7– Luca and the Guy from Last Night!
84 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After changing his clothes to a sports outfit version winter clothing, Luca step out of his apartment bracing himself against the cold wind.

Thankfully it was not snowing and there's a slight sunshine prodding in the clouds, or else by tomorrow he might not be able to get up from bed.

Luca have a weak body since he could remember. He easy get sick. A sprinkle of rain will give him cold. But Luca has been alone for so many years, and without other people looking over him, he learned to take care of himself healthy. 

And that's Luca's everyday schedule's origin. 

Nevertheless, even the existence of the schedule, Luca will turned a blind eye towards certain schedule depending on the weather and season. 

And every since winter season came, Luca have been ignoring this morning jog every Sunday. 

Winter mornings is cold. There is ice and snow everywhere. Not to mention getting cold, Luca, this clumsy man might even slip by himself. 

Now, because if that additional mission. Luca was forced to go on morning jog this freezing season. 

Making sure that his body was fully covered, Luca jumped three times and begin a slow jog towards the park where he usually spent his morning exercises.

On the way– Luca's thoughts wander. 

If facts could be laid in the table, then Luca would say that he did plan on ignoring this additional Task at first even with the motivational support of the system reward. 

From the very first time this system appeared in Luca's face, Luca was already holding onto his suspicions.

He even wanted to shout complement to the system: "Such generous system you are!" Penalties does not exist? There's only reward? Ah! Luca is not ignorant towards these kind of things. In fact, he knew little bit.

Though, Luca doesn't have any reading hobbies, but his colleagues does. Even if Luca is a close off person who doesn't talk much and interacted with others with little time, his colleagues were after all been with him for years, sharing desks and computers with. Talking with them at lunch from time to time can be considered habit for Luca. 

And those girls and nerdy guys would sometimes talk about this system theme and world hopping novels. 

Systems have objectives. The presence of the penalty will ensure the task is done. And the reward is an approach to motivate and strengthen the system host. 

But his system came to him saying he doesn't need to do missions of he doesn't want to. 

'What is it planning?' Luca asked himself. 

Soon, Luca arrived at the park. 

The park is huge. Luca like this park very much. It was always clean and the plant decorations here is gorgeous and elegant. A d now that it was winter, the bald branches w

ere now decorated by Christmas lights. 

"Wow! Even in such cold morning there's still many people here!" The system floated around Luca's head looking excited as it look around. It acted like a tourist arriving at the park for the first time, looking cute with its cookie body and candy cane.

But for Luca...

It can only be a smile underneath a scheming mind. After all, Luca won't believe the system if it told him that Luca was its first host. 

Acting innocent and naive...

Selling cute points and playing grievances...

Luca sneer inside.

"So, you knew it was cold, but still dare send me that kind of task."

"Don't blame me host." System 1225 fly in front of Luca acting cute and innocent. It's round black eyes sparkles and it's delicious scent surge, like it just came out of the oven. 

'Such a perfect piece of delicacy and there's no way to get it inside my stomach.' 

The gingerbread man felt cold all of the sudden. There's no wind, but both of them were moving, so it can only be ignore. Though, the cookie man evidently shivers from this sudden touch of cold. 

"This missions and tasks is not opened by me. But was randomly assigned by fate. This additional Task is just an addition task. It's purpose is for you to receive gifts. It's holiday season now, Host. Chrismast is on the way. We, system always conform with human cultures. Think of it as this system giving you gifts for Christmas, host."

Gingerbread man saw Luca roll his eyes after it said its heart warming speech, but pretended not seeing anything. 

"Oh. I thought you planned this task so that the main mission will continue. I was thinking something just now. Like how I am just casually jogging here, and then suddenly that mission prompt suddenly sounded."

"Don't over think, host. Even this system doesn't know when the mission will arrive." (+_+) 'Ah! Even if your suspicious, this system doesn't care! Hehehe. Just stay tough, host. Let's just see how you will react then, when that time comes. Hehehe.'

...

"...huff...huff...ah...ha...." 

Going around the park after half an hour. Even if Luca wanted to think about what his system is planing, he can't. 

Crystal beads of sweat run down from the side of his face to his jaw and dropping down from the momentum of his actions towards his sweater. 

Luca plan to waste time in the park jogging in 30 minutes intervals. Winter is not like summer and spring where Luca can run an hour straight. 

His sweat will drenched his body and Luca is afraid of getting cold. Luca doesn't like the heaviness and suffocation cold brings. Especially, people with colds will become emotionally sensitive. 

Luca hated that feeling. 

So, Luca thought of resting in one of the benches first before continueing and going home. 

But just before he lifted his foot towards the direction of his target bench, Luca heard something that will make his mood plummeted. 

It's was the "Jingel Bells" ring!!

And as expected– the second mission is here.

With a "puff" the same scroll appear in front of Luca. Luca stared at the gingerbread man who was whistling appearing innocent and proceeded in opening the scroll like there's nothing wrong at all.

"Doesn't know when the mission will arrived my ass!" Luca subconsciously blurted out his thoughts, while he read the opened scroll. 

Mission #2: A handsome guy is sitting on the bench at 3 o'clock. He was currently resting with his dog. 

Task 1: Free the dog

Task 2: Help the handsome guy at catching the dog.

Task 3 : Compensate the handsome guy with your body.

Luca was curious at first. Though, he knew that he shouldn't have expected something good towards this shameless system mission– this is just the second one after. But who knew, Luca was wrong. 

This shameless system will always catch the opportunity to pit him! This brain dead mission! Who would do such a thing!!

So, after one glance, Luca strode off, planning on going home. 

However, it seems that the system works really well and is very excellent with its job when playing Cupid.

Such coincidence!

Luca will have to pass the handsome man on the way out of the park!

And with they way things are, Luca who was thinking about the mission instinctly turn his head and looked towards the bench where the handsome man and his dog sat. 

Viola! When Luca saw the handsome man, his first initial thoughts were: "...that man seems familiar?"

Lo and behold, the system as if the system read his mind, it said, "Of course, host! It's the handsome man from last night!" With such great enthusiasm. And then it added, "Host and that handsome man must really have predestined fate with each other. If not, why do you guys keep bumping together?"

When Luca heard his system, he almost broke his teeth from excessive grit. If not for this system, why will he be here?!! 

"So, predestined fate is so cheap now a days." 

"Don't underestimate the work of fate, host. You never know what actually happening beyond your line of sight." 

"Yeah right. Of course I wouldn't know. If I know what's happening beyond my sight then I will never have accepted doing that additional Task!"

Clicking it's imaginative tongue inwardly, system 1225 secretly wave its candy cane without Luca's knowledge. 

In order to hide its little movement, the system let Luca to talk about life. 

So, while Luca was doing his best to refute his system words of theology towards fates and destiny. Meanwhile, on the handsome man's side.

Listening to music while playing with his phone, unknowingly something phenomenological is currently happening towards his big grey furred Alaskan Malamute. 

To be specific, towards its leash. 

The metal connecting the leash and the dog's collar suddenly freezes and shattered like a broken ice, freeing the dog out of its restrain. 

The handsome man, busy with something in his phone didn't notice it at all!

And Luca, who is now luckily running in front of the freed Alaskan Malamute luckily become it's target. 

Open wide mouth, tongue out and drool dropping down the ground, the grey furred dog who weight 43 kg suddenly stood up from where it was sitting and rush towards Luca.

Luca who was still fighting with the system, suddenly heard a shout coming from the direction if the handsome man: "..." =_= What the f*ck! I see fur!!!

11