Zephain co. Building
295 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

According to Sek, the Zephain company building had been structured far in the edge of Cell City where the radiative power of these crystals which he called, "Neo shards" were strong and it seemed like it was going to take a while to get there since we had to follow road rules this time. All I kept doing was staring at the numbers that represented time on the screen beneath the larger, transparent one. "7:16 am -> 7:17am.", I mentioned the time in my head as they changed.

"What's wrong?", Sek noticed Lykana's worried face as she stared out the window. He had to call out to her again before she responded.

"Huh? Oh, n-nothing", she faltered a bit then mustered some courage to speak. "You know, it would be nice if you could give me the equal attention you give to your gadgets.", she turned her embarrased face after Sek glanced at her.

"W-Well, I can't seem to let go of them.", he chuckled. That only made Lykana's face look even more worried. "But, they can never be compared to you." , he said trying to lift her spirit. She smiled slightly and turned to look back through the window, clenching me in her fist.

"Auto drive.", Sek said after we had driven for a while. There was a beep sound then the steer went back into its case as the car navigated on its own. "We're close."

Lykana summoned the storage cube from her watch, "Zephain company security suit." The strange image of a white suit with the symbol of an odd bird drawn onto its chest appeared. "Don't stay in there for too long. If you can't get the techno fuser, simply return. We'll execute plan B then." Lykana strictly said then commanded Zain, "Exchange." The Zephain uniform was instantly worn on Sek and his black clothes were in the cube."

"Why didn't you change into that before coming?", I curiously asked.

"Zephain workers are only to be seen in the southern area, which we are in now. If he had changed and he was spotted, he'd have been killed by the security bots surveying the city.", Lykana fidgeted with her watch.

"Killed? why?"

She smiled, "Let's just say they want to keep their info within reach.", she left me confused.

"Alright then.", Sek grabbed me from Lykana's hands, "Dzinu, you're coming with me, in case something wrong happens."

"Hopefully, nothing wrong's gonna happen, right? Cuz if you end up dying, I'll kill you further."

"What? Does that even make sense?", they both chuckled.

"Sek, I don't think-"

"You too? Don't worry too much", he interrupted me right before I was about to tell him about my inability to gain energy from the moon. The vehicle reached a huge white building that had an enormous strange bird statue on top of it. On the statue's wings read "Zephain co."

"Okay", without wasting anymore time, he got out of the car and entered the building along with some few other people. 

The building's interiors had been lit by bright lights and there were hallways on each side of the walls which seemed to lead to rooms. Other people were around; some taking a tour of the building, others visiting loved ones and the rest of them being Zephain personnel.

"Oh, you must be one of the new security men.", a bass voice called from beside us. There was a middle-aged man, his image reflected through a strange piece of technology.

"What's that?"

"A bigger version of the holo communicator", Sek answered and walked over to the digitalized man.

"Well, if you're new here...", he pointed to a large door far out at the back of the large reception we were currently standing in. "Go through the left hallway after you enter", he continued.

"Thank you", Sek smiled comfortably and walked briskly to the door. It opened for him right before he got inches closer to it. Behind that door was only silence and the sounds of constant beeping. There were three hallways, one to the left, right and in front of us.

"He said to take the left.", I reminded Sek.

"Heh, investigation is key my friend.", Sek smirked and moved into the hallway infront of him. At the end, there was a door that had zigzag lines in the middle and bars of purple light swam through it from top to bottom. There was an inscription, "Zephain new techno fuser project room"

"This is it.", Sek rejoiced under tone

"You found it?"

"Yeah"

Sek pressed a button on the major gear in his ear. "Release silent virus" suddenly, the purple lights turned red then back to its original colour, allowing the door to open.

"Finally, I've been waiting for my tea."

Sek immediately hid his face and replied to the male scientist who's eyes were glued to the screen before him.

"Oh no, I was sent as security for the prototype.", Sek deepened his voice. There was a brief silence until the scientist rubbed his head.

"Ooh yeah I remember, through the door at the back. I'll unlock it but make it very quick"

"Yes sir.", Sek grinned and walked towards the secured door. The serene but technological sound of the Neo door voiced out, giving Sek the ultimate path to the ultimate prize.

9