Grimoire Atelier, the Blue Seas and the Mysterious Island
108 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

リモワール・アトリエと青い海と不思議な島

 

My body was still sore after feeling the brunt force of the MIS which is an acronym for MANA Intoxication Syndrome.

 

But, my dilemma has not changed in the slightest. I was still in another world without any memory as to why I am here and knowledge as to how to go back and that was not going to change anytime soon. So, while still lying in the captain’s bed I decided to summarize what I had learned from my inspection yesterday.

 

And these are the strengths that I can exploit and obstacles for my journey ahead:

 

Combat:

Weapons, I can probably utilize the bow and its 20 arrows to hunt and gain combat experience, I can also use the knife to make more arrows (minus the metal arrow heads of course) and repeat the process so that I can my increase combat prowess.

 

If it gets too dangerous, I can also use the cannon on the ship to annihilate clustered enemies. However, I only have 15 cannon balls for usage to wipe out said obstacle. Although I have to save it, since I can’t readily replace it, there is no need to be too stingy especially when my life or this ship’s life is on the line.

 

Stronger weapons should also be needed for me to progress in combat. Creating a forge for that purpose should also be priority.

 

Although it is a bit sad that I can’t use magic, Alchemy should still be attainable. I have read from one of Lunamaia's books that I should be able to create magical swords and other magical items from alchemy, so an Alchemy Atelier should also be a close second priority.

 

Rations/Foods:

As of the moment, increasing my battle prowess should answer this problem, although I am no 5 star hotel chef, but I can at least cook food from the defeated monster that would be edible and nutritious enough to help sustain my hunger and bodily needs. Also If I go to places with fruits or vegetable I can also eat by those means, without having to cook.

 

From the looks of it I can remodel the 3rd room in the bottom deck and make it into a storage room for consumables. Judging from the 'Detachment Room', anything placed there will have a longer shelf life or durability. This is how those weapons stayed usable even though a long time should have passed from when this ship was created.

 

Transportation:

As of the moment I should not worry about transportation, as I have surmised from earlier records, this ship is sail worthy and should allow me to go to any island or continent I wish to go. On land I should be able to use my feet to travel anywhere.

 

Combat wise, the ship also have cannons to aide me when tough opponents get too dangerous.

 

With the passive skill 'MONSTER REPELLENT' it can also repel monsters as long as they are not completely dangerous.

 

Thankfully it would seem that I also have the convenient skill that allows me store the ship from in a safe place, vaguely enough I do not know where this place is, but it should not be easily accessed by anyone, with this no prowlers can try to steal it. Then again I have a feeling that the ship will not allow anybody else to maneuver her so long as the ship continues to recognize me as captain.

 

Gathering Information:

I should have been summoned for a reason, If not I don't think that I would be here in the first place. If so then I should gain information on the circumstances of this world. I should learn about this place as soon as I am able to.

 

...and last but not the slightest least is...

 

Goal:

My main goal should be to go home and this ship should be able to grant me that goal. According to the title of the ship 【Dimensional Ship】 It should have the ability to transfer from world to world. Although I did not see it as passive or active skill, I am guessing that it is sealed and needs a ridiculously high amount of Magic Core to unseal. I should at least be able to attain it if I can level it up to a certain level...

 

In order to attain this main goal, I really need to attain the first four goals.

 

So, this is what I have figured from my inspection yesterday.

 

 

*****

 

 

...And so I have decided to train before going to civilizations and getting information to unseal the ships capabilities.

 

I gave off a warm smile

 

So....

 

‴『 』 Ship ‴?

 

Info: A nameless dimensional ship.

 

《would you like to name to the ship? 》

『YES』 and 『NO』

 

This time I pressed 『YES』…and named her:

 

Grimoire Atelier

 

.『Grimoire Atelier』{

 

>>A ship that can transmigrate to other worlds. However, most of its capabilities are sealed. You will need Monster Cores to Unseal the hidden capabilities of Grimoire Atelier.

 

 

 

"Take care of me 『Grimoire Atelier』"

 

 

.Memory Log {

  • Named 『』 ship to 『Grimoire Atelier』

}

 

 

After christening 『Grimoire Atelier』 I decided to travel via sea route. The Island I am currently docked in right now is also ideal for my training as it has a forest that might have monsters and the like ideal for training, but I decided to leave the place for one reason, and that is to stop anyone from getting to me before I can fully train myself.

 

This might just be a conjecture at my end but, I might really have been summoned by someone for whatever reason but an accident might have happened and I got transported further from the summoning spot. If I get involved with troublesome events when I am not yet ready I might have to prematurely change my original goal.

 

To be free from that and any third party meddling I should leave this place and train to some uncharted island or at least a place where humans do not usually venture. Once trained and finally get in contact with civilization changing my original goal can be done as long as I am strong enough to protect myself or anybody else for that matter.

 

So with that in mind...

 

"Let's Sail! To the unknown sea…"

 

.『Grimoire Atelier』Memory Log {

  • ‘361’,’1879’ selected as Auto-pilot destination.
  • Unknown destination...

}

 

"Hmm." It would seem that the ship’s current activity was updated from the Ship’s Memory Log. Since I pointed to a blackened area that must be why it is an unknown destination.

 

After sailing for a few hours in the sea, I was quite surprised that I was not in the slightest seasick... Although not to the extreme, I have had some episodes getting seasick and dizzy while onboard a ship on the other side and yet here, it almost feels like it had disappeared completely from my body system

 

If I am to trust my amnesiac memories, I was hit with some minor sea sickness in the previous world. Yet I am able to withstand the erratic motion at sea just fine. With that I was able to enjoy the journey by sea without spilling out rainbows every now and then.

 

*****

 

Well the voyage was only enjoyable for the first couple of hours but somehow with nothing but the sea as your only view, it gets rather boring.

 

"haaaa..." while bored out of my wits I remembered something that needed to be checked that I did not get a chance to do since there was no need to.

 

 

"…The Cannon!" and immediately ran to the mid-deck and headed to the cannon room.

 

Sure I checked that I can fire but I am an amateur at firing cannons, what if I miss in a crucial moment because I did not practice...? No one answered my internal monologue... that would mean I was in agreement with my own argument.

 

"…Hmm." I firmly clicked the AR Monitor to open the cannon array. Virtually loaded it and...

 

"Ohhhh!" the AR displays the target view of the cannon. Looks convenient, unlike the normal galleon ships from the other side, the AR will at least help me correct the targeting of the cannons.

 

For the time being, let’s fire one and see...

 

I set a target at least 25 meters away from the ship.

 

*bufffff

 

As I pressed the fire button, there was no delay in its firing and fired simultaneously as soon as I pressed the fire button.

 

Since I was moving, it missed the mark by a few centimeters, but it should be no problem if I am not moving or if I am moving directly opposite to the target.

 

.『Grimoire Atelier』Memory Log {

  • ‘382’, ‘1988’ selected as target for cannon.
  • Missed target by 0.23 Centimeters.

}

 

This should be a great asset when I am dealing with numerous opponents that need blasting away. Now, I am trained and ready to fire cannons. Too bad though, If only I had more cannonballs for another round, but immediately refrained from doing it since there are now just 14 left for usage.

 

The excitement from firing my first cannon balls was instantly blown down after I decided to use the remaining 14 shots for emergencies and so I was left with almost nothing else to do while on my voyage to some unknown location.

 

*****

 

For the next hours of my journey before arriving to the preset destination, I decided to read some of the books Lunamaia wrote about alchemy.

 

Alchemy was my key to this world filled with magic. Due to my MANA Intoxication Syndrome or MIS for short I was unable to cast magic, but as someone who has longed for magic in my previous world I wanted to feel that magical atmosphere and alchemy was my ticket for that.

 

While magic is casted internally, Alchemy can use external MANA to process things which will be relatively safe as long as I make sure that the process is done exactly as it is indicated or… boom the concoction blows and I will get the blunt force from both the explosion and the MANA that was infused in it.

 

 

Well, I can’t experiment on it since I have no material to experiment on, so for now I am indulging myself by reading and understanding its contents of the book for when the time I can get the material, bu then I will definitely try learning the basics of alchemy.

 

On another note, although I won’t be able to cast magic, I still decided to learn about its composition through Lunamaia’s books, so that I will have knowledge about anything that might be a danger to me.

 

From the looks of it I am very vulnerable to any MANA related attacks, meaning, any magic that hits me will damage me physically and the MANA that runs through it will also damage me internally. So it would not be a bad idea to learn about magic and how to render them useless against me.

 

While skimming through the books about alchemy, the one that caught my interest the most are Magical Weapons, a type of transient weapon that grows together with its wielder that can be crafted through Spiritual Blacksmith Arts.

 

This is something I should consider adding to my repertoire once I am able to. Elemental weapons that generate elemental magic are also good however, since it uses MANA internally, it would be bad for me, but an Icebrand and a Firebrand were quite appealing to my inner child and so wished for them.

 

Well these things are still far from my current reality as I should be considering my basic survival first before anything else. But it would be good ways to increase my motivation for future prospects.

 

*****

 

 

"Sigh." a few more hours on the journey I cast another sigh, as I have been sailing in the empty ocean with the nothing but the blue sea and sky as my only view, even reading completely knocked me over and renewed my boredom.

 

While trying to relieve my boredom, as if answering to it the ship hit something with a loud *bam and with it a pain in my body which instinctively prompted me to check ship’s memory log to check as to the extent of the damage and why.

 

 

.『Grimoire Atelier』Memory Log {

  • Accidentally rammed a mysterious Island
  • ...Sorry

}

 

"Ha?" The statement was the only thing that got out from my mouth. Aside from it saying it accidentally rammed a mysterious island, the log seems to indicate that the ship was apologizing for having caused me harm.

 

"Don't worry about it..." I tried to reply to the logs apology.

 

"..."

 

…But no response came from the log. I wonder if it was an error or something. That aside, I really needed to see what makes this island so mysterious that had caused pain to run through me. I then got out from the captain’s cabin and out to the open deck.

 

 

What I saw was an ordinary island or so at least that was how I saw it. There was nothing that would make it mysterious. It would have been mysterious if it was on fire or it floated in mid-air or anything that would be distinctly out of the ordinary, but nothing. It was just an island, much like the island I landed yesterday when I got summoned to this world.

 

But since it was logged as so, I should not dismiss the idea so easily and immediately run back to the captain's cabin and looked at the map and it was indeed mysterious. I mean from the window I could definitely see an island, but according to the map, there was nothing there.

 

I retraced my eyes from my point of origin and saw the land where I originally was, so the map clearly displays land masses, including the beach I was initially summoned, but for some reason the map was not showing this island at all.

 

It looks dangerous, but looks like an ideal place for training. Since no one knows about it or so at least that is how I see it.

 

3