Chapter 6 – Meeting Abel. Instinct!
1.9k 22 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eli, oblivious to the thoughts of Vivian, Did a quick body search and removed 3 knives and a gun from their persons, took some rope from his bag for hanging clothes, and tied up the three thugs' hands. Once done, he called the cops. This was an attempted assault in his own home and he had defended himself by the law. Also, he had a witness and he was an ex-officer in the army. A single call to his superiors can settle everything even if the cops make some problems. Besides, the police had databases that can tell him who they worked for, no need to investigate them.

Vivian didn't stop him from calling the cops. Even if she came from a gangster background, it's not like she was wanted by the police. Many times if something went overboard, even gangsters would call the cops, like in this case.

5 minutes later, a car screeched outside, 3 men entered the building and went to the fifth floor. When they saw the 3 men tied on the floor, as well as the blood and teeth from one of them, they were shocked! Who did this? A buff Hispanic guy with tattoos and piercings looked at the scene wearily, before calling "Vivian! Where are you?!"

Vivian, who was right now chatting happily with Eli heard the familiar voice, stood up, and shouted, "Dearest older brother!" And ran to the doorway and hugged the buff guy. It was naturally Abel, Vivian's brother. Abel showed a warm smile as he hugged her back. He was really worried sick!

He then asked, "Sister, please explain to me what happened."

"It's like this brother... These guys just came to the apartment and tried to grab Eli, but he beat them up in just 10 seconds! It was so cool! Like watching something from a superhero flick!"

"Hahaha, when was the last time I remembered you acting like a little child like this! But did you just say that a single guy has just done in 3 buff men? Where is this... Eli?" Abel was curious, as well as slightly fearful. He was 1.85m tall and buff, yet he was not confident to take on a single one of these 3 guys, let alone take them all out in just 10 seconds! Though judging from how Vivian said it, he should be a 'seemingly' good guy.

He looked inside the apartment and saw a guy sitting on an old couch, looking at him curiously. The guy looked less buffy than him, but he could tell that this guy packed real power in those compact muscles. The vibe and body language that the guy showed was as leisurely as it was confident and stable, and it was just 5 minutes after he beat the crap out of 3 thugs! This guy's a veteran fighter!

Abel didn't dare show any arrogance in front of him, "Hello sir, you are Mr. Eli, right? I'm Abel, Vivian's older brother, Thank you for watching over her!"

"It's fine! She did great work cleaning the house, worth every single cent! If it's ok, I would like to discuss something with your father, Mr. Ramón. I have some business to offer."

Abel looked seriously at Eli, trying to figure anything out, but found nothing. He then nodded, "Ok, I will arrange a meeting for you with Papa, on account of you babysitting my sister. Give me your phone number, I will contact you this evening."

"Ok, my number is XXX-XXXX... Oh right, and I need Vivian to stay here for a bit, I need her to testify for me about the assholes over there." He pointed at the three unconscious thugs.

"Hmm... Fair enough. I will stay here for a bit then. Let's chat in the meantime." Abel wanted to probe the guy as much as possible. Maybe even have him join the gang. His sister also seemed attracted to the guy and gave him eye signals... She was 19 and already old enough, he himself was 25 and got married already last year to Ximena, a girl a year older than his sister. If he likes the guy enough and his sister wants to date him, by all means, she can go ahead and date him. But if he doesn't like him, then it ends there.

Eli and Abel chatted for several minutes, and they found out that they clicked really well together. Before long they started laughing and joking together like they were best pals since kindergarten. Vivian and the 2 guys who came with them were stunned speechless. They never saw Abel click with someone like that! It was barely 7 minutes since they started talking for fuck sakes!

Abel soon learned that Eli was an ex-soldier that was just freshly dismissed. Eli even showed him the scars and dog tag tucked in his wallet. Abel, who wanted to join the army in the past but couldn't, got thrilled and immediately clicked with the guy. He also got a piece of good news for his sister, the guy is single! From Abel's perspective, he would be glad to have a brother-in-law like this! The guy is approved!

Eli, unaware that he was already approved as a brother-in-law in Abel's head, was just happily chatting with the guy. He liked having some bro talk. Soon, Sirens were heard downstairs, and a few police officers came up the stairs.

When the officers saw the state of the thugs, especially the guy who had his teeth knocked out, they hissed, as if feeling the pain. They went to Eli and asked him some questions, as well as asking Vivian to confirm it. The fact that he was an ex-soldier, and the fact that 2 of the 3 thugs were in the police database as repeat offenders, made the process a lot faster. The police told him that they belong to some affiliated gang of the MS-13. Human traffickers. Eli also gave them the gun and knives they had on them.

When Abel heard they were MS-13, he knew that Eli just saved his sister since they definitely are not after Eli! And he was grateful to him for that. Also, he was pissed off at the MS-13 for trying to kidnap his sister! Fucking assholes! Are they trying to start a war?! He was gonna tell papa about this!

After the police left, Abel and his bodyguards thanked Eli for saving Vivian before leaving. Vivian looked back one last time and winked to Eli before leaving.

Now, only Eli was left in the house.

After closing the door, he took a look at the clock and it was now 15:42. He checked in the menu and the evolution option was still grey. So he decided to just pass some time. He went outside and bought condiments as Vivian said. He also went to buy some cheap spare clothes, including underwear and socks. He needed them for the time he was going to start the killing. He planned on only keeping the equipment, not disposable clothes! Those clothes he will burn at some hobo stove somewhere later on.

By the time he was finished, it was now 18:14. Checking the menu, the grey evolution upgrade was white again! Seems like it had a 24-hour cooldown! Eli did not immediately upgrade himself, but first called pizza delivery. He knew he will be hungry after this!

After ordering a pizza, he checked the evolution upgrade menu

[Strength Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Vitality Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Toughness Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Agility Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Dexterity Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Cognition Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Nerves Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Senses Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Instinct Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Immunity Upgrade lvl 2 price: 100 points, 5 lvl 1 monster crystals]
[Mana Conductivity Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Mana Core Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]
[Mana Sense Upgrade lvl 1 price: 10]

As before, the mana options are greyed out. Immunity lvl 2 however, now costs 10 times more points, and also something called a monster crystal. Eli won't be able to evolve to lvl 2 until the apocalypse. Not that he needed to.

He then checked Instinct lvl 1 upgrade

Instinct lvl 1: Develops the sixth sense. Hunches and guesses are more accurate. Battle instincts and danger instincts are sharper.

"I get battle instincts and danger instincts, but hunches and guesses? Does that include guessing what color a girl's panties are? Oh well, at least it's worth raising..."

After selecting to upgrade it, he felt a headache. It was not hurting like the last time, but it was like having a clogged nose for years, and suddenly someone opens it up. It was a very trippy feeling. It lasted 2 minutes like last time, before ending.

When it ended, Eli noticed he was on all 4, a pool of vomit between his hands. He lost balance and vomited from this.

He then noticed that something extra was added to his brain, something that was not there before. Like a blind person, suddenly seeing, Like a deaf person, suddenly hearing. He didn't know what it was, or how to describe it, but it was there, and he loved it.

 

 

81