Arc I – Chapter 38: Power Explosion
203 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No! It can't end like this!

Despite the despair and fear, I still wasn't ready to give up.

Gasping for breath, I struggled to get up and return to the battle, but my legs felt like lead, and my head was spinning. Unable to stay on my feet, I ended up falling on my butt with my back against the tree.

The adrenaline still pulsed in my veins, but something was wrong. My vision continued to darken slowly, and my limbs didn't respond clearly.

As I fought to move, the connection between me and my companions allowed me to feel their emotions clearly. Especially Rin's. The moment I was hit, I could feel her emotions entering a frenzied state.

*Ding*

But then, a sharp sound that I had heard many times in the past few months echoed in my ears.

Even with my blurry vision, I could clearly see the notification that appeared before my eyes.

It was something I had never seen happen until now.

---

Due to her heightened fury, your tamed monster, Rin, has acquired the active skill, Wild Fury.

---

At that moment, a deafening scream came from Rin. I could feel her anger boiling as she charged with all her might against the enemies.

Having tamed monsters that would sacrifice themselves for me, that was my idea when I came to this world. But in practice, it's not what I truly want. Witnessing this scene only made my heart ache with growing anguish.

After all we've been through together, they are my companions. And at this moment, their lives are at risk because of me.

I can't stay fallen here!

"AHHHHHH!!"

As I screamed, trying to gather every ounce of strength in my body to stand up, the situation for me wasn't looking good. Even with my dimming vision, I realized that the goblins were closing in on me.

It was obvious that they wouldn't miss the chance to eliminate the most vulnerable.

"Damn it! I have to get up!"

I fought against my own body, desperately trying to move, but nothing seemed to work. And then, it happened again.

*Ding*

---

Due to her intense fury and desire to eliminate her master's enemies without allowing any of them to leave alive, your tamed monster, Rin, has acquired the active skill, Cry of Provocation.

---

Suddenly, the goblins that were coming toward me changed targets and pounced on Rin. Even those who were fighting Kurama and Usagi simply ignored them and ran towards Rin.

Struggling to see anything, all I could make out were a bunch of piled-up silhouettes. But my ears, despite a faint buzzing, captured everything clearly, be it the hysterical screams of the goblins, bones breaking, or flesh being torn.

At that moment, clarity finally started to return to my eyes. Even if it was a blurry image, I could see Rin fighting courageously a few meters away from me. Using one hand to protect her neck, she fiercely attacked the goblins with her club, ignoring the blood flowing from her other wounds.

Probably due to the skill Rin had just learned, the goblins were obsessed with her, as if they wanted to kill her at all costs. Because of that, even though I was lying on the ground as an easy target, they didn't even look at me.

Kurama and Usagi also noticed the situation and didn't miss the opportunity. They mercilessly attacked the goblins, but despite some hateful glances, they didn't become targets.

Despite the shift in the battle, with so many goblins converging on Rin, it was only a matter of time until she would fall.

This is not something I want to see...

Gritting my teeth, I put strength into my legs.

I need to stand up!

With the tree as support, I managed to rise, albeit with unsteady feet.

I examined my blood-stained body and was surprised. My arm, which I thought was broken, despite some soreness, seemed intact with only a slightly reddish bruise.

With no time to ponder why I'm not hurt, I grabbed one of Rin's spare clubs from my inventory and began attacking the goblins surrounding her.

As we fought frantically, the blood dripping from Rin's body only increased. Witnessing such a scene, helplessness and pain grew in my heart.

"Damn it!" I shouted, trying to push away the feeling of powerlessness and frustration. "Hold on, Rin, you have to survive!"

"Die! Die!"

I swung the club wildly, trying to knock down as many goblins as possible. But the situation seemed to worsen with each passing moment.

Even though we had taken down dozens, their numbers didn't seem to diminish. At that moment, a wave of fear and uncertainty washed over me as I fought. And suddenly, the system sounded again.

*Ding*

---

Due to her relentless fury and the desire to protect her master, your tamed monster, Rin, has acquired the passive skill, Burning Heart.

---

After the system message, a thin layer of transparent red light enveloped Rin’s entire body, as if protecting her. Her attacks, which were already devastating, became even stronger and deadlier.

Without hesitation, I pushed my skills to the limit and made my way to my sword, still embedded in the chest of one of the goblins. With the sword in my hands, I began attacking the enemies surrounding Rin.

With adrenaline coursing through my body, I moved like a whirlwind, knocking down every goblin that stood in my way.

As the battle progressed, the red glow surrounding Rin's body grew stronger, and the goblins around her were being mowed down with each swing of her club. Her power was so intense that even after I retrieved the One-Cut Sword, I couldn't match her relentlessness.

With the increasing brightness around her body, not only did her strength seem to have grown, but the attacks that reached her no longer caused as much damage.

The claws of the hunter goblins no longer made deep cuts, and even her open wounds had stopped bleeding. It was as if Rin had transformed into a war goddess, fighting with divine strength.

She continued to massacre our enemies with unwavering ferocity until none of them were left standing. Due to the chaos of the battle, I didn't know the exact count, but I knew that more than a hundred of them had fallen.

***

Standing amidst the pile of corpses, Rin let go of her club and looked at me, her face completely covered in blood. Although she was in a precarious state, she still showed concern for me.

As she slowly moved towards me with unsteady steps, I was completely disoriented and amazed. At that moment, seeing her so determined to reach me, something warm welled up in my chest.

While I remained motionless, Rin came within a few centimeters, but then her body lost all strength and she was about to fall. It was only then that I finally regained my senses and rushed to catch her.

Kneeling down, I held her in my arms before she hit the ground. As she lost consciousness, my gaze couldn't help but wander across her body, filled with cuts and bruises. The blood that had stopped flowing began to gush from her petite frame once again.

Seeing her in this state caused a mixture of sadness and anger within me. Tears involuntarily streamed down my face.

"Hold on!" I shouted. "You're not going to die here!"

Despite my trembling hands, I grabbed a potion from my inventory and poured the entire vial into her mouth. However, she was unconscious, and the potion didn't go down her throat.

Without hesitation, I propped her body against mine and held her head. Blocking her nose, I sealed her lips with mine and blew, making the potion go down completely.

Although I knew the potion would work if I simply poured it over Rin's wounded body, I knew that having her drink it would be more efficient and faster.

Proving that I was right, before my eyes, her torn flesh began reconnecting at a speed that would make one's eyes pop out of their sockets.

In less than five seconds, although still drenched in blood, Rin's wounds had completely healed.

While waiting for her to open her eyes, Rin remained motionless, likely exhausted from the intense battle.

With her out of danger, I turned to Kurama and Usagi.

"Are you two alright?" I asked.

Although both of them had suffered some injuries, they were only superficial and could wait to be treated until we were out of here.

With a calmer mind, I stood up with Rin in my arms, as if she were a princess. She was clearly the reason we had managed to escape from there alive, and I didn't want to wake her.

"Let's get out of here," I said.

Ignoring the bodies of the goblins on the ground, I stored the club Rin had dropped, and then we hastily fled.

 

If you're curious about what happens in the next chapters, you can check out my Patreon.

Of course, if you simply want to support my writing, you are also welcome =D

11