Approval rating
1.1k 8 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been quite a few hours since Alice's squad had arrived, and they went to sleep in the night without a bonfire, since the enemies would have spotted them if they did. This left the temperature rather frigid for most of the people here, where you could already see one's own breath.

Early in the morning, the group returned to the work they had left off in the night. It was gathering the leaves of a certain type of tree. This particular plant grew all around the Western Continent, and its main use was in creating smoke signals.

There plants would be easily lit on fire, and would create large amounts of non-toxic black smoke that would be seen for miles away.

Naturally, they would not be used for signals. Alice had noticed that the wind was not strong, but was definitely moving. She would be suing this wind to deliver a blinding layer of smoke into the enemy camp so that she could infiltrate and rescue the prisoners within the confusion.

"Ma'am~ If I may?"

"Go ahead."

"Why don't we use the Locosara Visser? It can make the smoke poisonous as well, and although it might not do too much at first, and nothing at all to the stronger individuals, it would definitely render most of the men in the enemy battalion unable to fight."

"But that would also make our people unable to fight. But that is right! We do not need them to fight, just run. And once we bring them out of the enemy camp, would could administer the antidotes!"

Everyone on the team had been given a brief course on poisons and antidotes by the Leon kingdom.

"Alright. 2 of you will begin the search for the antidote ingredients and will begin the process of creating the antidote for a whole battalion. 4 of you will go in search for the Locosara Visser, and begin making an odourless poison from this to prevent the enemy from becoming on guard. We need to make it seem like one of their careless soldiers accidentally caught the forest on fire, resulting in the smoke. The rest of you search for the leaves to create the smoke itself. We need a lot, and I need this to be complete by the end of the day! We will take action at night time."

"But we will also not be able to see" one of her squad members questioned.

"Do not worry about that. Although I will not be able to see the enemies, I will be able to guide up to the building where your battalion is held. Also, make sure to inject the antidote before we go in to prevent becoming useless deadweight. It takes about 4 minutes for the poison to take effect. After 2 minutes of the smoke being released, we will go in. Is that clear?"

"Yes ma'am."

While Alice was busy collecting leaves for her smokescreen, Ken had been building his nation steadily.

While SPU was helping him delegate people and bringing in more of the capital's population into the church of systems, as well as having night time lessons with the two princes in the presence of the king, Ken himself was also busy.

Jack had given him the 'Overlord system', which actually felt like a lot more power and authority to Ken than being the king of the nation itself had been for years!

In just a few days' time, the investments Jack had put into the common folk of the capital began to pay off as they began to earn him exp at a rather stable rate. This allowed SPU to now go on his 'night-time expeditions' any longer, and allow the legend of the Masked Protector to spread throughout both the citizens of the capital and its rotten underbelly.

Ken looked through his status and quests.

=============

Overlord's System

Name: Ken August

Age: 31

Ruling State: Cayden

Level: 2 (23/100)

Class: None

Titles: King of Cayden

Current state: Tired

----------------

Strength: 3(3)

Vitality: 2(2)

Stamina: 3(3)

Toughness: 2(2)

Dexterity: 2(2)

Sense: 2(2)

Mana: 1(1)

Aura: 1(1)

Stat Points: 2

----------------

Skills

Basic Management Lv 1(70/100)

Basic Charisma Lv 1(10/100)

==============

==============

Overlord Quest- Capital

Just develop your capital. Make it acceptable as a proper city at the very least.

Tasks:

1] Bring in half the people of the capital into the church of Systems (55/130,000)

2] Increase basic literacy to 50% (0.001/100) [Hint: Education can be provided to system players, at the cost of exp.]

3] Create a stable water supply in the capital (Aqueduct system)

4] Create a sewer system in the capital

5] Secure food for citizens

6] Increase the citizen approval of yourself in the capital to 10% (-50/10)

=============

'Sigh, after so many days, my approval rating is still at negative 50…' Ken thought to himself.

60