Chapter 22- Rewards and Responsibilities
262 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Real World
North American Alliance- Greater New Your City Area

"Wow...So you just cut their heads off?" Matt asked and I looked at him like he lost it while Jared smirked.

"Of all the things you got hung up on, that was it...Seriously?" I asked him and he shrugged sheepishly and embarrassed at what he had asked. "Compared to the Drow, Vampires are practically saints. At least they don't do human sacrifices. Now do you guys mind helping me once I find out where the hell I am in the Underdark?" I asked them. 

Jared smiled, "You realize you are asking people to start over at level one, right?" I snorted.

"Yeah, but it will be in a place untouched by any Clan or kingdom." I told him and he chuckled.

"So we would be going in blind to any Dungeons, that would be fun." Jared commented as he grimaced. 

"Hey, if we can found a Clan and get First Kills, it would be a huge boost for us. Not to mention money for any information on the area once Blackrock goes public with releasing the new Race." Matt responded and Jared considered our friends point.

"Either way, its something to talk about when we have your barbeque. For now I just wanted to vent and tell someone I could trust. Right now, the information is useless because I am in a very isolated part of the Underdark, and I don't even know where in the Underdark I am." I pointed out.

"Ok, we will talk more about everything later, but we will talk.' Jared pointedly stated. 'Now go back and get back to work. If we are really going to do this, you got to push the story foreword as much as possible. Get out of here, I will take care of the tab." he told me and I gave him a small not before sending a quick message to Tony letting him know I was on the way back. I had three days before I had to logout again, so twelve days within Fate Online. Plenty of time to figure out the current situation around Eternal Night and to try to stabilize it. 


Fate Online
Underdark- Unending Abyss Region
Eternal Night- Upper City
Shadows Fall Keep

When I opened my eyes, I noticed immiedielty I was not alone. Sessa and surprisingly, Chalxae were present sleeping on either side of me. It was about midnight, so I had missed about twelve hours while I had been gone. Yet I needed them to think and figure certain things out without being distracted. I was still bone tired, but several notifications were awaiting my attention that I had not read before logging out. 

<<<>>>

Quest Alert: Might makes Right!

Notice: Despite the efforts of House Night Dweller, House Tantibus, and House Lamia, their rebellion was blunted and put down ruthlessly. While Vampire's of Eternal Night are considered sentient and civilized, remember a thin veneer hides the monster beneath and some of them will only respect strength or those that are politically apt. Your actions have left an impression upon the Nobility, one that will be remembered for a long time. For good or ill, only time will tell. You have received 10,000 Experience, +200 Renown, Title Unlocked 'Royal Executioner', your Reputation with the people of Eternal Night has increased, your Reputation with the Lower Houses and Higher Houses has increased to Honored, your Reputation with the City Guard has increased to Honored, your Reputation with the Heart Guard has increased to Friendly, Badge of the Executioner.

Note* Official positions within a Royal Court carry both benefits and responsibilities. Quests that are related to your position are compulsory. However, like all jobs you can resign or be fired, but their are consequences for resigning from such positions.  

<<<>>>

Skill Name: Bladed Weapons
Skill Level: 7
Skill Type: Passive
Effect 1: Increases Bladed Weapons damage by 17%.
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

Skill Name: Heavy Armor
Skill Level: 6
Skill Type: Passive
Effect 1: Increases base armor rating while wearing Heavy Armor by 17%.
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

Skill Name: Dodge
Skill Level: 6
Skill Type: Passive
Effect 1: Increase chance to Evade an attack by 15%.
Range: N/A
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

Skill Name: Parry
Skill Level: 6
Skill Type: Passive
Effect 1: Increase chance to block/deflect an attack by 15%.
Effect 2: 10% Chance that counterattack will trigger
Range: Melee
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A
---Counterattack increases users movement/attack speed by 125%

Skill Name: Conditioning
Skill Level: 7
Skill Type: Passive
Effect 1: Pain felt due to effort, status effects, or injuries is reduced by 14%.
Effect 2: Decrease the chance spells will Miscast due to pain by 6%.
Range: N/A
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

<<<>>>

1 X Level up!

You have (10) unassigned Attribute Points. Attribute Points can be assigned at any time.

You have (1) unassigned Skill Point. Skill Points can be assigned at any time. 

<<<>>>

The hard fight had earned me a level, boosted several of my core skills as well. More importantly it had boosted my Reputation with all the core political groups across Eternal Night. I was sure their were other smaller, and less affluent groups within the city. Right now, restoring control to the major parties and stabilizing the cities political climate was more important. After that, I had to assess the situation in the nearby Underdark, which based on Drex, was two steps from going to hell. 

I looked at the two women on either side of me and did my best to get comfortable before closing my eyes and falling almost instantly asleep. I wasn't sure how long I slept but it was dreamless and deep only to be awakened when someone started shaking my shoulder. I groggily looked to see Chalxae above me. "I am sorry to wake you Jacob, but Captain Tamilian wishes to speak too you. He awaits you on the veranda." I absently nodded as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I rolled out of bed causing a set of giggles behind me. "I would suggest you get dressed before going to see the Captain." the Drow told me and I moaned something unintelligent as I moved to the wardrobe and threw my newbie clothing on before walking out of the bedroom to the small enclosed area. 

The large man smiled as he saw my rumpled appearance, "I apologize for waking you, but you left the audience rather suddenly before the Queen could talk too you. I didn't want to take a chance at missing you once you got back.' the man stated and I just grunted causing him to chuckle. 'As the Royal Executioner, you will be responsible for only a few things. You will have to be present for official court functions and the Queens Seneschal will message you for those dates ahead of time. Any official or unofficial misconduct by the nobility will be handled by you. These actions will be sanctioned by the Queen or myself preferably but you do have some leeway to act independently. This is your official badge of office, please do not lose it." the Captain stated as he handed over a small ornate object.

The thing easily fit in my palm, it was of a warrior or solder kneeling and bowing their head, a bloody sword in hand. Behind him was the head of a dragon of all things. It was crafted of several metals, including gold and silver. I pulled up the items information with a thought.

<<<>>>

Armor Name: Badge of the Executioner
Armor Type: Trinket; Mithril, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Pin
Class: Unique
Base Defense: N/A
Primary Effects...
--- +10 Vitality
--- +10 Strength
--- +10 Spirit
Secondary Effects...
--- +20% Resistance to Poison Damage
--- Poison Ward: Badge will vibrate if the contents of your drink or food is poisoned.
--- Grants access to any House, High or Low.
--- Restricted: Only the person recognized as the Royal Executioner, can wear this badge. Any other will suffer grave consequences.

'Although you will walk alone, your purpose is defined, your will absolute, and those that will stand against you will find your blade both swift and sure.'

<<<>>>

I read, and reread the item information. "Ok, I have questions but I am fairly certain you won't answer them." I responded causing him to smile a clap me on the shoulder before producing another item. 

"You are learning and I am in your debt personally for your assistance in putting the rebels down. This item is for a one time use, and only one time. Break it and a squad of the Heart Guard will come to assist you. Anywhere, with anything, no questions will be asked." the man told me before shoving the small indistinct coin into my hand. I pulled its information on instinct.

<<<>>>

Item Name: Seal of a Blood Debt
Item Description: Blood Debts are a rare occurrence and the Seals for a Blood Debt even more so. They are crafted when one Vampire feels they owe another a debt that cannot be paid through normal means. This is a one time use item that cannot be lost or stolen, upon its use it will dissapear.
Effect: Summon a squad (10 soldiers) of the Heart Guard to fight by your side. (Duration 5 Minutes)
Instructions on Use: Break Seal

<<<>>>

I read the information then threw both the seal and badge into my inventory. Neither one was of importance currently. I headed back to bed hoping to get some rest before having to get up, facing the Underdark half awake was a sure way to find myself on a one way trip to Respawn. 

I noticed Chalxae was back in my bed, I thought about moving in behind her but thought it best not too until I was certain I wasn't going to get a knife in the kidney for it. I moved to the side with Sessa and poked her in the side until she scooted closer to the Drow before slipping underneath the covers. I would address why they were in my bed when I woke up fully. For some reason they believed they should be in my bed and I thought I had made it abundantly clear I did not see them as my playthings. 

I felt the Sessa scoot closer to me as I closed my eyes and I tapped her hip, "Sleep!" I mumbled as I closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep again. 

11