Barracks
2.6k 9 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alice completed her check with the system was sincerely thanked it from the bottom of her heart. If not for it, not only would she had already died by the spear, but exhaustion would have also killed her. She was able to survive only because of the miraculous recovery given upon levelling up.

She did not know of this feature until it actually happened. Every time she levelled up; all her stats were filled back to the max stat value given in the ().

This basically meant that even if she was on the brink of death, with only 1 vitality remaining, and she levelled up, all her injuries would recover completely. Naturally, this was only referring to immediate injuries and not those that have existed for some time, or those that are caused by the removal of large parts of the body.

This meant that cases like Mason could not be healed by the instant recovery of levelling up.

Alice was done with the task she had been given, and began walking out of the battlefield.

Since it was the Roland kingdom which had launched the offensive, the battlefield was naturally the land of a noble who was part of the Leon Kingdom, bordering with the Roland Kingdom.

A mixture of feeling ran through Alice’s mind as she returned to the temporary base camp.

‘Father, Brother, I will avenge you.’ She thought to herself.

In the temporary base camp, the mood was rather mixed. Those who survived were thrilled at the fact that they had survived, while those who had lost their close friends of blood-relatives were grieving.

In this tense mood, as more and more soldiers were returning from the battlefield, a strange clanging was heard. It caused silence to spread among the people as the returning soldiers parted ways to allow a single figure to enter the camp.

*Clang**Clang**Rattle*

The figure was that of a bloodied lady, with a rather exquisite figure. She had the right curves in the right places, but also did not have any excessive baggage. Most of her body was covered in a thin layer of chiselled muscles. She was wearing a tight black top soaked in blood, and rather baggy full pants. In the pockets of those pants, was a collection of 53 badges clambering against each other.

“It’s her right?”

“Rattling Death was a she!”

Hushed whispers echoed along with the clanging of her badges, and mournful cries.

Alice walked up to the slightly dazed sergeant and emptied out her collection of Rolandian badges without saying a word. Her stiff expression coupled with the blood and mud covering almost every part of her gave off a strong impression, enough to prevent people from giving lecherous looks at her.

“52!” The sergeant exclaimed when he counted the number of badges. With this number being exposed through the thin walls of the tent, more whispers began spreading.

However, Alice did not flinch in the slightest and just waited for her reward.

The sergeant quickly collected all the badges and asked.

“Which squad are you from?”

“24th squad of the 13th battalion, sir.”

“24th? You are the only survivor them?” The sergeant recalled for a moment before asking.

“Yes. Everyone else died.”

“Alright. I will speak with the lieutenant. He had authority over squads 20 to 30.”

“Thank you.” Alice gave a military salute and left the tent to return to her barracks.

Time passes, and nearly an hour later, 2 soldiers came into her squad’s tent. Looking at their shoulders, Alice realised that they were squad captains.

In the Leon kingdom, military command was rather strict.

At the bottom most rank were the soldiers like herself. These soldiers were grouped into squads of anywhere between 5 and 20 soldiers, with a squad captain as their leader.

Next came the lieutenants who were in charge of anywhere between 10 and 30 squads. Above them are the battalion commanders and vice commanders to whom the lieutenants reported directly to.

Above battalion commanders were the ranks reserved only by nobility. This did not mean that one had to be a noble by birth to become the generals and admirals above battalion commanders, but it meant that once you achieve enough merit to reach that rank, you will be given at least the lowest level of nobility.

There were also special ranks within the army, like sergeants, who are part of logistics or special units like mages and aura wielders.

Alice already knew all of this information since it was drilled into her along with all the other new recruits when they joined.

“Soldier Alice Bard! The lieutenant is calling for you.”

Alice quickly finished changing her clothes and went along with them. In the Leon kingdom, equality between genders was greatly emphasised. This was mainly because Over the last 200 years, the ones who inherited the throne were queens, who then married other influential families and announced them the king. However, most of the power remained in the queen’s hands.

Therefore, seeing a half-naked woman, although somewhat enticing to any male, especially one as good looking as Alice, was not a strange scene, just the same as you would see half-naked men in the barracks.

Naturally, as certified ‘gentlemen’, the two squad commanders did not peek and waited outside the ten after delivering their message.

101