13. Things you shouldn’t know
52 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

..

.

"Swiip~ Hah~"

'There's nothing better than a warm cup of tea on the morning.'

I thought with a relaxed expression, as I looked down out at the window. It was early on the morning, too early to the point that some lazy nobles wouldn't even think of waking up.

 

With my usual relaxed expression I took a good look on the morning scenery, it was a normal day off in the academy. As usual, at the start of a weekend, the roads both inside and near the academy would be bustling with people.

Some were going to stay in their houses on the capital, while others would just enjoy the day and come back before the end of it, it was a normal occurrence.

'Though since 'I' came here 'I' barely ever got out of the academy.' - I thought holding a sigh.

Most of the students are happy with the days off, but not me Charles Croxus, the recluse bookworm!

You have a vacation? Too bad I'll spend my time reading, completly alone!

 

'Hehe, I can't blame 'myself' for this...'

'After all, a normal person wouldn't want to be near the last place you seen someone you really loved.'

'I guess...?'

 

"Swip~"

 

'Ahh, I just want to think less and see the capital with my own eyes.'

'Damn... why I have to wait a notice from the principal?'

It was a normal procedure in the academy, if you made trouble inside of it, you must wait a notice from the principal himself. Until
you talk with him, you aren't allowed outside the school grounds.

 

'Ah~ How good would it be, if could just lazy around the city, and think in a good plan slowly doing nothing.'

'I almost regret what I did yesterday.. nah, I never regret my decisions.'

'I'm already thinking it is a good thing to be here.'

 

"Heh, hehe."

'Maybe there was something wrong with my old body?'

'I'm pretty surprised I didn't have 'that' nightmar-'

 

"Oh."

I muttered with some surprise, as I looked through the reflection on the mirror. Standing more to my back, there was a tall grey haired man, he had dark grey eyes that were almost pitch black. That man was none other than my butler Reinard.

Differently from his bluish clothes from yesterday, today he was garbed with butler clothes that were darker on color. And the only thing that could truly differentiate him from butlers from other households, was that the red crest and patterns he had on his white cravat.

 

'A red snake squeezing a white crown, huh...'

That was simply the crest from the Croxus household, a household constituted of only one man.

 

"Good morning, Reinard."

 

He was opening his mouth, but before he could say something I greeted him, sipping my tea calmly. But diffently of my calm facade, in the truth I was really happy.

'Heh! Hehe! You bastard, look at your surprised face!!'

'By my memories, I'm sure you enjoy surprising me to death.. heh!'

'Haha, You won't surprise me so easily again!'

 

"Cough, cough! Y-yes, good morning young master."

"You slept well?"

 

"Hmm~"

Hearing this question I nodded my head briefly. Soon after I hummed in agreement I started walking to the direction of the kitchen.

 

"Yes, I did."

"But... I suppose you didn't?"

I asked seeing the dark circles under his eyes, they weren't really that noticeable, but the signs of lack of sleep were there.

 

"Hehe, I might not have slept well, but don't worry!"

"As a butler I'm trained to be awake three entire days without rest!" - He  said patting his chest proudly

'Hmm? That's a horrible!'

'You are prepared to work overtime, why you are so proud man?'

 

"Haaaah~"

'What a workaholic bastard~'

 

"Want some warm tea, Rein?"

I asked with my most gentle smile, thinking on how I would probably put this crazy butler to overwork as soon I could. Shaking my head lightly, I carefully organized the porcelain tea set that was always kept inside my kitchen.

"Well, it must be lukewarm by now though."

 

"..."

 

"Uhm, so.. want it?"

I asked him again as he just stood there with an annoying moved expression on his face.

 

"Y-yes, young master!"

'It's just some tea, why he sounds so happy??'

'What's up with this guy?'

 

"Haaah~"

I could only shake my head again seeing his strange behavior.

'More importantly, ignoring this weird butler...'

'It feels good to be rich!'

 

I thought sincerely, as I looked at the expensive looking tea cup on my hand. It had a white color as it was made of porcelain, and like the entirety of the set, it had red flowerly patterns.

And then to add there was the final touch, everything on the set had golden colored patterns, these patterns were made from real gold.

'It wasn't like I was poor when I died, but...'

'Ah~'

'It feels good to be rich without working~'

 

"Clank!~" - The sound of a cup hitting lightly the wood reverberated the room.

 

"Here it is."

 

"Thank you, young master!"

 

"Hmm."

'I know that 'Charles' didn't like to tell things to, Reinard...'

'But how the hell he hid the fact that every morning he did tea?'

'And he hid it for almost three years why...?'

 

"Ah!"

Reinard exclaimed in a low tone, and started to rummage his clothes, taking a paper from his pocket.

"I almost forgot, here young master, a letter arrived for you."

 

"Hmm~ Thank you."

I unhurriedly took the dark blue letter from his hand, and opened it.

And what was written there was...

 

[ Invitation to the principal's office ]

Student, Charles Croxus, from the moment you read this letter, you are hereby summoned to the principal's office.

You are supposed to be there atmost few minutes after the first bell on the morning.

Keep in mind that unwarned absences will be punished heavily.

Tenth day of october of 1015 according to the Issbal calendar.

[ Signed, Principal Albus C. ]

'Hahaha~  The letter is almost the same as the one on the novel, the principal is using copy pasta?'

 

"Hmm~"

"Hey were you invited too, Reinard?"

 

"..."

For some unknown reason he seemed to be a bit sad, yet without much delay he answered.

 

"Yes, young master."

 

"Okay then, after you drink the tea let's go."

I said fully prepared to sit and wait for some time, but I didn't even had the chance as, Reinard said quickly, with a happy expression.

 

"There's no need, I already finished it!"

'Huh, That's fast.'

 

"Oh, okay, wait here for a bit then."

I muttered, after all I had to yet fully change my clothes, as I still wearing one of my most 'comfortable' clothes, a white dress shirt, that thankfully had few frills.

As I was walking to my room, I suddenly remembered a important thing.

'Now that I think about it, I didn't use appraisal on Reinard.'

'Man, it's hard to get used to this.'

 

And so without thinking much I activated the skill... that maybe I shouldn't have.

 

[ SKILL APPRAISAL ACTIVATED ]

[ YOU FEEL THE HIDDEN CONTENTS SHOWING UP ]

 

[ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ]             

Personal Information                        

[ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ]             

                                                                                                 

Name: Reinard 'Aindhart' Laguz                                                         

Age: 17                                                                                   

Titles: Head butler of Venius, Assassin, Pawn of the Dark Brotherhood                               

Bloodline: Remains of Akshul                                                         

                                                                                                   

[ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ] 

Body Skills                                   

[ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ] 

                                                                                                 

Swordsmanship - proficiency: A                                         

Mana control - proficiency: B+                                               

Bloodline magic - proficiency: A+                                           

Torture - proficiency: C-

Ghostly presence - proficiency: B-   
                                 
Heritage of the ghost - proficiency: A-                                                     
                                   

                                                                                                 

[ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ] 

 

And at that moment, I knew I was f*cked up.

 

4