Squad Captain
2.3k 5 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Come in.” said a voice from inside.

Alice walked in, leaving the two rather chatty squad captains; Jon and William, outside.

“Sir.”

Alice gave a stiff military salute before standing at attention. In front of her was a middle-aged man with black hair, completely unlike her own golden hair which had been dyed reddish due to the blood which had stained it. Due to the lack of soap and shampoo, her hair would likely stay this colour for the foreseeable future.

The middle-aged man’s dark grey eyes stared into Alice’s blue eyes for a while before he said.

“You should already know, but the only way to increase in ranks is to gain merits.”

“Yes sir”

“Today, you have not only killed 52 enemy soldiers with the proof for it, you also saved many people, who have already reported your actions of saving their lives at the right time.”

“This is enough merit for you to increase your rank. Furthermore, since many people have died in this battle, you do not need to create your own team. You can choose one of the following squads to lead; 21, 24, or 25.”

Alice thought for a while before saying, “21st”. She had already seen both the 24th, he own squad, and the 25th, the squad that went to battle along with her own squad, get crushed under an enemy cavalry encirclement.

Therefore, 21st was the only available option.

“Then congratulations Squad Captain Bard on your promotion.”

After shaking the lieutenant’s hand and accepting her new badge along with her new uniform, she exited the tent, only to meet with the expectant gazes of Jon and William once more.

“So? Which squad captain are you?”

“21st.”

“Hmm. Not bad. I think they still have 12 people in it. A good choice.” Said William as he extended his hand for a handshake.

“We will be working together for the near future.” Said Jon as he tried to pile onto the handshake, but missed and lost his balance after Alice and William separated their hands just before he could reach.

A dirt covered Jon stood up and walked away as though nothing happened, and William began laughing loudly like crazy.

Even the stoic Alice let out a soft chuckle before covering it up with a question.

“So which squads are you the captains of?”

“Squad captain of the 23rd squad reporting for duty!” said William loudly, which grabbed the attention of the wandering Jon who quickly ran back and spoke up as though he was being left out of the conversation.

“I’m the captain of the 27th squad!”

“Well then, shall we go and have breakfast together before we take you to your squad?”

“Sure.” Replied Alice who had returned to her emotionless face. However, the one of the ends of her lips were slightly curled up, betraying her façade. Naturally, William noticed it but did not say anything, while the air-headed Jon was just rambling on about his exploits in the battle just now, praising the almighty god of war for his might in battle.

On the other side of the world, Mason had finally arrived outside the town gates, and the nearby patrol had spotted him.

95