Sand! … And a town.
65 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Storage cube.", the floating cube appeared before me as we sped through the desert. "It seemed to be fully operational back there.", I removed the beaded necklace and tried placing it into the cube.

"-ERROR: STORAGE FULL-"

"Still denying...", I wore it around my neck. "Well, at least I got something profitable.", the red crystals gave a shiny gleam in my hand after I picked it from the cube. "Heh, didn't summon the storage cube for nothing."

I looked around, the only thing in sight being nothing but a vast land of sand and dark skies. "The sound cube really helped back there too. Reducing the sound to its complete state must have sounded like an explosion to them.", I smirked and then wrapped my hand around the cross on the necklace. "This helped too... I'd surely be dead by now.", I turned right looking at both Shyza and Dzinu.

"I'll make sure I bring you back and to do that, we'll need more tech back at Hq."

"-Huge lifeform detected-", Dzilaiza raised my caution.

"Pinpoint location."

"-Organism covers an area of 900,00cm2-"

"....What?", I looked up and there heading towards us was an insanely huge sandstorm. "That thing's a lifeform? but we don't have time to stop, ACCELERATE!", Dzilaiza picked up more speed, bursting into the deadly-looking storm.

"-189mph... 195mph... 199mph... 208mph-"

*SCRREEEE*

The sand scratched the car's surface as we forced through. Everything was going a bit smoothly until...

*Tap... tap tap... tap tap tap*

Something seemed to cling onto the car and it wasn't just one, more of them kept coming.

"Dzilaiza! What's going on!?", our speed began to reduce drastically.

"-Millions of lifeforms located: Flying sand leaches-"

"An entire colony, damn it! They'll feed on the neo shard tank."

"-187mph... 179mph... 170mph... 164mph-"

"Tch! We're slowing down! They're too heavy even for their size! Shyza!! Electrify them.", I commanded.

"-Defense circuits disconnected-", They had already eaten the wires beneath the vehicle.

"No choice then!! SHUT DOWN!!!", the energy supply from the neo shard tank stopped, killing away the interest of the leaches but the force from the sand threw the car around like some kind of old plastic toy.

"Shyza!", Dzilaiza crashed into the ground, causing me to hit my head on the steer and ultimately lose conscience.

A few hours of silenced passed.

"Ack...", I woke up to the sound of screeching pain in my head. At least I was able to activate an emergency pod around Shyza. Blood oozed from my head and nose as I re-positioned myself and activated Dzilaiza.

"-Activated-"

"Current status."

"-Current status: Defense system destroyed, tank leakage, internal oxygen polluted, triotron boosters malfunctional, drones destroyed, communication system still irresponsive, switching to back up energy-49%-"

"Damn it... even the triotron boosters?", those boosters were connected to three power supply pipes that linked directly to the cooling part of the tank, the cold energy created a gaseous substance that boosted the speed of the car tenfold and now it was in bad shape. "How will we blast out of this place now?", we were buried in deep sand surrounded by darkness at least on the outside. The lights within the car were still functioning.

I kept silent for a moment, "Dzilaiza activate both accelerators and boosters at the same time. We're getting out of here."

"-Boosters are malfunctional, do you still want to activate?-"

"Activate.", Dzilaiza began the engine operation. A cough-like sound came out from the three pipes behind the car and the car simply jumped up a bit. "Keep activating it.", Dzilaiza kept trying but it seemed useless. "Come on! Come on! COME ON!!"

Just then, Dzilaiza blasted through the sand and into the air, landing hard on the surface.

"-Triotron boosters destroyed-"

I sighed, "At least I can fix a bit of them with my tools. Clear the front window.", Dzilaiza swiped off the dust and sand. "...Huh?", before me was a town and a group of little cute kids staring in awe at the sand vehicle that blasted from the ground. The adults walked closer cautiously. "Perfect, I can get help now.", relieved, I opened the door and placed one foot out before lifting myself up and slowly raising my head.

"WAAAAAAAAH!!! BLUE-EYED DEMON!!!", the kids ran to the adults, raising their caution and suspicion even more.

"Blue-eyed demon?", I looked into the door window and noticed the menacing blue-eyed predator staring right back at himself. Right then, I shut my eyes and opened them again bringing my normal black eyes back. "Tch... it must have been my will to survive."

"Who are you!?", a deep voice called coming from within the crowd. A particular spot gave way, allowing a thick tall man with white skin, hair and beard walk towards me. "We've never seen you around before.", he tried to sound intimidating but I honestly didn't give a hoot about it.

"We got caught in the sandstorm and somehow ended up here. Maybe I could stay for the night.", I replied.

He looked back and took a long look at Dzilaiza before turning his attention back to me, "Leave."

"... What?", my eyes widened a bit. "I have a girl in there who needs help.", I made it clear that I didn't want to stay just to keep myself safe but he completely ignored and turned away.

While walking away he said,"I don't need any tech scum."

"What... did you just say?", I snapped. "You're driving someone in desperate need of help away!!??"

"Leave boy!", his voice grew menacing. "Else we feed you to the aliens."

"I'm not leaving.", I also spoke back with a menacing tone.

The people around clearly displayed shock as if I were talking back to some kind of high and almighty power.

"Fine then", the man stopped and slightly looked back. "You can stay there and rot."

Silence grabbed me as the orange-red lights from the sunset spread over the land like a blanket being laid on a mattress,"... So none of you is willing to help?"

...

"Storage cube.", I placed my hand into the cube and brought out a hand full of the red solrocs I had taken from the stone aliens. "What if I pay?"

Every single person in that crowd had their eyes wide open after they saw the large sum of expensive solrocs in my hand. The man turned back and tried to hide his shock but I could still see through it.

"Master Zole, don't tell me you'll reject!!", a woman called out from the crowd.

"Y-Yeah... I mean, we haven't had any good food in months!!", another voice called out.

"Our water supply system is also damaged!!"

"Master Zole, Master Zole, I want candy!"

"This might be a one time opportunity!!"

"Master Zole"

"Master Zole"

"Master Zole"

"SILENCE!!", the man immediately shut them all up and turned towards the crowd's direction. "Come in then."

"Tch, greedy scumbags.", I thought.

2