I am Wind Bender, not Air Bender!!
1.7k 4 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After all the divinity had been pulled out of the blood, flesh, and bones, SPU spoke.

“Phew! Done. All of this is no longer corrupted. You can dispose of this as you see fit. But I will have to burden you all with the task of hunting down, I mean searching and escorting the families and friends of these people to me. I must check if they too have been infected. If they have been, they will be taken care of by me, and if they are not, then you people are free to do whatever you want.”

Next, SPU gave a short bow to all the nobles with an heir of dignity that none of them had seen from the casual man, and walked over to the tired king and stood behind him.

==========

Your majesty. I believe it should be alright to allow your children to enter now. Although they should not see the bloodshed, seeing blood and flesh should not be a problem.

==========

 

The king thought for some time, and thought in his mind, “No. Let them be. A few more years at least. Not until they are adults.”

 

==========

I believe you are too kind to your children. It will lead them to becoming too kind-hearted, and in the end will be betrayed by others.

==========

 

“Sigh, this was a promise I made to their mother. On her deathbed, she made me swear to allow them to live their childhood normally.”

 

==========

Sigh. Alright then. But you will have to give them the lord’s blessing as soon as possible in case something happens to them. With the lord’s blessing, they can survive even on their own if tossed into a forest dull of beasts. Anyway, I believe it is time to address the nobles?

==========

 

“Yes.” Ken nodded and looked up from his pondering state. Over the past two days, the king had gotten closer to SPU, and was already considering to actually use SPU as an aid and advisor rather than just giving him the position for namesake.

Although it seemed like SPU was standing behind the king, in reality they were having a conversation. Instead of calling it a conversation, it was more of SPU reading Ken’s mind since he had the system, and SPU replying on the system. SPU was basically Jack, and Jack was SPU, so when Jack left SPU in auto-pilot as well, it could control the system.

“Now that that is all taken care off. I hereby declare that all of the family members and friends of the deceased must be checked by advisor-”

“Ahem. Your majesty?” coughed SPU.

“Right. Must be checked by pope Espeeu. Furthermore, I will hereby declare that we will be rebuilding Cayden. I no longer wish to waste my life as a useless king. From this moment forward, we will move to rewrite the fate written for us!”

While Cayden was beginning its revolution, Mason was conduction a revolution of his own.

More precisely, he was not doing anything except beating people, but he began to develop some followers as he won battle after battle.

The story of a young hero being wounded in battle against an overbearing opponent, going off to train in the mountains, and now returning to take revenge, and the story of the young lad who was horrifically trampled on by others after losing his leg, did not give up, and after facing all odds was able to learn magic and stood up on his own foot were spreading like wildfire.

“Air Bender!”

“Air Bender!”

“Air Bender!”

As he defeated more enemies in the preliminaries, his fights, more and more people began to follow him. Cheers began to reverberate in the auditorium for him, gathering more and more people.

Everyone wanted to see a dark horse. An underdog who came from similar backgrounds as them. No one wanted to see spoiled brats from rich houses or the disciples of famous magicians battling it out.

Furthermore, since he used only a single mana point to create multiple low power bullets and attacked the enemy’s week points without causing to serious of an injury or death, he was also regaining all his mana used in the nearly 30 mins long breaks between matched.

All he did was stand using the crutch he had made from tree wood back in the old town of Darb near the border, and eliminate the opponent before they could do anything.

It all started when the commentator turned his attention from the likely winners to a new dark horse that seemed appear.

“Another one bites the dust to Air Bender, Mason!”

“Hey, I am Wind Bender-”

“Air Bender!”

“Air Bender!”

And so, the heroic tale of the dark horse Air Bender, Mason began.

82