The unexpected wielder
626 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night returned once more and even though the moon was about to reach a stage where it leaves for a while, its great light shone through the land providing light for many organisms. For me, it was time to replenish the energy I had lost during the daytime. The moonlight reflected on my scabbard, giving me a heavenly glow in the middle of the dark sacred grounds.

The sweet silence of the night was broken by footsteps that made its way into the grounds. 

"None is supposed to visit during these hours", I said to myself as the figure approaching me became clearer through the light I reflected.

It was a boy. probably 19, he looked shady since he wore all black and had a strange ornament in his right ear that flashed blue lights.

"So this is the sword Lykana talked about.", the boy pressed something on his palm and suddenly, a somewhat magical shield engulfed his palms as he readied himself to pull me out.

"Only those of Eʋe blood can touch the blade.", my voice sounded in his mind right before he moved to touch my hilt.

"What was that?", he looked around trying to find the source of the voice. After a while, he shook his head and grabbed me.

The Discover ability activated and I began to scan through his life. "This boy isn't related to my clan in the least bit and-", I paused, "What's this!? Such grievous misdeeds.", I was about to reject him when suddenly, one of the boy's memory caught my attention. He had someone very close to him and that person had in-depth knowledge about reincarnation and immortality. So much knowledge that my long wish of dying was possible through that person.

After thinking for a while I decided, "What I'm about to do will break the cycle of the legendary sword's wielders but, I never asked to become a sword and right now my only wish is to return to wherever my mistress is."

I withdrew the energy which I used to ground myself and allowed the boy to carefully remove me from my sanctuary.

"Woah, just look at these ancient markings!", the boy's eyes glittered.

"Seksulfur, I have looked into your heart and found you worthy to wield me.", this time I spoke to him out loud. He immediately dropped me and fell hard on his buttocks.

"If I were to be human, I would have said ouch but to make the situation a bit lively I shall say it."

...

...

...

"Ouch."

My new wielder widened his eyes and slowly picked me up, "Did you just... talk to me?" he turned me around looking out for some kind of recording magic.

"It is as you've heard and where you've heard it from, Master Seksulfur the 500th wielder of the legendary moon sword. Is it odd to hear a legendary blade speak?"

"What? N-No! You just surprised me. I mean, you knew my name and all", he laughed and placed his hand on my grip, attempting to draw my inner form out.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. I may have chosen you, but you are not ready to draw the fine blade"

"Oh sorry, I was curious as to whether it's rusted or not.", he chuckled and pressed that strange ornament that covered a major part of his ear. Just then, the voice of a female sounded out of it.

"Wow, such advanced magic!", I thought to myself as they exchanged rather sweet-sounding words.

"Alright, It's time to go!", he brought out a small cube and pressed it, suddenly increasing its size. It looked like some kind of container.

"I'm sorry master Seksulfur but I cannot leave"

"Why?"

"I fear there is a great danger coming into the lives of the people in this village."

"Great danger?", he was quite puzzled but then chuckled saying, "We're in the year 4050, there's no danger apart from malfunctioning viruses."

"No, this is of a far more different matter", Just then, a strange-like vehicle parked at the front of the sacred grounds.

Master Seksulfur turned back to take a look and was completely star-struck, "The new Rhino turbulencer! Sweet", Seksulfur whistled as the doors to this rather strange looking vehicle opened. The first thing that came out of the strange transporter was the weird-looking leg of a human and judging by how slender it looked, it seemed to belong to a female.

Seksulfur's eyes shone as bright as the sun when the woman stepped out although she couldn't be seen clearly.

"The snake's eye neo mecha suit!! Designed to fit the body of whoever wears it and grants-", he paused instantly and his eyes turned from bright and cheery to dark and serious.

"DeV co.", he uttered under his breath.

"The people those movers feared?", I stared at the woman.

There was something clear in her eyes as she also returned a deadly stare, delivering a message that spoke through without words.

"Get in my way, and I'll kill you"

16