His Story
34 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two years ago, Habanera

A company is on a sudden rise of power with a monopoly of a new product called spices.
The colored product has an ability to enhance food  tastes and bring about new delicacy to noble’s diner table.
The head of that company… is not Miakami Sato, but a merchant Dane

“That day I was lucky. I met a ruined merchant and after here and there, with his connections and skills and my spices and ideas we rake it big time”
With a bitter smile, he continues
“In just 3 months, we-no I already has enough money to leave the country, have a rich house and surrounded by ladies, but…. I got greedy”

 

As he said, in just 3 months after it was founded, the company has seen tremendous growth and with that, the eye of other big merchant and the merchant guild.
“If the info about the supplier of spices is me alone, it doesn’t take long to figure what would happen to me if they found out, and so I can’t spend my earned money conspicuously.”

“Did you hoard it then?”

“No”

Miakami was never a bright child, but he knows that burying golds he earn is never a good move neither for his personal or the country’s economy. Mostly though, because Dane’s incessant nagging.
[“I don’t care what you do with it, just spent some of it” he says. Fufu, I miss that little bastard]

 

So where did it go?
At that time Miakami has little interest of goods in this Middle Ages world.
[The highest quality of food is so-so, clothes isn’t to my liking, even the prostitutes are plain gross]
So, after securing his own necessity, emergency fund, and his dream fund, he would ‘dump’ the rest.

 

A sudden adventurer request of maintaining the road, sudden renovation of an orphanage, a wild bridge appeared! are some of the examples.

He did it without involving the company, as Dane was against it, but anonymously, and before he knows it, the people attach the moniker [Habanera’s True Lord] to the mysterious donator.
“I was happ-no I was proud. It feels like I became a celebrity. It feels like I can change this town to my liking, to my own design!”
At this statement, Charis and Arden’s sight became several degree colder. After a light cough, he continues.

Of course this changes is heard by the count of Habanera.
The count was criticized by the high society and jealous merchants. He was told that he can’t govern his territory well.
His pride was wounded. But seeing his territory getting richer everyday was also a pleasing sight for him

Nobles from other territories would send their money to Habanera, only with just that, the financial report he receive would bring smile to his face every time.
His town developed and his people are happy.
In front of concrete result, his pride can take a few blows just fine.
Incidentally, Miakami only learnt that the count is his ally when things start to spiral out of control.

 

“I don’t get it, if I was going to believe your story, you won’t be here, in this town of migrants”
“I don’t get it either! It was going so well too!”
“What happened?”
“….It was love”
“huh?” Charis respond the unexpected answer with a dumb face

Feeling refreshed that finally he got her at least once, he continues

“Of course it’s not me. My adventure companion, Count Habanera’s daughter falls in love with me”
“...There’s so much thing I want to retort there but please do continue”

 

Sherly Habanera, under the name of adventurer Ceryl has been Miakami’s companion since his transmigration. They met when she investigate a sudden light from the small ruin, as she was nearby.

A mysterious young man with an ever calm face and conduct no matter what happen.
Even though his sword techniques need works, he was strong enough to take on three wolves unscathed and that is enough to pique the lady’s interest.
Incidentally, she is a stalker.

“I wont go to any detail about her but long story short, she realize I have this ability and threaten me to marry her, so I called her bluff…. It wasn’t a bluff”

 

Perhaps even Ceryl didn’t expect her bluff-threat to work, but the merchant guild and others whom-it-may-concern somehow bit the information, and soon shadowy figure was ever present by his doorstep.

“Gradually thugs changes to kidnappers and assassin, and so before  it evolve into something I can’t handle, I fled desperately, until I was here”.
He said with a pitiful tear on face.

 

At the end of the absurd story, silence fills the room for a bit, then laugh escapes Charis’ lips.

“Fufu hahaha, what’s with that absurd tale? I see, you should have not break a maiden’s heart then” (Charis)
“She is a stalker though!?”
“And so, you should never make the same mistake again and help me!”
“How is that related! And you! Stone face over there stop holding your laugh, if you have something to say, say it to my face!”
“Fufufu, I see now, thank you for your time and story, Miakami-san. Arden”

With her cue, Arden who turn his face while trembling quickly regained his stoic self and proceed to untie Miakami’s hand. Then while Miakami still dumbfounded by the course of event, Charis place a gold coin on his hand.

“This is my consolation gift, take it. I wish you luck, Miakami, may we meet again” and with that parting word she turns to leave the room.

 

“Wait!”
“Yes?”
Even Miakami doesn’t know why he calls her. He was given a gold coin for his story and he was free. There should be nothing dissatisfied about except his aching jaw, but somehow he feels that ......if he missed this chance, he will regret it.

 

“……don’t you want my help?”
“I do, but after hearing your story, Miakami-san, you long for protection, and a peaceful life. I can’t grant that wish, and I believe you already found it here in Everwinter”
“... why don’t you threaten me to help you?”
“I don’t wish such tense relationship, i don’t need a potential betrayal ruin my revenge after all”
“…….”

He can’t find word to refute her and after a long pause, she turns around with a “well, then” but before she leaves the room,

 

“I will help you.”

An unexpected reply! Charis turns again, surprised and sees a resolute face on Miakami.
The contrast from his panicking faces gives off the illusion that they’re not the same person as before.

“I’m glad, But …why?”
“It is as you says, my desire is a peaceful life, but I have a dream too you know?”
“And that is?”

Facing the question, for the first time in a while his eyes burn with light, and his smile sincere.
“When you became queen, let me have a rich house, surrounded by ladies, how about it?”

 

 

Incidentally, he never returned the gold coin.

 

 


By the way, i know it's pretty late saying this but,
Hi! How do you do? Thank you for reading this work.
Honestly this is the first time i let people read my imaginations so everything felt scary to me hahaha.... Yea i'm a coward, shut up!
So anyway, there might be plot holes or ridiculousness here and there, I plan to explain it little by little throughout the journey, but i hope you have fun, killing time with our idiotic Miakami!
Ciao

3