One Story Ends…
274 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earth, Iceland, 880ad -

Reikon snapped awake, the reoccurring nightmare of her last few moments before her banishment regularly woke her up at night, she looked down at her human hands flexing the cold human digits, illuminated by the dying fire that had made in front of them... she despised that humans could not manage their body heat well. She raised her head from Skylen's arm, they had fallen asleep together on the rock floor after their earlier planning session, Skylen spooning her back and holding her close to him with his other arm. She managed to slip out from under his arm without waking him and bring herself to her feet, aching and numb from sleeping on the cold hard floor. Looking back at his peaceful sleeping body brought a hint of a smile to her face, but she turned and walked out of the cave,

Reikon: "It's time." she said to her self quietly as she stepped out of the mouth of the cave, hold The Shard out in her hand into the cold night sky, it quivered and floated up, hovering and turning slowly above her hand. Thinking hard about what she wanted... she wanted her old body back, her powerful Draconic form, she brought that to the focus point in her mind and opened her eyes to look into the Shard, it was spinning faster and glowing a strong purple and red now... but her eyes caught a different glow of red and yellow behind the Shard and below... Her eyes widened...

Reikon: "Noo!", vanishing and storing the Shard as she use to many years ago, and dropped to her knees at the edge of the rock face at the sight below... Her village, ablaze, boats below in the ocean launching balls of fire up at the cliff top village and her village folk running and shouting in chaos.

Reikon: "Skylen!..." She shouted, scurrying to her feet and running back toward the cave, but he was quick, already screeching to a halt in front of her at the mouth of the cave. "...We have to help them!" She said desperately, pointing behind her, he looked past her at the village below.

Skylen: "But they're only humans, I thought you didn't like them?"

Reikon: "I thought I didn't... but... they've been my only family for twelve years, I owe it to them, please help." He looked past her again,

Skylen: "As you wish my love, stay here." he said preparing to take off,

Reikon: "No NO!, take me with you!"

Skylen: "It won't be safe down there for you."

Reikon: "I have the Shard, I can help!"

Skylen: "Very well." he said, rolling his eyes, he lunged forwards, roughly grabbing her as he did and belted full nose dive down the water fall and pulled up at the last moment, pulling almost unbearable G forces and creating a large speed boost through the manoeuvre, Reikon holding on to his arm for dear life as the wind ripped over her flying low over the trail down to the village.

Skylen ripped his wings almost vertical, acting as a wind brake and stopping them almost on the spot in mid air and released Reikon a few feet from the ground just outside the village boundary.

Skylen: "What exactly do you want me to do?" Skylen asked, unphased. Gasping for breath she looked around, there were invaders from the boats in the village, trying to attack the villagers, women and children running and escaping burning houses, the men doing their utmost to repel the invaders using shields with axes or swords. But one man was getting overwhelmed clearly the prime target for the invaders, fighting three simultaneously...

Reikon: "There, that's the village Chief, help him!" Skylen followed her point hand and bounded forwards, the Chief was knocked to the floor by one of the invaders who was about to make the killing blow, Skylen leapt claws bared and drove them into the man, his scream died out quickly as they hit the floor, Skylen spun back around to the other two attackers who were now about to retreat, but they never took more than one step before Skylen's razor sharp tail blades slice their mid sections clean in two.

Chief: "Odin's ghost!" the Chief said picking up his axe again and charging for Skylen, Reikon just arriving in time.

Reikon: "WAIT! WAIT CHIEF PLEASE!" she shouted, standing between herself and Skylen, who was on all fours, getting ready to dodge the chief's attack.

Chief: "Reikon?! Stand aside!"

Reikon: "No! He's a... a friend..." she said defending Skylen, using the word 'Friend' loosely to save having to explain a complicated relationship and history "...I just asked him to save you, he can help." Skylen, stood up on his hind legs, now easily standing taller than the Viking by another foot, nodded at Reikon's last words. You could visibly see the village Chief still trying to work out if what he was seeing was real, brought back to reality by a scream of a villager near by, he pointed at Skylen.

Chief: "You... if Reikon trusts you then I will as well, but if you betray us, I will have your head mounted on my wall,... can you take out their boats?" Skylen nodded, Turing back to Reikon,

Skylen: "Stay safe my love."

Reikon: "I've managed this long on my own, I'm sure I'll be alright for another five minutes." she said, winking back with a smile. He smiled back and blasted from the ground, again, nearly knock Reikon off her feet with his speed and power. She ran to the the cliff edge to see him dive bombing a ship and releasing a trail of fire from his mouth, covering the deck in flames, the invaders diving from the ship.

She chuckled, seeing her mighty partner destroy their forces with ease, then she heard running foot steps from behind she turned to see an invader running at her sword above his head, screaming as ran now. Reikon gasped, cowered, but instinctively held her hands out at him. The invader's attack cry turned into that of groans of uncertainty as he was lifted off the ground, Reikon peeked through her arms seeing him somersaulting over her head and his cries of fear as he fell over and down the cliff to his rocky watery grave below, Reikon jumped with joy.

Reikon: "Yes! My powers are well and truly back!" She had to help her lover though she thought to herself, she needed her old body to be of any real use. Again she revealed the Shard above her hand and again, she drew the image of her old self in her mind, concentrated as hard as she could with all the distractions around her. She shuddered and groaned in pain as she could feel her body shifting and growing, only to be interrupted by a scream of a voice she recognised... Magnus! Her eyes snapped open to see him and mother being chased by two invaders back towards their house.

Reikon: "Noo..." She said with a worried almost silent cry. She ran towards them noticing already her quicker speed, the door to their house closed behind the invaders a few dozen feet in front of her and she ran full pelt at the solid wooden door with her shoulder and it shattered into pieces flying into the house.

She stood in the room, not seeing anyone, then foot steps from up stairs, she bounded straight upstairs to the top floor where her's and Magnus's bedrooms were located. At the top of the stairs at the entrance to her old room, there they were, stepping through the door way, Reikon could hear her mother and Magnus whimpering in the background.

Invader 1: "Look, she's on the bed already for us!"

Invader 2: "Come here boy, let us show you how real men look after a woman."

Reikon: "And let me show you how REAL WOMEN treat 'REAL MEN'!", Reikon shouted as she ran up the last few steps, flicking her tail blades and plunging them through the chest of the first one to spin round to her, the second turned and she swiped her recently re-clawed hand at his face, digging deep and tearing flesh from bone and he fell to the floor, she pushed the now dead and limp first one off of her tail and he too fell to the floor.

Magnus: "Reikon?! Is that you?" he asked uncertainly. She looked down at herself, certainly more of her animalistic nature had returned, but her body still looked predominantly human, she could see that looking down her face, it was still human, but her hands and forearms were Draconian, scaly and clawed, she had the other extremities such as her wings that she could feel moving naturally by her thoughts and the tail that she had already well used, although it was smaller than it use to be, it was more in scale with her current form, but she was a bit taller too, no digitigrade legs, but they felt and looked slightly longer.

Reikon: "Yes, little brother it's me." She said with a worried smile, wondering how they were going to take this in.

Ma ma: "Reikon?..." Her mother said with a tone of fear "...Are you some sort of... demon?"

Reikon: "No... I'm,... look it's a very long story, one we don't have time for, I need you to escape the village, it's not safe here, come on." Reikon replied stepping to one side of the door and gesturing them to leave. Her mother hesitated before sliding off the bed and pulling Magnus with her.

Ma ma: "I hope it's a good story." said as she stepped along side her, keeping Magnus shielded and keeping herself face on to Reikon in fear to keep an eye on her.

Reikon: "I will tell you it when I find you again after this Ma ma, but... I probably won't look like this" Reikon replied, gesturing down at herself. Magnus broke free from his mother's grip and clung around Reikon's waist.

Magnus: "I don't want to lose my big sister" he said with a blubbery tone, Reikon broke free from his grasp and knelt down so she was level with his face,

Reikon: "You're not going to lose me, because you will always be my little brother." and he launched himself to cuddle around her neck and she returned the hug back, trying though not to wipe her bloody claws on his back. She broke the embrace by standing up,

Reikon: "Now, behave until I sort this mess out, alright? Look after Ma ma for me while I'm busy, I want to see the big brave hunter boy that I saw yesterday afternoon, ok?" She said with a smile. Magnus sniffed and wiped his tears away and gave a little nod.

Ma ma: "Thank you, Reikon." her mother said, pulling Magnus back beside her,

Reikon: "No, thank you Ma ma, for everything..." She gave her a quick hug as well, "...now go, please." Her mother nodded, beckoned Magnus to follow and ran down the stairs and Reikon heard them trample over the remains of the front door and out. Reikon looked around her room and sighed, she brought the Shard out into view again and tried to finish her transformation back, only something was wrong, there was a soaring whistling noise getting louder and closer and then time seemed to slow... the roof above her smashed, splintered and collapsed in from the weight of a fire ball that was puncturing it, searing heat increased rapidly on her back as flames licked in through the roof line and she pulled the Shard in close to her chest. But then rather than feeling any impact, she felt as if something sucked everything out of her, her life, her soul, her consciousness... all pulled away until there was nothing... The Fire ball resumed full speed smashing through the house and bringing it caving in on itself, catching the mostly wooden structure on fire as it fell.

__________

Skylen soared between the burning wreckages of of the ships he previously set on fire, zeroing in on the final ship, which, as he approached launched a fire ball toward the village from it's launcher and the crew on board trying to launch spears and shoot arrows from their cross-bow launchers, he cork screwed to avoid the arrows and doused the ship with his own fire. Much like all the other ships, the wooden hull caught alight quickly and the crew dived over board. Skylen, gave a deep triumphant laugh as he took off full speed up the cliff face. Landing in the village there was cheering and triumphant yells from the men of the village and Skylen saw a few stragglers of the invaders being chased out of the village, chuckling to him self at the image, the Chief bounded up to him grabbed his clawed and and threw it up in the air victoriously,

Chief: "Odin sent us a saviour! Ha ha!..." The cheer continued "...but our work is not over, get these fires out, then we have the hard job of, and for the love of Thor I hope there isn't, but find out if we lost anyone."

Ma ma: "Reikon?! Where's Reikon?!" Skylen looked to the source of the voice, a group of human women and children were walking back into the village, the one in particular who spoke  was dragging a young boy by the hand with her. She ran off in a particular direction and Skylen watched her intently, 'I hope that's not the same Reikon' he was thinking.

Ma ma: "Odin's ghost!... Our house!, Reikon!" She ran towards the burning remains. Skylen was now very worried indeed, he bounded over to meet the now sobbing woman.

Skylen: "Where is she?!" Skylen demanded as he arrived next to the woman, who squeaked with fear upon realising this large creature, a Dragon, was standing next to her and talking to her, she remained silent in fear.

Skylen: "You mentioned Reikon by name, Where is she?!" he snapped, getting impatient.

Ma ma: "S-she was... we last saw her in our house... I - I'm not sure if she left though..." Skylen looked inside, and without another moments hesitation he's charged in. It was hot... flames licking at him, his scaly hide protecting him better than any human skin could, but it was still hot... and that was also worrying him, if it was too much for him, how was Reikon... he dread to think, in fact, he had hoped he was just wasting his time and she wasn't in here, he ducked under a roof beam, around some collapsed stairs.

Skylen: "Reikon!..." he screamed, some what hoping that she wouldn't answer, only due to not being in here, "...Reikon!... " Still scanning through the flames... "...Rei- NO!" he saw what he was dreading... a scaly, limp hand, hanging over a rafter over the other side of what was left of this room he was in. Skylen shot forwards, burning his hands on engulfed furniture and pieces building to throw them out of his way, and he made it to the limp hand, barely seeing part of her human face under the rubble and debris, he lifted a heavy beam off of her causing him to roar in strain, throwing the beam to one side, he dragged her rag doll body out from the rubble and picked her up in his arms, a large piece of wall fell down, blocking the way he came and his exit, growling in frustration, he spotted some day light through the quickly thickening smoke and made his way over to it, now causing him to cough. He got to the source of light, realising it was a window and smashed it through with his tail, stepped on though, doing his best to bring Reikon through with no further injury.

He coughed and choked again as he made it to the grass outside, trying his best to take her as far away as possibly from any burning buildings. He stumbled as he coughed again, but making sure he didn't drop Reikon. He lowered her to the ground, between two safe buildings, placing his ear to her mouth to listen for any breathing... there was none... He took another look over her whole body, although she looked as though she had started her transformation back, she was in a bad way, charred flesh, serious burns to most of her body, and the back of her hair was soaked in blood... as if on cue for emphasising the truth in front of him, thunder started rolling in.

Skylen: "No... no... no... no no no no..." he started crying, stoking her head, "...no... my love, come back, don't leave me, I'm here now, right where you need me to be, I came back for you... come back for me... please... I beg you!" he sobbed, rocking them both back and forth on the spot, holding her as close to him as possible, tears running down his face and landing on her lifeless body.

Ma ma: "Odin be with us..." the woman said running up towards the weeping dragon clasping her hands over her mouth and dropping to her knees, crying herself now upon realisation of the scene in front of her. Skylen looked at her partially charred face as the first few drops of rain hit them both, another rumble of thunder and lightning echoed over the sea that extended out before the village... rage started to fill Skylen... this was no normal storm... he looked up to the sky that was slowly turning dark again... Now quickly filling with cloud. But there it was... 'Thor'... the three hulled ship just poking it's belly through the cloud cover it created. Now shaking with anger he made a powerful roar up at the ship as it loomed over them.

__________

Admiral Wrex, arms crossed over his chest as he stood on the bridge, looking out the view port of Thor. The Admiral, denoted now by the six long red stripes on his his right chest plate of his black armour, that he needn't wear any more, he was no longer directly in charge of Fury, or any Strike Team for that matter, bridge crew normally wear white armour, but he insisted that the only way he would accept the promotion to Admiral was to keep the satin black armour, telling them he "found white too distracting". In truth, he kept it to remind him how he got here, where others saw victories, he saw only failures. Much to Star Light, Eishin and Clayne's disappointment, failing and losing his brother was too much for him and he couldn't lead them any more because of it.

He kept tabs on Skylen when he was kicked back to the Warriors but never contacted him, he didn't dare. Skylen had performed as expected after Reikon's banishment, initially the first six months he acted up, causing trouble through defiance, but then suddenly he settled, performed well enough to lead a platoon of Warriors, greatly assisting the war effort. One particular mission that he was noted for, he was ordered to assist Strike Teams in the preferential capture, if not then eradication, of Ai-saleen and others, though Skylen had his own ideas it seems, beating the Strike Teams to the objective and apparently the objectives resisted capture, resulting in their deaths. Wrex had his own theory though, he knew Skylen's anger still festered deep, making him a relentless and merciless fighter, but where ever he went, death followed and a 'kill first ask questions later' attitude to how he carried out his missions.

After spending just three years in the Warriors, Skylen's accomplishments had gotten him noticed and he was moved back to Strike teams. Five years of war past, attempting to undo the work that Reikon had managed to do in such small amount of time in comparison, his Strike Team leader, befell "a terrible death by hands of the Insurrectionists" again, Wrex again had his own suspicions, but didn't say anything due to not have any facts to prove them true. But this got Skylen, with his past record considered, promoted to leader of that Strike Team, Inferno. Another year and he and Inferno played a large part in quelling the insurrection, wiped out most of their leadership and shattered their resolve. And for the last three years or so Draconia has enjoyed more less constant peace time. Then the something odd happened just yesterday... Skylen went missing, along with the Shard from the Vault in the Palace on Axis Mundis, but Wrex was only informed this morning.

Thor had been in orbit over Great Britain when they had a radiation flare and power reading large enough fill their sensors, only one power source on Earth could match that type of power level and radiation output, The Heart of The Vanguard, or subsequently, the shard. It was too much of a coincidence, Skylen and the Shard go missing and now this energy surge this morning... "What are you up to Skylen?..." He muttered to himself gazing at the image of a smoking cliff top village on the display the epicenter coordinates for the source of the power spike. He had sent down the only two Strike Teams he had left onboard, Defiant and Fury to investigate, if he had more he would have sent them, he didn't like the situation and didn't trust Skylen. Wrex's communicator on his gauntlet beeped and he looked at it, It was Star Light, he swiped the control and opened his hand, Star Light's holographic appeared... With Wrex stepping out of front line duty and as a result, out of Fury as well, and Skylen's demotion and eventual promotion to a different Strike Team, Star Light was promoted to Fury's new leader which gained two new highly recommended members to bring back up to full strength, Wrex kept in contact with her, but not as much as he should have done he admitted, their conversations normally only limited their work nowadays, he just couldn't face them on sociable terms any more, it was just easier for him to be alone.

Star Light: "Admiral." She greeted formally and abruptly.

Wrex: "Captain..." he returned the formalness, "Any idea wh-"

Star Light: "You need to get down here." She interrupted.

Wrex: "I'm an Admiral now Captain, my duty is on the ship."

Star Light: "Wrex... cut the crap, trust me, you need to get you arse down her NOW." She growled on that last word, before swiping up with her left hand and the image disappeared. The entire bridge crew turned to look at Wrex, presumably to see how he accepted being spoken to in such a way by a subordinate.

Wrex: "Haven't you all got stations to be monitoring?..." Wrex said to them all, noticing their stares, making it known that Star Light was only one going to be able to down to him in such away "...Captain, you have the Con." He ordered his next in command who was in general ops station position to the right of the command chair, he stood with an official, "Aye sir." gave, the fist on chest, salute and swapped seats to the command chair as Wrex made his way to one of the bridge exits, immediately heading to his right, heading for the outer hull and one of the drop stations, one of the many areas of the ship that had external doors to allow personnel to leave the ship by flight. After a short walk to the drop station he entered, the Warrior Guard inside greeted him with a salute which Wrex returned him, went to one of the six doors, punched in his command code and opened the thick glass inner door, which sealed behind him once he entered. The pressures equalised and the outer hull hatch opened and he stepped out, falling immediately into a nose dive closing his eyes, enjoying the wind blasting his face... he had missed doing drops, he adjusted his body and tail angle to be aiming for the island, only opening his wings when he was close enough, wind blasting them with a loud whip noise and he slowed to an almost mid air stop and gently glided to land on the cliff edge, where Star Light was waiting for him, cross armed.

Wrex: "What is so import that I need to be here in person?" he asked, starting to walk past Star Light.

Star Light: "Hello to you too..." She answered back sarcastically, making a quick jog to catch him up to lead him in the right direction. "...do you remember it was only a few years ago we had something between us? You know, feelings? Companionship? Ringing any bells?"

Wrex: "As I recall when I suggested a proper partnership you turned your snout up at it"

Star Light: "Yes... Wrex... can't believe I'm explaining this to you again, LOOK..." She said stopping them mid walk, just as they were about to enter the village "...we agreed many, many years ago, when we first started out, that given the nature of our jobs it would be stupid to get emotionally involved yes, but things changed, I felt it and I know you did, don't lie, we had something good going, even if it wasn't official, it was still... special." she said with a hopeful but depressed look on her face, but Wrex turned away,

Wrex: "Yes, things changed, not necessarily between us admit but..." He trailed off.

Star Light: "But what?" She asked quietly.

Wrex: "I can't let anyone down again." Wrex said still looking away.

Star Light: "You wouldn't..." She tried to assure him, he paused, shook his head and carried on walking.

Wrex: "We'll talk about it later, maybe... where are we headed?" still not looking at her. She sighed and walked past him,

Star Light: "Follow me". She lead him to a body of a typical armoured Viking man.

Star Light: "What do you notice?" nodding at the body. He looked it over, a long hole going almost the length of the mans torso.

Wrex: "Deep penetrating wound, judging by the size, a large axe?" She flipped the body over and pulled off the mans armour protecting his back, showing four exit wounds. Wrex looked up to meet her eyes,

Wrex: "Dragon tail blades!"

Star Light: "Mmm-hmm..." she said with a enthusiastic nod "...and that's not the main reason why I called you down here." She said walking him further into the village, passing more scattered bodies on the way, she stopped them between two more houses... a sheet lie in the middle with clearly a body under it and she gently peeled the sheet off of it revealing a charred and broken girl. No, not a girl... she had wings, a tail and scaly hands with claws, suddenly it all clicked and his eyes widened at Star Light at the realisation - Skylen's disappearance, along with The Shard, the power spike we detected, these Vikings killed by a Dragon, where no Vanguard forces were deployed, now this random human-girl hybrid...

Wrex: "No way!, that's not..." he started speaking, cut off by her gesturing, holing up he right gauntleted arm and pointing to it,

Star Light: "DNA confirmed... You are looking at the body of our old friend, Princess Reikon", she said solemnly. 

Wrex crouched down next to the girl, stroked her matted and frizzled hair before putting his head in his hands.

Star Light: "This doesn't make sense does it?" She asked him, he pulled his head from his hands looking at the body again.

Wrex: "Go on, tell me what you're thinking as well, see if what I taught you stuck in there"

Star Light: "These bodies, they're pretty much all male, and there's enough here to populate this village but that wouldn't make sense because there would be females and offspring."

Wrex: "Mm-hmm" Wrex agreed.

Star Light: "So... this village was attacked by aggressors, from the now burning boats that are smashing on the rocks on the shore below."

Wrex: "Yep."

Star Light: "We all knew Reikon was banished, but never where to. So obviously to this village, presumably turned human as part of her punishment? But was in the process of turning herself back when she was killed, presumably using the Shard that Skylen stole?"

Wrex: "I'd agree with that."

Star Light: "So the questions are: Where are the villagers? Why did they just suddenly leave?, Where's Skylen? Why would he leave her body here? And then also, where's the Shard?, unless he has it?"

Wrex: "Yep, that's everything I'm asking myself." slowly nodding.

Eishin then walked around one of the houses,

Eishin: "I found something Star Li... Oh hello... Admiral." he said uncertainty as Wrex stood up.

Wrex: "What have you got?" Wrex and Star Light said simultaneously, they looked to each other and they both gave an awkward little smile, before turning back to Eishin. He presented a Gauntlet,

Eishin: "I found... It's Skylen's... on path out of the village, I did a little digging, didn't take much, but I found a message left for you, Admiral"

Wrex looked confused,

Wrex: "Me?... ok, lets hear it." Eishin fumbled the controls until a holographic image of Skylen appeared image appeared above the Gauntlet, the image facing to one side, Eishin rotated the gauntlet so the image was facing Wrex and Star Light.

Skylen: "So 'Admiral' Wrex... yes, you're not the only one keeping tabs on the other... I knew you'd be on that ship. Don't worry, these villagers are safe, I instructed them to run and hide before you're teams trampled through here. I have no doubt that by now you have found my lover's body..." The image of Skylen looked painful at his last words, but the pain in his face quickly shifted to that of pure hatred and each word following was said with a menacing growl, "...I am glad you heeded my last warning about talking to me, so here's another for you, if you pursue me, if I so much as get a whiff that you, or any Vanguard on my tail, you will regret it, so will everyone you know and love... and Wrex, I promise you, I WILL finish what we started, the fall of the Vanguard is coming." And the message ended abruptly. Star Light turned to Wrex,

Star Light: "What do we do?"

Wrex stood frozen trying to think... he use to be able to read his brother like a book, now he didn't know what he was looking at, an enemy that knew everything about the Vanguard, everything about him, everywhere he would come from, how he fought, his strategies, his weaknesses... and worse of all, this was his fault, he could have and should have done more for his brother and Reikon back at the hearing, maybe even before they left Mu, should he have just turned a blind eye? Made up a cover story? Would that have been the right thing to do?... he looked down at Reikon's body, her death was on his hands, he then side glanced Star Light... Skylen will come after everyone he knew and loved for this, even her, and then that would be on him too, he had to sort this, on his own.

Star Light: "Wrex?" questioning his silence.

Wrex: "I..." he started, still trying to think his plan through "...Give me that gauntlet..." Eishin handed it over, "...Get yourselves back to the ship, leave her body".

Eishin: "Sir? Queen Arisu should have Reikon's body returned" Eishin asked

Star Light: "We're not going to look for him? He won't have gotten far! We still have a chance!" fired after him as he turned.

Wrex: "You have your orders... back to the Ship!" Wrex said walking away with speed.

__________

Wrex sat in his quarters on board Thor at his desk, he sat there in silence looking at Skylen's Gauntlet sat front and center on his desk... he sighed and turned slowly in his chair, taking in the plush luxury and comfort of his room for the last time, he had decided, he had made his mid up, he knew what he had to do. Making a full rotation back to the desk he moved the gauntlet to one side, tapped in a few short commands on holographic display and sat back in his chair, his speech instantly being put into text as he started speaking.

Wrex: "Personal log entry... see attached my official report on our disturbing findings on Iceland. I don't really know how to put this into words so I'm just going to let this flood out, excuse the informalities but by time anyone reads this it wont matter anyway... Skylen has become distraught, full of anger, rage and a want for revenge. He has become a danger to himself, Earth and Draconia, my friends, my family... I strongly believe he has the Shard and will stop at nothing to complete what Reikon started so many years ago... I have been in the Vanguard long enough to know how this will play out if I play by the rules and consult the Queen and the Council... This isn't something the Vanguard can't sort, certainly not in time... he's my problem and this is my fault that this is happening... So to that end, I hereby resign my position in the Vanguard. Once I have completed my mission I will return, without any resistance, face whatever charges and punishments you deem fit. This is Ad.... actually, Wrex,... just Wrex, signing off". He tapped the controls again to end the log and had an incoming message on his Gauntlet, it was his XO.

He accepted that call,

Wrex: "Wrex here."

Captain: "Admiral, all Vanguard are aboard and accounted for, orders please sir."

Wrex: "Take us back to our previous assignment over Great Britain." Wrex replied.

Captain: "Aye sir." the com ended. Wrex shot out of his chair and out of his quarters, bounding on all fours down the hall, slipping into an out cove which lead to his nearest emergency exit. He ran up the ladder, pulling the lever, opening the inner hatch, he shot through, closing it behind him, then pulled another lever and opening the outer hatch allowing the blast of air escaping to pull him out and land on top of the hull the ship was turning around, he could faintly see the island below falling behind them. He launched himself from the hull and allowed the ship to fly past under him, which did take it's time due to it's size. But he hovered in mid air as he watched it fly away, then looked back to and flew for the island.

4