12– Luca Finally get to Know His Neighbor!
85 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

I didn't notice that there's no Chapter here at all.

Hehehe.

I thought I copied it. But it didn't.

Hehehe... :p

Here you go!!

Unfortunately, for Luca this is a scene from nightmare. 

Luca stiffened as he saw the car approaching. 

He saw bright light merging from the scenes from his nightmares. 

They same cold weather, the faint glow of the sun trying to peak from behind the curtains of heavy clouds. 

But instead of depressing cold atmosphere, it was bright and joyful. Giggles and happy murmurs could be heard from the background. 

But it was all shattered by the noise coming from a speedy car. 

And with a crashed sound of something being broken. Like stones being crushed underneath your feet, Luca looked down and saw a child laying at the road with crushed legs.

His legs soft, Luca almost kneel to the ground. But as he held his breath...

Like a mirror shattering, the vision broke and all Luca could see is red. 

In his hazy consciousness, Luca heard someone calling him from the distance. He didn't know who is it nor he cares. He just thought that, that person's voice sounded quite familiar. 

However, Luca doesn't have the luxury to care about that right now. 

Luca stared at his hands. Luca felt something warm and wet in his palm. It was blood. Luca saw his hands dyed red with fresh blood– sliding through his fingers, dripping down towards the grounds and creating a puddle of blood.

Then the image disappeared. The blood vanished, leaving only a slender white fingers, as a flash of light came from where the car is coming from. 

That's when Luca felt a hard tug from his arm, pulling him from somewhere. He stumbled and amidst Luca's day dream, he expects pain resulted from his fall.

The same as his nightmare.

But it didn't happen.

There's no pain, only warmth and slight trembling. There's also the tight feeling that made Luca felt suffocated.

The car passed with a "zoom" and swiftly drift and turned left. Behind that speedy car were two police cars trail the car down with the same speed. 

In an instant, the car chase disappeared out of sight, only lingering chaotic sounds of high pitched screech from frictions and the loud sound of sirens from the police.

...

Thump. Thump. Thump. 

Luca's heart beat hard, like a hammer thumping against his rib cage. It hurts and suffocating. 

He breathe hard, heavy and painful. His body keeps trembling, and his hands were cold like ice.

Despite the chilling cold winds brushing pass his cheek, Luca's back was drenched with sweat.

He felt dizzy and cold. Luca knew he was having a panic attack. His hands trembles as Luca gripped the clothes of the person supporting him.

Luca looked really scared. Even for an adult man like him, it was normal to trembled in fear under the near death experienced. 

That's why, even thought it's awkward seeing a grown man looking pitiful like a new born fawn, no body criticize him. Instead, they looked at the unlucky Luca with pity in their eyes. 

In the midst of Luca's panic attack, Luca heard faint voice calling out to him. Trying to calm him down. 

"It's fine now. Calm down. Breathe in, breathe out... Good. That's it." The voice sounds soft and beautiful to hear. It was low and sounded mature. Every word was speak clearly and slowly. Word by word, Luca heard a voice consoling him, soothing him until he calmed down his breathing.

Luca didn't know how he got home that time. No, more like he didn't know how he got inside his neighbor's house. Or know why he was there in the first place.

He walked like a mindless ghost as the man who rescued him, support him. Luca heard the man tried to talked to him many times, but he didn't response and was just looking down as he walked step by step. 

Luca's mind was blank, like his face, except that it was now pale. Paler than a paper. He can't think proper and he didn't know what's going on either.

But with this experienced, Luca didn't know if he can get out of his house anymore.

Luca picked his neighborhood because of its convenient location. Every needs is within a range where you can reach them with your own feet. His work, the supermarket, the hospital, Luca didn't need to ride a car going toward these places.

More importantly, this place is always crowded with people. Parking lots and the main road is at different road from where Luca is usually walking from his apartment to his work. 

That's why, he didn't expect this kind of thing to happen. This is a business City, people don't just hasty went on driving on the road in fast speed even if the road is empty and wide open.

Only in this city does Luca felt at ease living to and have a courage going out of his door to face the world again. 

Luca lived in this city for five years now. And within those years, he thought that he was getting better and better. Though he still can't ride a car, at least he can now endure seeing them without having a panic attack or passing out.

"Here. Drink this to warm your body." Luca held the glass of warm coco and subconsciously try a sip. 

Gulp. Delicious warm chocolate spread from his through to his throat and stomach. The sweetness is mild and the creaminess is soft to the tongue, making Luca wanted to drink it all at once. 

But a hand stop him from doing so. "Drink slowly, lest burn your tongue. If you want more, I have more. So, take it slow."

Finally, Luca snapped out of his dazed day dream. He looked up and saw a very handsome face. 

With the fluttering of eye lashes, Luca's eyes went wide seeing a familiar handsome face. Thankfully, Luca was sitting on a couch, if not he might be sitting on the ground right now instead of this comfy couch. He almost even spill the warm coco drink, fortunately, the handsome man has a quick hands, which prevent Luca from hurting his hands. 

Though, the coco drink is warm– it was warm because the weather is cold. If it's not winter, the warm coco drink could be called hot. 

Seeing the worried gaze of the handsome man, Luca felt awkward. All his fears went flying off, completely forgotten. All that's left is complete awkwardness and Luca's indescribable guilty feelings from ignoring the handsome man all this while. 

He didn't know where it came from. But that feeling just pop out of no where. 

But considering his position, it's not weird at all to feel that way.

Diverting his eyes out of guilt, Luca's eyes wander around. 

They were at the living room with quite decent decorations of white, grey, and black. There's a white carpet under his feet, which is soft to touch. Luca even wanted to rub his feet against this soft fluff, but restrain his self because it's not his own house. 

The handsome man, sat beside him with an appropriate distance. Only reaching out when needed. 'Such a gentle man.'

And there's still that scent of bitter coffee and sweet desert. And it's everywhere inside his house. 

It's just that, when Luca turned towards the coffee table in front, he stiffened.

Luca saw the system grinning at him, laughing "hehehe" like it had already won. 

With a smile plastered on its face, the gingerbread man said, "His such a gentle man right?" 

Hearing that, Luca's face went black. 

...

...

...

Handsome Man: "Such a good atmosphere and you destroyed it!"

System 1225: "I didn't. You're just not good enough. Try harder!"

...

...

...

 

Especial shout out for "I am the Lucky Cat of an MMORPG" and XiaoYu's trauma!!!

If you guys haven't read this novel yet, read it! It's really good, very mild and light. But the game concept is very promising. 

9