Chapter 14 – The true power of Back
1.5k 12 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Eli heard the door opening, he remembered that the MS-13 marked him for beating up and handing their guys to the cops! Eli immediately took out his desert eagle from the storage ring and waited behind the wall next to the door.

Eli waited for a full 3 minutes, but those thugs still didn't come! During that time, Eli felt a growing sense of danger from his instincts, but did not know what it was! Eli was bewildered and anxious, and thought, "What are they do..." Before his brain could even register what is going on, a flash of light exploded in his vision accompanied by a sudden intense pain! And then everything turned black...

Eli suddenly found himself in a place blacker than black, a cold black abyss. Eli instinctively knew, that he just died! "WHAT THE FUCK!!! DID THOSE BASTARDS USE A BOMB ON ME!? A FUCKING BOMB?!!!! IM GONNA MURDER THOSE SONS OF BITCHES!!! I should've listened to my instincts sooner... Wait... Can I use Back?" He then thought to himself, 'Back'.

Eli suddenly found himself back hiding next to his bedroom door. Everything went back to normal! 'Back' can really reverse death!!! Eli did not waste any time and rushed out. He immediately found a bag next to his bedroom. Without wasting time, he immediately placed the bag inside the storage ring. The storage ring had a frozen space, and that means that the bomb won't explode!

Eli then thought about what he should do next. He just wasted all the 'Back' he had. Even if he had vitality, he was not confident to survive if he got shot too many times, or his head got shot. So, he decided to risk it a little, and use the Stealth-boy and helmet. Right now it still had about 40 minutes of use left in it, and besides, those guys probably did not bring a second bomb. They will probably try and check why the apartment did not explode by now, so perhaps they would try and go up again... And sure enough...

5 minutes later, 3 silhouettes came up the stairs. Eli immediately activated his stealth and waited on the other side of the floor hall.

The three men that came up wore biker helmets and full biker suits that left no skin exposed, 1 of the fuckers even had a sub-machine gun! Just what fuckery is this?! Why did they place so much attention on someone like him?! As far as they know, he just beat up a couple of their guys and turned them to the police!

One of the guys said in a hushed voice, "Do you think the bomb was a dud?"

Another guy responded, "It was 10 pounds of c4 they use for demolition you know! No way it was a dud! Probably something in the wiring wasn't right. Let's just fix it and go back to the car quickly and trigger it again."

The third guy said, "I still can't believe the boss actually wanted to bomb someone like this guy... Just using guns should be enough! Why waste c4 on this poor bastard..."

The first guy answered, "Originally, The leader also thought the same, but the boss suddenly turned into a mad dog. He is biting left and right now, and ordered all enemies to be dealt with the most extreme measures, to prove that the MS-13 is not to be messed around with, so the leader didn't have a choice... If it continues like this, then war will happen soon... Shit..."

The second guy said, "Chat later, first, fix the bombs..."

The three entered the still slightly open door of the apartment and soon reached in front of Eli's room. They then discovered something wrong! "Where is it!? The bomb bag was here just a few minutes ago!"

Bang* Bang* Bang*

Three shots were heard, as the three gangsters felt a bullet entering each of their bodies right at the center! Before they could register anything, they slumped on the floor, dying. Eli deactivated the stealth-boy and called the police. He wore his equipment gloves and searched their bodies, and soon found a remote explosive trigger, and put it inside the storage ring. Now he can rest assured that the bombs in the ring will not suddenly activate if he took them out now.

Putting back the equipment into the storage ring, he waited for about 15 minutes before the police arrived. 2 police cars and an ambulance arrived, and 4 policemen and 2 medics came up the stairs. They were already briefed that burglars entered the home and were shot by the owner and were neutralized, so they did not point guns at Eli. They did, however, question what happened, and he answered that 3 armed burglars suddenly invaded his home while he was in the kitchen to get some water, and he just so happened to have a pistol in the kitchen drawer. So he took the gun and shot them since he felt a mortal danger to his life. While it did sound slightly sketchy, the police bought it. Also, they checked Eli and found that on the 27th, he was also home invaded by criminals affiliated to the MS-13!

Linking that incident to this one, they immediately checked and found out that these guys were also part of the MS-13! They came to murder Eli! The cops looked in amazement and admiration at him. He actually survived a hit from a gang! What they didn't know, was that Eli was a freak who could literally reverse death and time.

The paramedics soon concluded that the 3 thugs were dead, and placed them into body bags, carrying them to the ambulance below.

There was no need to ask Eli to come with them, as this was a classic case of legitimate and appropriate self-defense. Before they left, one of the cops advised kindly, "If you have the money, I suggest you leave this apartment! Go to a hotel, and lay low for a month or two! Even better, leave the Bronx or even NYC to another place! At the very least, you won't be afraid of being targeted again!"

Eli thanked the police officer, and the officers left. Eli considered it and reasoned that perhaps he should go and get a hotel room for a couple of days. He even got a good reason, since the weapon racket was in mott haven near, right near Willis Ave bridge, and was about 7 miles away from him. Even if he ran there, he would barely have an easy time doing anything. So he decided to just go and rent a hotel room. Maybe it would also be a good time to let off some steam... For now, it was late, so he went back to sleep after closing the door and locking everything. Hopefully, there won't be any bombs now...

Double chap surprise!

I have a question, do you think it would be overkill if I also added dungeons? If yes, do you think Eli should have some special dungeon access? Do you think it would destroy the balancing?

74