11– Luca and the Flying Keys
77 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

December 21

Luca came to work on time the same as usual, it's as if nothing happened at all. Luca and the gingerbread man came back to their relationship before after they met each other.

The relationship where one is ignoring, while the other is pestering. 

The system was still the same, talking about the missions and tasks all over again and again, almost losing its voice and mind at the same time. On the other hand, Luca almost master the art of ignoring people, like they were air. 

More importantly, it gave off refreshing felling whenever Luca saw the system turning into an evil gingerbread man everytime it was being ignored. 

Even the "Jingel Bells" tune seems to turned quite eerie to his ears. It's like a bell toll of incoming disaster that made Luca felt ill at ease. 

Luca brush it off and thought it was just the system being in the bad mood. 'What can it do?' although it was a magical existence, Luca doesn't believe that he will lose his life in the process of ignoring this not so cute evil gingerbread man!

There's only a little different though. 

Yesterday, although things didn't turned out for the best, Luca still completed his additional Task. He got <1x ticket> to roll the roulette. However, Luca didn't used it.

"Hey, can I use this ticket any time?" Luca asked, wanting to a certain his thoughts. Meanwhile, system 1225 looked at it's host stinky face and k ew what he meant.

"Of course, host. Even if this system disappeared into your life as long as this ticket is in your hands, the roulette is always there for your use." Luca nodded after hearing the sarcasm within the system's answer.

So, from then on, aside from doing the additional task, which is the same as going through his ordinary life– Luca ignored anything else, including his system.

...

December 22

Luca got another free ticket. Now he have <2x ticket>, still he didn't use it. Luca only want one thing in that roulette and that thing is a locator. 

Luca stared at the picture drawn in the roulette. It's like an iPod with the Earth rotating on the screen. There's a target sign targeting the earth in the middle, glowing red light like an alert status, flickering every now and then. 

He touched the picture and a ring of bell sounded in tune of "Jingle Bells". Then a scroll appeared with "puff" and unroll itself automatically. The description of the locator was written.

[Locator

Description: Can find anyone or anything as long as they/it still exist on Earth! 

Limitation: Can only find one person or item. If you want to find more, get more locator!

Usable times: 1x]

'If I can get this, then...' Luca close his eyes, turn around and finally went out of the door.

It's morning. The sun is already up, but dark clouds shrouded the entire sky, making the sun looked dimmed and the whole atmosphere depressing and cold– well, for Luca, anyway.

And the system, hovering around the distance while laying in a fist size snow flake. It rolled it's eyes and shook its tiny head while clicking it's non-existent tongue trice as it observed it's host from the distance.

Then all of the sudden, the irritating "Jingle Bells" sounded again. A scroll "puff" out, but Luca by passed it before it open. 

Luca turn to the side, avoiding the scroll and continue walking.

But because Luca's action was too abrupt, when Luca avoided the scroll, he bump into somebody walking from behind him. 

The man seems to be in a hurry. And when Luca bumped into him, the keys he was holding when flying to the side of the road.

Both men were surprised and failed to react in time. Luca was the first one to get out of his stupor. He bow and apologized embarrassingly and went towards the side road to pick up the keys.

The key fly off a bit far away from the pedestrian. It lay slightly at the center of the left lane, a dangerous place to have your keys went flying to.

Fortunately for Luca, the stop lights is in red. All vehicles were at stopped, so Luca didn't need to worry about waiting for the stop light or stopping cars just to get the keys on the road.

Or so, he thought.

Here comes the cliche part.

Knowing the red sign at the stop light, Luca quickly went beyond the side of the road to pick the keys. Luca walked off suddenly after apologizing, that the other man didn't have anytime to respond to his apologies.

Arriving at his destination, Luca bend down and reached out to pickup the keys. As his slender fingers touched the cold metal keys, Luca heard a loud noise.

Beeeeeeeeppppp!!

A car speedily ignoring the road signs was driving quickly at Lucas direction. 

Turning his head towards the speedy car's direction, Luca saw the car coming towards him on speed reaching beyond the speed limit. 

Aside from the speedy car's honk, police siren could also be heard trailing behind the speedy car. 

Such intense scene that can only be seen in action movies. 

Unfortunately, for Luca this is a scene from nightmare. 

Luca stiffened as he saw the car approaching. 

For normal people, this should be the time for their adrenaline to gushed out of their body, using their instinct of survival to get out of the way. 

And those people who immediately got stiff frozen in place in such events. Or got scared frozen and failed to move in time, and die–

System 1225: "That's none of your business!! Why do you need to include that in narrations!"

Author: "I sense bitterness from your tone. Could it be–"

System 1225: "!!!" Wave it's candy cane like a batter sending the author flying towards the moon.

...

...

...

thought it's light, drama still follows.

*kekeke* 

cliche is everywhere!!

this chapter revealed so many hint about Luca's past. And this is Luca's turning point. 

I wonder how many of you have already guess the outcome~

10