1.02 The boring tutorial
90 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“All new recruits, come to the registration office.”

Goro and other new players thought to group up from their looks, but as the shout entered their ears a prompt appeared in their front.

Quest[Tutorial]: To start your journey in the world of Dionvalem, all tamers should first learn the basic survival skills before going out. Warning: This quest is mandatory.

Rewards:100experience, 1 weapon of choice and unlock beast glossary.

Looking at the quest rewards, Goro understood the importance of the quest, the experience and the weapon itself were not that important, it was the glossary. In a game where they need to hunt monsters in abundance, a glossary that can maintain information about hunted monster can help a lot in future hunts.

Well I guess I should join the tutorial.”Though Goro, before laughing loudly much to the surprise of the new player who were still adapting to their new body.

“I the great Goro join Tutorial?… If not for my respect of you system, I would have crushed you for your insolence, but as you have sent me to this new world to conquer I will listen to you this once.” Goro laughed while crushing the air with his hands.

The players around him were weird out by the sudden change in personality and aura of Goro. There were still players who were spawning around him, but Goro didn’t care as he gave the other players haughty look before striding toward the registration office.

“Guess a hardcore role player will be in my batch, better stay away from him, don’t want to consume cringe.” A small Ravkas player named BuntyBomb spoke as he followed after Goro while maintaining some distance, though it was hard for him to walk at start due to such bizarre change in his physiology, but he adapted soon. He can understand why the tutorial was needed.

The same was true for Goro, who although acted proud and mighty was taking small steps so as to not fall down. The center of mass of this body was all over the place, even the horn on his head caused some pressure on his head. It will take a while to adapt to it.

Unlike these demi human players, the human players didn’t suffer as much as they easily bypassed the non-human players easily.

And Goro, true to his character never gave them a single look as they bypassed him easily with stable steps. He kept walking at a slow pace as he had all the time in the world and even when he adapted to his body a little, he didn’t break his older speed and reached the registration booth after 2 players had already registered before him.

“Another Dromasa huh… well the more the better I guess. Here first register your name and start entering the training room on the back. Its the one with an iron bull on its plaque.” The man said as he stamped Goro’s identification on an iron card and handing it to him.

“Keep this safe, this will be useful when you think to join a guild in the future.” The officer suffested as he shoved the card into his hand.

“Thank you si…. Thank you Human.” Goro used his normal voice out of habit as he was lost due to how natural the NPC felt to him, but he fixed it mid way. While thinking how real the world felt.

If in future it turned out this world is real, he won’t even be surprised.

“Yeah yeah… now go.”

Goro following the officers instructions entered room with the bull insignia and found himself in a huge training grounds, some players were already doing the tutorial quest before him while some pioneer trainers were looking at them with disdain.

The tutorial quest was divided in 3 parts, the first was made to get used to the new body and was an obstacle run. Completing it 5 times will earn a completion rating.

The second was just a knowledge based where the trainer taught some basic recipes of food and items useful when hunting in the wild.

The third was the most important as it provided a player with a starting weapon of choice and a basic combat art to suit that weapon.

As for armor, most players spawned with different set of basic armor that changed based on race and region, so the pioneer guild didn’t provide any.

“Legend of Goro Skullmasher begins.” Goro laughed but he didn’t approach the first instructor yet.

Instead he started doing elementary exercises he recalled from his school assembly. He was not in hurry, he was on a vacation of 6 months, though the first month was used up with his family, but a non-stop gaming for the next 5 months was a lot of time compared to others who had daily jobs and with time dilation of 1:4, he had at the very least 18 months after deducting time for his food intake and physical exercises in real world.

Those that directly went for the first check were struggling a lot, stumbling over obstacles and ruining their try and wasting stamina.

Some players who came after Goro and noticed him exercising first before the test started to follow his footsteps.

“Great idea Mr Goro.” Buntybomb was among those that came later. Looking at other struggling players and Goro’s idea, he can’t help but compliment him even though he still considered Goro a bit cringe.

“Oh, Puny insect from outside… you seem to know how to talk.” Goro replied as he stopped his exercises and looked at Buntybomb, player can identify each other through a blue 2d triangle floating over their head and the only way to find a players name was either if a player makes it public, if they attack you or they send you friend request.

*cringe.. Can you cut that, how about we talk normally.” Buntybomb said as he approached Goro, and started to do his own exercises, though due to his small stature, he stumble way more often than Goro.

“What do you mean little insect?” Goro acted ignorant with a confused face and a small smirk that he tried hard to hide.

Buntybomb was not offended by Goro calling him an insect, looking at Goro’s ugly smirk he just sighed and shook his head. He was like Goro once, before he started finding his old habits a bit cringy hence abandoning them.

“Goro, you seem pretty old from your voice, don’t you find it even a little embarrassing?” Buntybomb tried to reach him again. The game had the function of modifying the voice a bit normally and that with racial status an individuals voice may change by huge margin compared to reality, but it can’t hide the effect of puberty on a voice.

“Embarrased?… this is how my ancestors talked puny insect. And its fun.” Goro proudly said while breaking his character in the last line. His own roleplay along with his racial voice modification gave him a suppressing heavy voice, but it had no effect on the little Ravka player. “Goro suggests puny insect to follow the dialect of its ancestors too.”

“No great Goro, I am fine with the way I talk already. Lets just focus on tutorial.”

After saying that Buntybomb went silent and just focused on his exercises. Goro felt a bit bad for annoying a man with good intentions, so he just sent a friend request stealthily and also resumed his own exercises.

-Request accepted by Buntybomb.

Goro smiled at this notification, but didn’t say anything, he can figure out the kind of person Buntybomb was. And he planned to party with him in early levels if Buntybomb doesn’t have any friends.

He was going a close combat path, he needed a support who looked out for him during combat.

So partying with a man who understood him was better than those that stayed away from him but still copied his simple idea of exercise.

“Ho, ho!! A party of Dromrasa and Ravkas, you don’t see this everyday.” The NPC instructor of the first test commented.

“Goro doesn’t discriminate and I can’t let this small fellow called Bunty alone or it will be squished.” Goro claimed as he struck his chest with his fist.

“What he said..” Bunty relented and replied as he pointed his thumb at Goro.

“Well good luck on that I guess, now for the first go run 5 laps of the obstacle course, The Dromrasa can do the normal run and as for you Ravka, you guys don’t need to complete jump obstacles but other obstacles need to be completed… you both only have 30 mins, so chop chop.” the Trainer said as he whistled starting the quest.

-Quest update: Tutorial [1/3]

Complete the obstacle course in the established time. 29:58 m:s

Both got the same time restriction but not same training, due to small stature of Ravka, they were given a bit leeway on the obstacles that required jumping

The quest of theirs went pretty well for Goro, after getting used to his new body earlier through exercises, the immense boost of the stats made the run easy for him. Though on the other side, Bunty struggled even with the handicapped test. It was not that he fell often like earlier players, instead it was his lack of stamina that held him back.

He was going a Guide path so he didn’t put much into any of his physical stats.

After Bunty’s barely passed the test in the first round, the two went to the second test, which was easy as the trainer only taught them basic dishes and they only needed to show the trainer their skills in creating a tent and cooking that the two easily passed.

Though Bunty laughed a little as he chided Goro by saying “Oh Great Goro is so careful in his cooking, you will find a good husband one day.” But Goro didn’t retort and just endured, he was planning his revenge in the future.

-Quest update: Tutorial[3/3]

Learn how to wield weapon of your choice.

“Now we are at the good parts, Let’s see which weapon is lucky enough to be wielded by the great Goro.” Even when alone, Goro maintained his character as he mused over the weapons.

But after looking at the catalogue in the armory, he still chose a spear in the end. It can act as a long range and close range weapon depending on the circumstances and it was easy to use too.

Though he lacked some agility and a heavy weapon would have suited him better, he still chose the spear.

“Bunty seems to be in the other room with long range instructor.” Goro thought after not finding Bunty anywhere near him.

Knowing that he will find him soon, Goro moved toward the training area after picking up the heaviest spear he could find.

<Weapon: Crude Iron Spear[Heavy]>

Attack: 4-10

Remark: A heavy spear not suitable for combat, spear apprentice use it for training only.

An apprentice in this world was someone between level 10-20, so it can already be seen what kind of weapon weapon Goro was thinking of wielding.

“Teacher, Goro is ready for learning.”

The Spear trainer gave Goro a surprise look, he was surprised to see the spear he used to train with was in the hands of the Dromrasa warrior and he seemed to wield it perfectly fine without any struggle.

But as an instructor he still warned, but Goro just ignored the suggestion while scratching his back with the spear, according to him the great Goro can’t back down from any challenge.

“Well up to you then, now back to the training, I will be teaching you the foundational spear arts. I will only do each move 1 time and won’t repeat, if you forget something just look at the walls, the technique has been inscribed on that.”

The whole foundational spear arts consisted of only 10 basic moves, which had everything from movements to basic spear attacks and defense. From a simple stab on the first movement to vertical stab that forced the user to use its whole weight in the air and stab below after jumping.

After the show was over, Goro was left alone with some dummies, he needed to do each all the steps 10 times to pass, meaning a total of 100 steps.

And that too 100 successful steps. Though there was the help of the system that showed all the steps on a side screen to help the player and even adjusted the players move so that they get used to the weapon more easily.

He now understood what it felt like to cheat in an exam. And he gladly accepted it.

After his steps were over, his combat art menu was empty no more.

Race: Dromrasa

Hit points: 150

Lvl: 1[0/500]

Companion beast: None

Traits: <Brute mind><Glutton>
FSP: 0

Talent

Stat points

Strength

9+1[10]

Agility

7

Constitution

9+1[10]

Spirituality

5

Mana

5

Skill Slots: [Empty]
Beast Arts: [None]

Combat Arts: <Foundational Spear arts>[0.1%]

The percentage beside the foundational spear arts were proficiency meter, increasing it will not only decrease his stamina usage, but also increase his damage and efficiency. And when one reaches 100%, a player can gain an automatic upgrade.

But that is far off for now, at the moment Goro felt exhilarated, he felt with the right build, he can mimic these moves in real life if he wanted, he just needed more training and build up muscle If he dreams to do the same in real life.

“Lets go and complete this quest at last.”

The last part of Tutorial 3 was mock combat with the instructor, like in all games one usually goes through, but this time, he will be fighting with his own body instead of clicking some buttons.

“Imma crush some skulls today.” Goro proudly said as he strides toward the combat arena.

5