Chapter 6 – Protective Cloth
230 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rumbling gets louder as the rate of the movement increases, he's unable to move, sweat pours down his forehead.

 

 

The whole exterior section of the buildings around the hotel have been blown away.

 

 

There's just fire and smoke everywhere, there is no  longer a street.

 

 

Dust from the collapsed hotel mixes in with the smoke, making it hard to breathe. He steps behind the wall to block off most of the residual heat.

 

 

His heart starts racing as thoughts float across his mind, 'If I hadn't jump across, I'd be fucked, dead. There's no way someone can survive that.'

 

 

He takes a deep breath to calm his mind, he can't think about that stuff right now.

 

 

He needs to continue facing forward.

 

 

"RAH"

 

 

Some creatures appear nearby, he chuckles as he says, "Well at least we have this stress relief."

 

 

He and Bones easily kill the two carriers that appeared, a growling of zombies and other mutated ones appear behind them.

 

 

The two of them break into the crowd and slaughter them all, 20 zombies and 5 creatures lay dead as he pants afterward.

 

 

Bones killed 5 of them, while he killed 15.

 

 

He polishes the Zombie Slayer Mk1 as he waits for the stamina to regenerate. His result was solely thanks to the weapon that he just acquired. But thanks to it, he now feels totally refreshed and his mind is much steadier. It seems like the answer to his problems is just before him: just progress through this game stuff and see what happens.

 

 

He drinks another stamina potion after putting the sword away, he now has 110 survival coins and one green box. It's the same green that Bones has on his skeleton, the box opens up revealing what's inside.

 

 

<Basic Protective Cloth, able to withstand 5 hits before expiry. +1 to every stat. Module Slots: 1. Durability 5/5>

 

 

It's a small orb, he instinctively places it on his chest, where it creates a thin protective barrier over his skin and clothes, the little orb has a single slot on it for something. It'll block 5 hits for him that'd otherwise be fatal, he's able to relax slightly in battle having that layer of protection.

 

 

Kaleb looks over to Bones who has a few cracks that are slowly disappearing, it's not affecting its performance, but it'll reset the progress it's made so far. The skeleton reaches into the corpses and absorbs the energy as Kaleb looks for a map or floor plan.

 

 

He comes across an elevator, which is shutdown, and a fire exit. There's a floorplan revealing quite a few large rooms but most of it is covered by the small offices where he just was. He recalls the message earlier about killing a boss monster, if you can kill the floor boss then they don't spawn anymore on that floor. Does that mechanic still apply here?

 

 

He plans out a route to check this out quickly, it doesn't take long for Bones to recover. His stamina is astonishing while Kaleb's is rather pitiful, luckily, they have lots of stamina potions. It's far more convenient to have Bones carry what he doesn't need. It holds most of the potions for him as it's just a quick detour to reach over to 5 large rooms. That shouldn't take too long.

 

 

That is, if those shocks an tremors didn't toss about the furniture, and ruin the floor in places, he walks through the first door.

 

 

"One, four, eight... sixteen?"

 

 

Kaleb says as he adjusts to his broken eardrums, it's a weird feeling, but he can still hear the things around him.

 

 

He steps forwards, the first creature is before him. Bones leaves Kaleb in order to handle some, further away.

 

 

*SWISH* *THUD*

 

 

The first creature is decapitated without noticing the intruders.

 

 

Kaleb quickly intercepts the next creature, it's one of the muscular ones.

 

 

His sword hacks into its forehead, "ROAAAR" it spits at Kaleb as it swipes forward.

 

 

The spit is knocked out of him as he is thrown back, luckily destroying the creature’s brain before they parted. The protective cloth is shimmering as the durability decreases by one, he can't get careless just because he has this cover. He fixes his stance and charges towards the next creature. The rest of the room has noticed Kaleb, as they run over the furniture towards him, Bones has started his work.

 

 

*THUUUD*

 

 

Some of them impact the wall as Bones swings his axe.

 

 

Two of them are dead while 5 of them attack bones, who's able to shrug off their attempts to infect him.

 

 

The group still heading toward Kaleb hisses at him, getting ready to infect him with their claws and teeth.

 

 

He throws a few objects to slow them down, the creatures are stupid as they allow the fire extinguisher, chairs, and computer to hit them.

 

 

"RAHH"

 

 

Half of the creatures have been knocked down as they hiss furiously from the ground, they jump up, but they have been delayed, leaving a space between them.

 

 

The Zombie Slayer glints in the air, and as the creature runs towards him, Kaleb lets out a wide slice.

 

 

It glides through the creature's skin with ease as it slices through them in a single strike, he quickly pulls back from the strike and takes a few steps back.

 

 

"RAHHH"

 

 

The next creature is upon him, he takes another strike, this time from a different angle.

 

 

"It wasn't as good; I could maybe take another creature with that kind of strike, but I'd be risking getting hit." He mutters to himself as he walks up to Bones who has finished off his enemies already.

 

 

They all had either natural colored skin or decayed jet-black skin, the boss was gold which means it wasn't in this room. They take a few minutes to walk to the next room, another open, plain office. They repeat this process until they reach the final room after killing 120 creatures. They at times appeared from behind, coming from cleared rooms, so he had to develop a system to barricade an area once it has been cleared.

 

 

It's tempting to leave a single toilet alone, but a creature can appear from there somehow.

 

 

The last room is the only place the boss can logically be, he recovers his stamina and checks the surroundings. He has collected several pieces of metal and other things to throw, Bones has several bone spears ready.

 

 

"Ok, one... two..."

 

 

*BANG*

 

 

Kaleb bursts through the door, he looks around.

 

 

5 creatures and zombies, one of them with a golden color, not too far away.

 

 

"ROAAAR"

17