inside of its body escape out of it and change its color?” I said.

Even the piece of the plant back at the laboratory.

“Ah, yes! That is what we call the cycle of Mana! When we are born, the surrounding mana will be used for us to be alive, and when we die the mana inside of us will disperse and will be scattered throughout the surroundings.” The leader answered.

“I see…” I said.

I then started to stand and began to say.

“Leader of the…” I looked at the leader and said. “Um… What is the name of this village?” I asked.

The leader started to stand and replied. “Oh… I forgot to mention it… our village is called ‘Makenomen Village’.”

“Okay then…” I coughed a little and continued to say. “Leader of the Makenomen Village, I proudly present you a gift of my appreciation for accepting my presence!”

A cannon blaster at the entrance of the village started to go around at the side of the village heading towards us and after a moment of waiting, it arrived at our side. I pointed at it and said. “Please accept this servant of mine! It is capable of destroying the beast that hinders you to explore for food and…” Robotic hands started to get out from both sides of the cannon blaster, I then continued to say. “And can even gather as much as 20 fruits!”

The leader widens its eyes and said, “N-no, no! There is nothing worthy of us to accept this powerful servant at our hands! Even our reward for you is insufficient!” the leader raised its voice as tears started to come out of its eyes.

“Then… Teach me magic! Teach me how to manipulate mana!” I said.

The rabbit stared at me with its teary eyes and said. “Will it really be enough for the reward?” The leader said as it began to kneel in front of me.

O-okay… your over-exaggerating!

“Eh… T-this is fine!” I said as I began to blush.

“Oh, Human! our great savior! We cannot thank you enough!” The leader said as a large number of tears flowed out of its eyes.

I then crouched and started to pat its head. “Then I’ll come back tomorrow, for I have some matters to be done at my laboratory,” I said.

“L-laboratory?” The leader tilts its head.

“Ah! I mean my house!” I said as I laughed a little.

“Then I will leave one of my servants to you!” I continued to say as I patted the cannon blaster.

 

 

 

 

After saying our goodbyes, we then walked away from the village to return towards the laboratory, the remaining robots guided me towards the laboratory, for they have memorized the path.

“I gave one cannon blaster to them, because aside for protecting the extinction of their species it is also to observe their society.” I thought to myself. The cannon blaster has a built-in camera recorder and a microphone that made it possible for me to observe how their society works.

They are the first intelligent creatures that I met, so it is natural for me to make them my first “research animals”, I chuckled and gave a half-smile of the idea.

“There are no etiquettes in this world about research restrictions, right? And also, this is part of the ‘reward’ that they wanted to give me.” I thought to myself.

After a long walk from the village, we finally arrived at the laboratory. I looked above at the sky and noticed that it was about to go dark. I entered inside the laboratory and a holographic screen projecting a gray halo and a woman voice started to talk to me and said. “Welcome back, Sir!”

“I’m back, Sarrie,” I said.

“Then should we discuss the oil situation, Sir?” Sarrie said.

“Did you researched on its component and verified that it can be extracted and made it for energy?” I said.

“Yes, while you were gone for the expedition, I have researched about it and verified that it is possible to extract it and produce it for energy! But as I have expected, the mysterious particles are also mixed within the oil.” Sarrie said.

“Oh yeah about that, it’s called mana,” I said.

“Really?” Sarrie said.

“Analyzed the recordings from my armor vest and put it on your memory as a piece of valid information about this mysterious particle that we have discovered,” I ordered Sarrie.

“Okay, Sir…”

I entered the door that is now in front of us and heard the sound of robotic hands working.

I then walked a little, holding the metallic railings and looked down below to see what the robotic hands are doing.

“So, they are building mini drilling wells,” I said.

“After we confirmed about the oil, I have initiated this,” Sarrie said.

I then nodded and said to Sarrie. “Then… I will go to sleep for tomorrows training for magic! You take care of the rest Sarrie.” I said to her.

She then said. “Okay, sir! Goodnight!”

 

 

 

In the forest, there is this large giant tree in the middle. At the middle of its trunk is a large circular crystal fused in it. At the top of its branches is a large building that shaped like a castle. It is what they call “The castle of the forest gods” from the name itself. This is where the gods and goddesses of the forest lived.

The castle is made up of different floors, on the second floor is where the gods and goddesses gathered together to hold a special meeting about the “current situation.” The second-floor interior is filled with gold and a majestic carpet below, a circular metallic table is seen at the middle of the room and large windows at the side – in which you will see the entire view of the forest. Sitting at the chairs near the round table are the gods and goddesses. There is a total of eight gods and goddesses that are “protecting” the forest.

“How are things at your end Chmatu?” The voice of a man said. He is the god named “Aulan”, he possessed a vast amount of knowledge and intelligence. His appearance is not human as everyone expected for a God to look like, but shaped like a pink jellyfish.

“Oh! It is doing great.” The voice of a cold woman said. She is the god named “Chmatu”. She possessed the ability to manipulate the mind. Her appearance looks like a little girl.

“Really? It smells like bad news to me with that poker face and cold voice you have!” Said the woman that pose a seductive tone. She is the god named “Detuand”. She is a beautiful woman known to be the goddess of lust. Her sexy body and clothing might seduce both men and women.

Chmatu looked at Detuand and twitch her mouth. Then Detuand began to say. “You know… If you let me stay at your bed last night, I might have solved your cold and poker face.” She said as she pointed her fingers at her.

“I don’t want to dirty my “mind”.’ Chmatu replied back.

“So, you do like me!” She said as she placed both of her hands at her cheek and blushed. “Oh my~”

“Can we please move on?” Chmatu said as she faced towards Aulan.

“Ah, yes of course!” Aulan said.

He floated upwards and began to say. “I have called you here, to discuss an abnormality of the forest recently… There is a large amount of mana being manipulated in the past few days, which is alarming because there are no races that lurk in this forest.”

“I have assured you that I have already taken care of those pests,” Said the man. He is the god named “Dort” He possessed the power called “gluttony” – the power to eat its opponents and inherit their mana and increase his mana capacity. His is very fat, with short hands and medium size legs.

“Just as Dort said since there are no such things that can possess powerful mana lurking around the forests, Thus I propose an investigation upon the matter… We don’t want to repeat what happened 490 years ago.” Aulan said.

“Just as we are almost to complete the resurrection of our “father” a new troublemaker has appeared in our mist!” The voice of a boy said as he raised his voice. He is the god named “Bailael” He posses the power of “foresight” – a power that lets him see the future. He is a human boy wearing a black veil.

“Thus, I shall assi—” As Aulan was about to continue, the god of the soil suddenly stood up and said. “We have an issue! The seal of the dragon has been broken!”

 

 

 

Mini drilling well has been installed in various locations near the laboratory, orange smoke (because of the mana surrounding it) started to come out of the tube of the machines as it extracts the oil. The oil then proceeds towards the tube connecting it towards the laboratory to be extracted and transformed to be used for energy.

Sarrie is the one in charge of the operation because she is only a program, she only saw the progress through binary bits of ones and zeros.

But then, a strange occurrence happened. She detected an object below the ground coming towards the laboratory, she doesn’t know what it is, thus she doesn’t know what her counter-measures will be, luckily Security Boot Manager has already stepped up and made counter-measures. He switched the drilling machines to halt its process and sent out security robots outside of the laboratory. He then turned on the magnetic shield to protect the surroundings.

Then suddenly outside of the magnetic field, the soil in the grown started to go upwards, as it goes upwards the soil became larger in width and began to show a pair of eyes and a mouth and began to say as he raised his voice. “I am the god of the soil! ‘Ethauroth’ The one who protects the seal of the great dragon!”

As the security robots aim their guns towards the god, he then continued to say, “Who dares broke the protection that I have imparted towards the dragon?!!”

5