A Good Day starts with a Breakfast- I
618 7 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I gently opened my eyes.

*Tring-Tring-Tring-Tring-.....*

The alarm rang loudly beside my ears.
I reached out to the alarm and turned it off. I was still a lot sleepy, but I still forced my left eyelids to open, just to check the time.

It’s 6 am on the dot.
I got up from my futon and opened the windows. The morning sunlight flooded inside our room. I stretched my arms and back which had gone stiff.

The cool breeze soothed my body whereas the sunlight warmed it. It was a very good atmosphere, and a good day to start your day. I glanced out of the window.
I saw many other people who woke up like myself. Some basked in the sunlight as they sip their tea. Whereas some opened up the chicken coop.

I am not actually a fan of waking early myself. I would like to laze around while laying down on a grass field while I stare at the clouds passing above.
That’s how I like to pass my time.

But I can’t do that anymore.

Well, let me introduce myself, my names Desmond Heller.
I and my little brother-sister struggled a lot after we were abandoned by our own, mother. Just remembering about her makes me sick! Somehow my father's friend helped us out for a little while as I did menial chores and made some earnings. Soon he also stopped supporting us. But I had earned a bit of money by doing a lot of odd jobs. I somehow rented a little room and even enrolled my little younger siblings to a school. 
Its been seven years of struggle since we were abandoned.

Now we had shifted to a new apartment because of my new job.
Well, today’s the day, I would join the army. A step closer to my goal in the road to make money and fame.

I should report on time to my garrison, I can't mess up my first day.

After I was done with my warm up, I head to the corner of the room. There was another futon laid down.
I grabbed the corner of the futon and pulled it up with all my strength.

Two brats rolled down from underneath the bed sheet on to the floor.

“Upsy daisy! It’s morning, wake up.”, I greeted both the sleepy heads.

Out of the two, the first to wake up was the girl.

Well let me introduce you to her, this was my little sister Rosetta. At first glance, you shall think she's just an ordinary girl but she’s not. She was more like a prodigy. Brilliant in academics and sports. She also acts very maturely for her age, acting all grown up. Even her teachers said that she was a genius that surface once in 100 years or so. I am really proud of her,

In the other hand, her twin-older brother as well as my younger brother, the boy who was still asleep next to her. He drooled as he scratched his crotch. He was Armin who was the polar opposite of his twin younger sister. Although he excels in sports yet academic wise he still dumb that he struggles even for a simple addition/subtraction. He was very immature and childish for his age. His teacher always nags and complains how indisciplined and boisterous, he acts in his class.

They are almost two opposites sides of a coin.

For being twins, the only thing they had in common was their blonde hair and natural aptitude for sports.
Whereas, mentally they are just like day and night.

“Oi! Armin wake up!”, I tried to wake Armin as I shook him by the shoulder.

But he slept like a log as he drools flow down the floor.

I let out a sigh,
“Rose, wake Armin. I shall prepare breakfast.”

I left Armin in Rose’s care.

I head to the kitchen. Well, I can’t call it kitchen to be precise. Well because we live in a 1 room kitchen apartment where I have to pay the rent to live.

So this cramped up little space was our little domain and we three rule this place. But to keep my little kingdom in my possession I need to work and pay the landlady the rent.

It would have been great if we could have a home of our own.

Well, let’s stop this idle daydreaming and let’s get back to work.
I tossed the sandwich in the frying pan and simmered some eggs. Whereas in the other stove, I had boiled the kettle for tea.

While I was busy preparing breakfast, Rose had placed dishes on the low table, which was the only furniture in the apartment. Well, it's not like there was much space, to begin with. There was no need for such unnecessary expenses. Just the rent and food services are pretty hard to get by.

Rose went to bath and I tossed Armin along with her in the bathtub. Rose even punched him twice before she gave up on waking him. Although when he started to sink in the bathtub he woke up almost immediately.

As soon as they got out, I quickly dressed them up in their usual school uniform. Whereas Rose didn’t need much help to groom herself.

But Armin just ran to the table to eat breakfast butt naked.

“Hey, Armin! Get your butt here in this instant. Otherwise, no breakfast for you!”, I threatened him.

Armin returned back to me and I dressed him up in his uniform.

Well, Armin was childish and simple-minded. He was more like an animal than a human being. His personality was childish, immature and always thinks about food and to play. But there are some good traits as well. He was very kind-hearted. He easily trusts people and that’s the reason he was often fooled easily.

In the other hand, Rose was more mature and didn’t rely on anyone’s help. She didn’t trust people easily. And that’s why she has few friends.

I am really worried about her, but I can't complain myself. I also don’t have any friends but I don’t wanna brag about it. I guess I have never felt the need for one. The last time so-called friends were nothing but bastards that ridiculed me and tried to suck cash outta me.

Anyway, this was all in the past, from today on I shall be joining the military.

4