25– Luca and the Never Ending Christmas Cycle!
50 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luca knew what the system wanted to imply. He was an adult, it's impossible for him to friggin wish for something. Especially, to someone like Santa Claus. 

Come on, even a five year old child doesn't believe in fairies now, much more in Santa. 

But, though, he was now an adult, that doesn't mean he didn't wished for something when he was a child. 

That's why the system said, "a wish from a child."

Sighing, Luca can't help but caress his temples as he looked at the system quite troubled. "Are you serious? As in, seriously serious?"

"I am. Don't doubt me anymore, host. I can't say what your wish is. You have to figure it out yourself."

The system have a stern attitude, with stubborn face like a sturdy tree unable to be bend no matter how strong the wind blows. It refuse to say anything, no matter how much Luca pester it and asked it thousand times.

Seems like their situation was reversed. 

All night Luca pester the system to talk even a little. But when the system showed it's stance, Luca was like: "Forget it then." (ಠ_ಠ)━☆゚.*・。゚ 

He was very dissatisfied with the system. From the very first day, Luca already decided not to go with the system's wave. If the system said to go left, Luca will turn around. If the system said to do this and that, Luca will just lie down or stay still and sat down leisurely. 

Anyway, his life is already boring as is. Will there be any changes whether or not he was trapped in a loop?

The system already guessed what the host in mind. Seeing his still relax expression, not minding his circumstances not once, the gingerbread man couldn't help but let out a soft "kekeke" with hint of mischievousness within. 

"...just you wait. It will not be long before that calm demeanor of yours crack. Host just wait for it. Kekeke."

...

...

...

December 19, Saturday.

Luca actually sleep well that night and was very energetic when he wake up. Contrary the system looks lethargic and was silent all the way. 

And unlike last time, when Luca was so tired and sleep when he received his first call that exceed over an hour. This time, Luca timely did it methologically with ease and able to solve the problem strategically. 

That day, he was so sleepy that he absentmindedly did so many ups and downs with the caller, when he can just solved it with simple steps that can easily followed even with someone as old as his caller. 

So, after Luca solved the first huddle on that day, everything else when on smoothly.

All day, the system was just silently observing Luca from far away. In this never ending cycle, the system had never planned in interfering with Luca anymore. 

The system wanted Luca to used this cycle to think for himself, alone. 

After all, they were just starting.

...

Luca passed the day without much effort. Though, his memory of this day is vague, still with Luca's years of experience in BPO industry, couple with his good condition, everything went well. 

And so, without Luca being call off by his supervisor, he manage to get off to work earlier than what happened previously.

Walking down the street, just as Luca was about to pass a certain bakery, he stopped. He looked around and he saw the system floating up, behind him.

He walked towards the floating gingerbread man without making anyone suspicious. Then, he whispered softly, "I'm curious. Why aren't I hearing that annoying sounds? And that mission, where it is?"

The system glanced at Luca and looked at the bakery not far away, and expressionlessly answered. "I forgot to tell you host, that sound is just like a sensor. It will sound an alarm whenever the handsome guy is nearby. And that mission..." The system pause and then stared at Luca. It smile and then said, "that mission is just this system's nonsense."

"Don't worry about it host."

Six hours and thirty seven minutes before New year!!

8