Chapter 22 – Ayisha and Ayizalea
38 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22 – Ayisha and Ayizalea

 

***Long chapter ahead***

Before Cloud Rider met Clown and Bobar, the people in the county were reeling in shock. Their eyes popped as they peered at the titanic entity perched in the sky. It was late at night, but it coated the sky with a tantalizing red color. In the center, a body, in the flower form, was floating.

“Gasp.”

The night became red. Stars looked like glaring eyes in the cover of darkness. A strong aroma pervaded, filling everyone with irresistible scent. Few weaker minds salivated and their back slouched.

Their eyes immediately mesmerized by the seductive contours of its petals, like a lady’s maturity, a fruit one couldn’t help but wanting to bite. The petals preened, opening itself with grace and demur. After the flower completed its bloom, most people had glazed expression, obvious to those weaker in strength.

“Huff. Wheeze.”

Red and a hint of purple parted on top of the flower. Everyone took a deep breath, waiting for what was to come. A shadow appeared, yet accompanied by more shadows next.

Those were tendrils. But it resembled a tentacle for how large they were; as large as a house. And one swing from a single tendril, a mansion blown away!

Instead of running, most people stood forward, deluded and wanted to be as close with the entity. In their minds, men saw the most beautiful woman and women saw the most handsome man. A golden paradise exuded peace and extravagance was on their backs and clarified who were these otherworldly people. A synonym to the fabled gods. Promising the life of everlasting peace and life of nobility.

A draconic roar sounded, but it only helped a fraction of these people. Like a staircase, the tendrils rolled down and everyone took a step. Some of them hugged the tendrils, showing their affection.

“For a long time, a feast finally.”

“Come. Life is just a grind. If you don’t make used of it, then what is the worth of your life?” A gender-neutral voice sounded. It was too calm for comfort, resembling a lullaby for those who seek satisfying sleep. It caressed the deepest desire of everyone, a better future, none of hardship and pain.

“Transcendent Lumina? Wow. I’m your fan…”

Like a lifeless being, Ben ambled towards the tentacles. As for Sarah, dazed and seriousness kept interchanging on her face. She struggled to keep her mind. Confusion clouded Jed’s mind, yet he wasn’t as influenced like them. He tried to move on the others, but a figure bested him, shadowed by another.

It was Grimo and Ayill.

“Damn brat!”

Grimo wanted to execute or hostage Sarah, but he was nearer to Ben while Ayill was nearer to Sarah. “Right now, the plan left was to escape. And attacking Sarah is the only plausible reason. This can delay Von and I will catch Ryan’s ankle. It will help the entity.”

Tough luck, Grimo cursed. So he attacked Ben instead. There was nary hesitation on his actions. Cough. A trail of blood flew out. The blade on the sole of his shoe clanked hard on the hard ground. But it shocked Grimo that Ben was still alive with neck clutched and coughing hard.

“Shit!” Grimo panicked and ran. Razor sharp sound perceived behind him, he looked back and broke in a cold sweat. A large whirlwind swirled with terrifying rotations towards him. Grimo roared, wanting to sacrifice his feet. Also, a large shadow shooting towards his front.

A deafening droning noise sounded. Every object on sight became dust as the whirlwind ground the scene for a few moments. As if a large tornado just appeared.

Peng. Grimo flew in the air. His leg felt numbed. Fortunately, aside from a limp, it wasn’t badly injured. In front of him is the giant blade of his shadow, tattered and now useless. Soon, his shadow caught up with him, lifted his body and ran rapidly.

“YOU CAN’T ESCAPE!” A guttural growl sounded on his back. Von’s bloodshot eyes looked at the painful expression of Ben. However, he was gasping for breath and beyond his limits.

The Mystery of Wind, the last power he just unleashed, consumed his last World’s Energy. Its power was noteworthy, capable of punching a hole through a mountain. Von timed it when Grimo was quite far away from Ben.

However, Grimo managed to kick the giant blade, propelling him backwards and evaded most of the damage. Von still wanted to go after him, but to no avail as his legs dragged him to the ground.

Instead, it was Ayill who chased behind Grimo. The kid was quicker. Soon he caught up to the shadow. His elongated arm blurred and slapped the shadow’s back. But it did little to the armor.

But Ayill didn’t let up and continued to slap the shadow. Thuds sounded every time a hit. It wasn’t Ayill didn’t want to hit Grimo, but the latter actually shrimped and hugged himself smaller within the shadow’s embrace.

“Grimo!”

“Save it. You wouldn’t be able to, no matter how you tried!”

Seeing this, Ayill’s legs transformed once again. Like a spring, he crossed over the running duo. Mid-air, his elongated arm snaked through the gaps of the shadow’s limbs.

Pshk. It pierced through, yet instead of feeling joy, Ayill got uncomfortable. Grimo was looking straight at his eyes while the shadow was holding his outstretched arm.

The kid tried to struggle, but the shadow’s arm was like a vice grip. Then the uncomfortability heightened.

It was the moment that Ayill’s eyes ogled as Grimo opened his mouth.

Pshk. A groan followed by a fountain of blood.

Grimo’s powers comprised making shadows and storage ability. Even though making shadows was his prime power, it was the storage ability that was more important. He could store anything fitted in the temporary space inside his body. It was huge enough for one thousand people when entangled and packed close together.

Additionally, any inanimate object could be thrown with great momentum. Hence, the current scenario.

Ayill staggered. A pipe punctured through his chest. A muddy red liquid was flowing through the pipe and dripped to the ground. Nonetheless, his face was still savage as he lunged again.

Grimo also looked ugly as he jumped from the shadow’s arms. In return, the shadow hugged the still airborne figure. The shadow and Ayill collapsed on the ground and fought in a mud fight.

But unlike Ayill, the shadow’s armor negated most of the damage. Moreover, it didn’t feel pain. So, after a flurry of blows, it left Ayill hanging in disorientation.

Jed struggled but eventually stood up. Sarah’s eyes dimmed, but she gnashed her teeth.

Seeing the chase, Ben hesitated. His hair stood. He scanned his surroundings and the wound on his neck. He shuddered as he saw the rabbles, corpses and the entity above him.

The boy stared at his friends’ back. He bit his lips. “I-I… stand up Ben!” Ben crawled and hurried to chase.

Yet, it was Von who acted rather quickly. He recovered a pitiful amount of World’s Energy, enough to activate Flying Sword Spell Art!

It’s whooshing sound sounded like the grim reaper’s death scythe to Grimo’s ears.

“Damn you!” A heart wailing voice cracked as Grimo could only use his leg. Although he deflected it, the sword still hacked a few fingers on his feet. He roared as desperation covered his entire being.

Ayill saw this and wanted to stand up. But the shadow actually picked up a crooked steel bar on the side.

Puchi. It stabbed the bar to Ayill.

But the latter didn’t mind the discomfort and pulled the steel from his stomach. His spiral leg kicked on the ground and bounced towards the shadow’s chin, flinging its head backward. In the last moment, though, it grabbed Ayill’s ankle and pummeled him to the ground.

Sarah finally caught up and swept the shadow’s feet, making it unsteady on its legs. To add salt in the injury, the still agonized Ben rammed the shadow. Both of them stumbled on the debris.

Given a respite, Ayill rushed briskly onwards. Beside him, another shadow running parallel with him.

“I’m in.” Jed whispered, making the latter nodded.

Simultaneously, the fight of the Venerables against the titanic entity erupted with fervor. Black fireballs, giant hands, towering palm trees and tentacles slammed into each other. It was one of a sight.

“Sarah’s in danger.” Ryan worried. He jumped past Ytthra, but the latter also sped up towards them.

From the ground, countless vines have appeared and caught everyone before the entity could devour them.

“What are you doing?” The entity questioned, but a hint of anger was visible on its words. Its tentacles waggled, though it resembled more of tornado-like whips, causing horrifying sounds and unimaginable destruction.

“Coming!” Cain jumped. His body twirled midair, becoming razor sharp. It created an agonizing howl of wind, like splitting of air, capable of lacerating anyone just from wind alone.

Yet, it slapped him to the distance even before he could cut one tentacle. He skidded, struggling with his numbed paws.

The dragon in the sky roared and lunged on the entity’s body. However, just from nearing the latter, its scale became dim, and some even fell off.

Crunch. The dragon bit, destroying a part of its tentacles. However, the entity was unflinching. It’s cool, gender-neutral voice sounded.

“Where this lizard came from? Not even a true bit dragon. Just a formation.”

It lifted one of its other tentacles and swiped towards the figure clinging on its body. Bang. The Pendragon members felt their blood churned and the formation almost broke off. Moreover, before they could even land, two more speedy tentacles slapped!

Two thumping sounds and the debris buried the dragon.

Jade Hands waved her hand. Ten gigantic hands blotted the sky. Their might was dreadful and the onlookers had a misconception that gravity was reversed. But her face became flushed. It seemed hard to produce this amount of power.

The entity hummed. It didn’t seem to take the attack seriously. “Concept of World? Pretty fragile. I’ve fought a Transcendent with better understanding.” Ten tentacles curled up and met the bombarding hands.

Continuing explosion ensued and woke up the citizens from their reveries. They broke in a cold sweat and put an ugly face. And knowing that they would only hold back the Venerables, they hurried to run.

“Go.”

“Help the wounded.”

“Save my son, please.”

A large crashing sound pealed and a gigantic figure jumped out from the debris. It roared and clawed at entity. But one tentacle put it into its place!

Bang. Once again buried in the ground.

Green Palm Tree intervened within a split second. A fist with abundant life force hurled towards the entity. This time, the entity was serious. “Concept of Life. Same, same. Let’s see who has greater understanding of it.” One of its tentacles curled up and punched the incoming fist!

Gradually, people experienced slowing down of time. No, they felt slowing down from the heaviness of life. A few weaker and older people became a lump of meat due to pressure alone. It devoured their blood and flesh at the exact moment.

“Life is a grind. There is only suffering for all of you, mortals.” The curled-up tentacles exuded frustration of everyone’s life. The harshness of farming, the noisy market, the little money, the pitiful resources and sadness of those left behind.

All of these transformed into an energy that empowered its attack!

Everyone fell into a state of despair. Some of them didn’t want to struggle anymore and just sat there; awaiting the eventual outcome.

They felt the eternal hardship wasn’t comparable to momentary glory. Life was just a grind, anyway. Fighting against it was all but hopeless.

Life was only beautiful because of family and friends, which would fade in time.

Their passion and drive were just tantrums to the world; their hopes and dreams were just fragments of illusion.

Opposite to it was the fist that gave life to others, energizing them, giving them hope for a better tomorrow, that life was fair for those who worked hard. This calmed the people down and prioritized their escape.

There was no explosion when the two attacks collided, it only left space screaming in pain!

Everyone looked back. They sighed in relief when the dreadful strike was blocked. Even those stronger felt they could only take a couple of the strike before becoming goners.

The entity’s seriousness heightened. He didn’t expect a person of this strength showing up. “You have completed your own path. Too bad, you lack on other factors.”

It was true, Green Palm Tree was heaving hard. His hands shivering and his body slouched from exhaustion, but he couldn’t attack without using his concept. Ordinary attacks were no match for the entity. He shook his head and stared at it.

On the other corner, a few tentacles entangled with Ytthra and Ryan. It could clearly separate its attention and attacked the duo.

“This is bullshit, Evil Life!” Ytthra roared, angry by what his supposed teammate doing.

“What? I said this is a feast. It is your mistake for appearing here. Was it an incarnation? No, it is a clone! HAHAHA, to think you would have a day like this. If it’s on the outside, I won’t be able to deal with you. But here, your clone is just another delicacy.” The titanic entity shook in delight, laughing with Ytthra’s idiocy.

The clone narrowed its eyes. Pestilence covered his back and formed a pair of wings. With one flap, he overtook Ryan and was nearing Grimo by a few meters. He stretched his hand towards the latter.

“If I still have my shadows, all of you squirts are dead now!” Grimo saw the outstretched arm and stared with an unresigned expression at Sarah, who embroiled with the shadow and the briskly running Ayill. Especially to the boy. He gnashed his teeth with hate, but he still knew his priority. Grimo jumped forward.

However, something unexpected happened.

With eyes gleamed, Jed hid behind Ayill’s shadow and teleported at the outstretched arm. Only Ryan managed to see something. Ayill, on the other hand, also jumped into the pit of fire.

For the onlookers, they seemed jumping to their deaths.

Ytthra’s face darkened. “Puny mortal.” He swatted the kid in front of him. Jed felt his whole organs swapped with each other and vomited a lot of blood. But at the same moment, he managed to throw a dagger towards the wide eye Grimo!

Grimo didn’t expect the incoming danger and screamed.

Ytthra apparently heard this, but a tentacle successfully sneaked without his notice.

Also, Ryan caught up. Golden ash glow appeared on hand and clawed towards Ytthra.

The entity overjoyed and it thought it caught two big fishes and smaller fishes with one net.

Seeing the danger, Ytthra growled. His right leg snaked towards Grimo and kicked the latter farther away. This was the only thing he could do for him.

As for the claws, he caught it, and his other leg blurred and swept Ryan towards the tentacle.

At the same time, he used his scythe and cut the tentacle into two portions!

All of these happened in an instant, dumbfounding everyone looking!

Ytthra used the cover of the separated portion of the tentacle to run away. It was better to live for another day, even though he was only a clone. After all, it was hard to get here in the Mortal Lands.

Ryan was caught and pinned down by the other portion. His body experienced how heavy the tentacle was, crackling sounds appeared as his bones struggled from the weight.

“Damn.” He groaned. Although he had heard of these beings from his father, he still underestimated how strong they were. From the looks of it, unless his father finished his seclusion, they couldn’t beat this thing. From what he remembered, the possibility of killing these beings were close to none. Only by forcing its main body to descend to the ground would defeat it.

Life’s none existing eyes stared at the retreating figure. He also felt his severed tentacle being lifted by a large force. Life clicked his none existing tongue, lifted the tentacle slightly before bringing it down once again.

Bam. Ryan felt his head became disoriented. Though he recovered instantly, the damn thing once again cast above him! Bam!

While Ryan was being hammered, Ayill finally caught up with the limping Grimo.

“Die.” He lunged and clawed the latter chest. Grimo gnashed his teeth and from his sleeves, a sharp pipe appeared and punctured Ayill’s head. This stunned Ayill, though, he wasn’t dead. It took five seconds for him to recover. He hurried to look for Grimo, only to see him gasping for breath.

“You wanted to see despair? Come, I’ll show it to you!” Grimo shouted, spitting saliva filled with blood. A shadow appeared and flew straight to the ground.

It was a woman with tattered clothes. Her messy hair flailed on the ground and there are many bruises on her body.

Of course, Ayill wouldn’t stop just because of that. He, once again, leaped towards Grimo like a rabid animal. Despite all of his injuries, he was still terrifying. His claws ripped through Grimo’s chest and lifted him up.

“You bastard!” Ayill roared. His face morphed into a devil. “For destroying my life, I will kill you.” He readied his claws to end this once and for all!

Finally, revenge! Ayill thought about all of his sufferings. This clouded his mind as he convulsed and felt again the nightmares he got.

It was as if everything flashed back, but backwards. He remembered his missions. Then the tortures. Next, he was before he became curious and tried to peek on the caravan. After that, his days of begging. And lastly, the small dimmed room with his sick mother and drunk father.

“Hehehe.” Grimo coughed while laughing. “As I’ve said, I will show you despair.”

Hearing this, Ayill went blank for a moment. Then, a series of coughs sounded, but not from his hated enemy.

It was on his back.

He shivered and his neck automatically wrung his head backwards, to the woman behind him.

The woman was still on the ground. Blood was leaking on her purple and dry lips. But a portion of her hair fixed on the side, her face finally visible. It was a pale face with resemblance to Ayill’s.

She struggled to adjust her head. Only after seemingly a long time, she was able to look up.

There was confusion on her face as she saw the monstrosity in front of her, clutching the chest of the man who had made her current state.

Ayill panicked. He saw the widened eyes of the woman, of his reflection, clearly imprinted on those soulless yet innocent eyes. He fidgeted, dropping Grimo on the ground, and tried to place his hands anywhere.

The boy looked at his blood-filled palms as reality kicked in. It was claws, a claw of a monster. He was unwilling to let her see his current state.

From a young age, Ayill knew that even though traitors were hated, most of them were only imprisoned.

Unbelievably, his wisdom forged from his terrifying past, helped him understand that the moment he transformed into this monster, there was no turning back. This was worse than when he was only a traitor. Because no matter how he looks, he looked like a demon. The most hated beings of this world.

That was why he was so despaired. He just wanted to die right there and then during his battle with his classmates.

And when they got out, he sensed the hostility from the Venerables and his teacher’s shock. Thus, all he wanted to kill the preparator, and be done with himself after that.

Unfortunately, fate was really playing with him.

“D-don’t… please… I beg you! If there’s a god, don’t let her recognized me. Please!” Ayill roared inside that he felt his heart tearing apart. He didn’t want to rely on hopes and wishes. He didn’t want to dream anymore.

But this time, he poured everything of himself to it. Just to become true.

“It’s good that you’re alright. It is good.” Suddenly, when Ayill heard this voice, he shivered.

He looked at his mother. His mother laid there down on the ground. She looked pathetic, but her eyes was clear and filled to the brim with gentleness and love. As if caressing all his wounds and pains.

“I am relieved. You have grown tall and healthy, Ayill, my son.” The woman looked at the abominable in front of her. She was already feeble and only a tiny spark of fire left in her life. She was already coughing hard every minute. But at this moment, her voice was so strong, like a thunderclap in his ears.

Because all of her words filled with affection, longing and relief.

A three years’ separation. His luck and fate played with him. Many things have changed.

But only her mother’s love that made him remembered why he always went outside, to beg, in order for them to live. Because her love was unchanging.

“D-d-don’t look at me!”

Ayill’s voice trembled. He felt uncomfortable, he just wanted to hide all the changes on his body. He didn’t want to be a monster anymore.

Despite that, she was the same. It was as if looking at the exact younger Ayill.

“I am not worthy of your love… I am a sinner.” He didn’t want that. Because he felt dirty. He felt unworthy of being loved. There was no redemption for him.

The mother looked at her child with an encouraging look. She smiled until her face softened, eyes turned into a crescent and her wrinkles smoothen. And at this moment, Ayill perceived her mother’s pristine affection to him.

“You are my son. As a mother, it’s my responsibility to bear your sins.”

“Though, I can only do little. Hehehe.” She laughed lightly. Her words rang to everyone’s ears. They looked at her blankly. Their faces colored in a mixture of shock, amazement and sadness. Only Grimo looked warped.

The trio thought, so this is what a mother looks like. None of them have a mother anymore. At best, Sarah still had her father. Now they were seeing it for the first time.

Hot tears fell down from their eyes. They wanted to roar. They felt sad for these two poor souls.

Ayill’s mother, Ayisha, was a wonderful but simple woman. Her story started with a simple beginning. She met a man, fine but not so handsome. The man was upright, which led to them falling in love. He worked in the market as a cargador. He was funny and hardworking.

A year later, their first child was born. She was as pretty as a pink flower called Azalea–a flower her husband bought for their wedding, which was plentiful in the county. So they named her, Ayizalea.

The baby grew up into a lively kid. She was bright, mischievous and lovely. They loved her so much.

But one day, a caravan arrived to the county. They said they sell jewelries. At that time, Ayisha and her daughter went to the market. They also discovered the caravan, but Ayisha ignored it. She was too busy buying for their food. But not the curious kid.

Ayizalea let go of her mother’s hand, ambling into the commotion. A man instantly spotted her and mesmerized by her loveable face. So he kidnapped her.

Later on, the county was in ruckus. They found several girls were kidnapped. It was the demons, they said, and they offered these young girls for sacrifice.

Ayisha was soon became sick. She could not confront such news. But her husband was so devastated that he changed.

He became irritable. He didn’t work anymore. Even though he didn’t use his hands, he used his voice to hurt her. He drank in despair.

And in that despair, bore a seed.

It was Ayill. His name came from ill luck and fate they experienced.

The pregnancy and birth made Ayisha’s condition more terrible. Years gone by, but her condition continued to deteriorate. However, Ayill have grown too. It just that he grew up in mess; a terrible father and a sick mother.

He didn’t grow up in what he expected of a happy and love-filled environment.

His father treated him like a plague while her mother could not take care of him; which she, Ayisha, deeply sorry about.

If only I could go back in time; clasp my daughter’s hands so she won’t be gone forever.

If only I was there, beside my husband, when he was alone in the abyss of despair.

If only I could give my son, the love he should have.

If only I repay him back for all these years.

These thoughts circled in her mind millions of times. But she couldn’t. No, she could do now.

...

Suddenly, from the above, a gigantic shadow loomed before them. Suffocation endured by their lungs as the horrifying tentacle subjected them with dread.

Ben’s lips quivered and his face became white as paper. “B-brother…”

“Good. Very good!” Grimo expected Ayill to fall in despair. Yet, it was actually the bitch that saved him instead. He was so furious that his teeth clattered. Everything was so unexpected for him; everything gone bonkers and nothing seemed to follow the plan.

A voice sounded behind his ears and saw a turbulent hole in space; large enough for him to enter. Grimo was unwilling, but he was more unwilling to die. Thus, he jumped right through it. Though, his voice echoed before the hole vanished into thin air.

“Your ill fate really precedes you. Anyway, go kill them.”

Unbeknownst to the stunned and horrified looks of everyone, the shadow had closed behind Ayill. It took one more step before plunging a sharp object it picked on the ground towards Ayill’s chest.

But in a split second, Ayisha threw her body.

Pshk. The shadow lifted up the sharp object, lifting Ayisha alongside with it. Ayisha groaned and vomited blood. Her eyes slowly lose it focus.

Even so, she faced her son, showing the sweetest smile she could give.

Then her body was thrown in the side.

At the exact time, a punch filled with boundless fury shot towards the shadow, making it fly in the air!

The shadow’s head experienced an indescribable pressure, and even its armor wasn’t able to help him a bit. Its chin instantly became a pancake!

The shadow shot upwards, reaching the tentacle and pasted to it!

Ayill hurried to embrace her mother. Tears couldn’t help but fell on his pale face. He was demonic, yet he was clearly human.

“Mom…” It was their first meeting in three years. Yet also the last. Ayill felt an unbelievable amount of hate inside him. It was to the point that his eyes cracked open. Blood poured and canines appeared in his mouth.

But suddenly, a hand tried to reach out.

“Cough. Don’t cry, my dear. Please, don’t let revenge fool you.” Ayisha struggled to lift her hand. In the end, she put it on top of her son. She caressed every strand of his hair, tenderly.

“I wasn’t able to do this to you often because Mom is sick and always resting on her bed.” After a long time, she peered at the nearing Sarah, Ben and Jed who were shouting with horror on their faces. Then she stared at the doom casting above them. She spoke.

“You got friends. Nothing will come out of hate. Let love filled you instead.” This was her last words.

In the lingering light in her eyes, a little but lively thought occurred–I will pay it now, my long, long debt to you, my son.

3