Chapter 54: Havoc
2.2k 7 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54: Havoc

...

"Huff... Puff... Finally...!"

After running through the whole city while making sure to not receive any damage, I entered through the window of my room at the inn, and collapsed directly on my bed, tired and exhausted after successfully stealing the boots with some minor problems on the way.

"Why does this world have to ruin every plan I do...? Sigh... Whatever, let's take these things off before someone enters this room..."

I sat on a nearby chair, and started changing my silver armor for my casual clothes on the vanity slots. I also took off the boots and stored them in my inventory for the time being, I know that I could actually turn them invisible by pressing the [Visibility off] button, but I prefer to store them in my inventory where I can make sure that no bullshit like that an elf suddenly sees me and says: "Oh, I can feel the mystic energy from the Hermes Boots coming from that human!!" just because I was wearing the boots in front of the elves, even though the boots were not visible.

I can already expect anything from this world! Even if Cthulhu suddenly appeared in the skies and called my name I couldn't get surprised!

'No, not really Mr Cthulhu, if you're reading my thoughts then I must tell you that what I said about not getting surprised was just an expression, please don't come after me...'

Ahem, anyways, after taking off all the things that may lead someone to think I was the thief, I deactivated my invisibility effect along with all the other buffs I got from my potions.

Hiss... Fuck it hurts really badly... I guess having all your veins and muscles burned sightly certainly isn't a beautiful experience... I guess I will take it into account the next time...

*Yawn* "Ugh... I guess I can take a nap for now..."

I drank a healing potion so that I could heal most of my injures for now, and then drank a regeneration potion so that I could be fully recovered once I woke up from my little nap.

After that I threw myself on to the bed and closed my eyes sightly while making myself comfortable.

"I guess there's a lot about magic I still don't know about, huh? Maybe I should experiment a bit more in it since its potential seems limitless... Who knows, maybe I can even create an interdimensional portal to go back to my previous world..."

I glanced at my hand with a saddened gaze in my eyes, a hand that was completely different from the one I had a few years ago or from before reincarnating. No scars nor any imperfection in it, aside from a few callouses due to practicing swordsmanship, but somehow it still seemed to exude a feeling of fierceness. Perhaps due to all these years surviving somehow through all the dangers I have faced until now... Be it by my own means or by the help of others.

Yet, even after these many years, I haven't completely forgotten my old world as I still long deeply for it. A world where I didn't have to stay alert from any possible danger at almost every moment... at least in the life of a normal person though... Who knows, maybe if I was a secret agent then my life couldn't be so much different from now...

They could even call me John Earon!

...

No, wait... what was my name again...?

Name: Aspen (Aeron) 

[Human...]

Age: 20 (39)

That's right... I was Aeron originally, not Aspen...

"Ugh..." I groaned and grabbed tightly my head after feeling dizzy for a few seconds.

20 years in this world and I'm already forgetting my own name... hahaha...

"Sigh... whatever, let's just go to sleep for now..."

°

°

°

A few hours later...

*Knock!*

*Knock!*

*Knock!*

Ugh... what time is it?

"Aspen? Are you there?" The voice of Alyem came from outside my room, and judging from his tone of voice, he was probably in a hurry...

"Yeah, wait a bit..."

Did my Hp recover while I was asleep?

Name: Aspen (Aeron) 

[Human...]

Age: 20 (39)

-Status

[Regeneration: Provides increased life regeneration] (2 hours left...)

[Hp: 320/320] [Mana: 74/80]

So I slept for 6 hours, huh? Could Alyem be here to make sure I wasn't the one that stole the boots?

Welp, I don't have any injure in my body so I don't think there's any reason to incriminate me... I think...

*Click*

"Sup"

"Thank god you were here Aspen..."

"Yeah, I decided to take a nap since I was feeling a bit tired after going to the library, what's up, why are you suddenly looking for me?

"You see, right a few hours ago the Hermes boots were stolen from a mysterious man, and honestly, I thought it may have been you since the guy that stole the boots used a lot of potions, and since you're amazingly talented in chemistry and combat... I know it sounds completely dumb, but I just want to make sure... It couldn't bother you if I inspect your room, right?"

"Not at all... go on" I opened my door and gestured him to enter.

"Then, excuse me"

I don't think I was dumb enough to leave anything that may prove I was the thief right on the floor, right?... Hmm... just to make sure, let's try to act naturally while I look for anything suspicious lying anywhere in this room...

Of course, my room isn't completely empty as I have some furniture scattered around the room, along with my backpack that also has a few things inside so that it doesn't seem suspicious to have an empty backpack, the bag full of moonglow herbs I bought on the Auction the other day, and my sword that is leaning on the wall next to my bed.

Not too full of things for someone that will leave in a few days more, neither too empty for it to look suspicious.

"You don't really have that many things with you, huh?"

"Well, I was planning on leaving in a few days more..."

"Let's hope they let you leave, as we are all kinda alert now that the boots have been stolen... Even the royal family has been informed about the situation"

Damn, this escalated pretty quickly...

Let's hope they give up on these boots fast or else I might get trapped inside this country for a few months...

Not that I mind though, more magic for me to study. However, the more time I spend here, the higher the chances are for them to discover that I am the culprit...

So I think it will be better if I just go back to my home.

"Hey Aspen, what is this...?"

?!


Cliffhanger attacks once again!

I was feeling a little bit down yesterday, so I couldn't pull myself to upload a chapter, sorry.

However, after reading a few positive comments today, I managed to upload the chapter.

Thank you very much for your support guys!

I hope you liked the chapter, Hasta la proxima.

90