1.01 Creating character
102 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hello, mummy. Yeah, yeah! I reached my room just fine, so don’t worry. I worked on seas for months so this is nothing.” Jirou facepalmed as he apologized, he had forgotten o notify his family that he reached his room and just when he was getting ready to jump in to play the game he had dream of for the last 8 months, his mother called.

-I know you are all grown up, but at east don’t ignore your family, we worry here too. You don’t know how worried I was when you went to……

Jirou just listened to his mother’s emotional rant for 15 mins straight before he was able to make her put down the phone.

“Aah, stupid jirou…” Jirou cursed at his own foolishness.

“Lets setup up the accounts first before anything more happens.” The account setup was easy, all it needed was your phone number and marking down your address. This was all for security measures for the player, if something bad happens while playing the game, the console will notify the family and the hospital closest to this place and while in game, a player can receive messages too.

So Jirou filled in the information at a fast pace before settling down in the capsule.

- Welcome to Dionvalem, the world of beast and tamers.

A nominal introduction of the world begun in front of him, in the introduction he looked at the world from the perspective of a flying creature as a female narrator told the history about the world.

- The world of Diovalem was sent into chaos after the 2nd beast resurgence, in which beast and monsters started dropping from sky portals in abundance causing the civilization to collapse.

As the narration continued, Jirou saw how a highly advanced civilization fell to ruins by the constant attacks of mountain sized monsters that ravaged the whole city.

- During these testing times, the beast tamers, guides and hunters awaken held the power to control the savage beast and use their power to fight off the invading beast securing the land for what was left of the old civilizations.

The scene changed to a battlefield, as mountain of monsters were slayed by teams of monsters and humanoid beings. It looked a one sided battle, but Jirou can asses who will win between suicidal beast and monster that had no end and a bunch of the humanoid warriors who looked tired and riddled with injuries.

The graphics seem pretty good.” Even though it looked a serious and desperate scene, Jirou just marveled at the beauty and realistic graphics of the game he was going to soon play. He focused mainly on the humanoid races that were fighting in the war, his eyes shifting from one hero to another. He had already read some guides and knew the specs of each races, but as someone who loved to roleplay, he was looking at the hero that gave the most outstanding impression.

And he had something in his mind already.

- Its been 10 years since the portals of the beast world collapsed after the sacrifice of the Heroes and the reclamation effort for the land occupied by the land has begun once again.

Jirou eyes brightened as he flew over bodies of the so called heroes who died side by side with their companion beast, it didn’t look dirty or horrific as one might have assumed, instead it felt calm and beautiful as all who were dead had a small smile on their lips. They were happy to sacrifice their life for this world.

Even some beast companions who survived mourned the death of their master by protecting their bodies.

This told jirou enough that even though he will be fighting and cutting beast in abundance in future, he needed to treat his own companion beast properly.

- You are a pioneer whose job is reclaim the land that is now occupied by the remaining beast that were left and adapted to this world.

Jirou flew toward a giant tree and he was able to notice the shadow of the being that he shared his vision with all this time. It was not a dragon as he had assumed previously, but looked more like a bird. And as the bird perched on top of the gigantic tree. He knew what kind of bird it was after his vision disconnected and he was able to see the bird from his own eyes.

A mother fucking giant owl. Were these devs on concain?” Jirou laughed, the owl was normal, a bit too normal and plain, but understanding the lore of the game. Jirou understood that this owl is some legendary beast in it. But he was still a bit disappointed at the look, the beast and monsters he saw till now were grand a vivid, but this owl in front of him was nothing alike.

While he was making fun of the design choice of the owl, Jirou was dragged into the sky not noticing the owl make an annoyed face at him.

- Please select your race.

Race played an important part in the game, depending on your race and place of origin one can gain a passive trait also called racial trait and depending on how one plays the game, it can change the gameplay by a huge margin.

As for races, beside Humans, there were the Turuks who were green skinned forest dwelling creatures with agile feet, the Dromrasa who were mountain giants that lived in small warrior clans, the Wurtag that ruled the seas and had a religion based society, the Ravkas who were like dwarfs with less hair and more scales while living underground and technologically advanced compared to other races.

It was said that the first Beat tamer was a Ravkas who found a way to link the beings of two different world together.

And as usual, the most popular races among players were Humans and Turuks, who according to a human’s beauty standards were good looking. While the rest shared the player pool equally.

Jirou as someone who loved to role play already had something in his mind.

“I will select Dromrasa from Krumat plains.” Jirou answered after looking at the options, Krumat plain will change his options for a passive racial trait to some extent. Dromrasa had 3 racial traits to choose from which were Beastly body, Soul healer and brute mind and each will change some of his multiplier from the default ones.

-Please set your looks.

Jirou knew this part was going to take some time, the dromrasa were famous for their horns and overtly muscled body, so jirou thought to take this to extreme.

His place of origin that was Krumat had set his skin color to a permanent red, all Jirou can do was change its hue to a bit. And he did, going as far as the game allowed, his skin getting darker by the minute. Even on his face he added a long scar on his right eye and canine teeth that were sticking out of his lips a bit.

As for his horns, he went even more extreme and opting for a sharp horn that stuck out of his forehead. As for tattoos, he didn’t select any.

He knew that the best tattoos were found in game and he can get save some money on tattoo removal this wa.

As fro the face itself, Jirou didn’t touch much and let the game input his original face with some minor alterations.

-Please select select your stats.

Race: Dromrasa

Hit points: 110

Lvl: 1[0/500]

Companion beast: None

Traits:
FSP: 10

Talent

Stat points

Strength

5+1[6]

Agility

5

Constitution

5+1[6]

Spirituality

5

Mana

5

Skill Slots: [Empty]
Beast Arts: [None]

Combat Arts: [None]

A small stat window appeared in front of Jirou with his bonus from his race already applied, seeing it and matching with the memory from the guides he read, he first went to the traits and chose his racial trait of Brute mind.

<Brute mind>: Years of negligence of your studies have made you stupid, but as you used that time to fight you have become good at combat. -20% on all of mental stats[Spirituality and mana]: Gain 20 % bonus on Strength and constitution, 10% boost on agility. Krumat Multiplier: The Dromrasa from krumat are known for their agility, you gain an additional 10% boost to your agility.

Jirou understood that Mana and spirituality were considered pretty important stat in the game, Mana was useful while using Skills and Spirituality for controlling your beast and doing beast arts. Using a trait like this will be considered a handicap for a player, even in guides people said to not touch traits that decreased your spirituality or mana.

But Jirou didn’t mind, as the game won’t provide trait like that if it makes the game hard, people have just not find the correct way to utilize the trait properly. And if for some reason he fails his build, he can restart a new character or join a guild where his weakness can be patched up by companions.

Next was his personal trait and Jirou went with something generic, He chose Glutton trait.

<Glutton>: You grew up eating whatever you craved. So you get hungry twice as fast and when feeling hungry your stamina regenerates 4 times slower and you gain 10% decrease in constitution and agility. But when you are satiated, you your defense is increased by 20% and your stamina regenerates 2 times faster.

Jirou was going with a complete combat build, he was going to roleplay as a true barbarian in game, it was the only way his frustrations that accumulated for the 6 months on the brig could be relieved.

In the stats, he just threw 4 stats in both strength and constitute and the last 2 in the agility.

Race: Dromrasa

Hit points: 150

Lvl: 1[0/500]

Companion beast: None

Traits: <Brute mind><Glutton>
FSP: 0

Talent

Stat points

Strength

9+1[10]

Agility

7

Constitution

9+1[10]

Spirituality

5

Mana

5

Skill Slots: [Empty]
Beast Arts: [None]

Combat Arts: [None]

Looking at his simple stat window, Jirou clicked next after being satisfied with his stats.

At level up all the talents will gain +1 to the stats, it was a growth modifier that was same for everyone till level 10 after which this will be boosted by classes one gains at level 10. Before level 10 a player is class less.

Though the major classes of among the tamers can be divided into two parts, the guides and the hunters.

Guides main force of fighting were their beast while they fought from the back while in a hunter, it was the opposite with a tamer being the main fighting force while its beast companions giving support.

But this was overall distinctions, depending on the class, one can learn different Combat or beast arts. So classes knowledge about classes was a lot rare on the net for free, more knowledge Jirou knew about were about the basic classes one can easily get, not the rare ones.

-Please enter your username, its suggested to use an immersive name as NPCs will use your real name in the game.

Jirou ignored the list of suggestion on the Dromrasa names that filled his screen, he was going to play a barbaric character and he wrote the name he had planned since before.

“Goro Skullthrasher.” Jirou proudly called, getting in the role of the character already.

-Please choose your starting location.

Depending on starting region, a characters build will differ due to different combat and beast arts or even the skills one obtains, so starting was very important. Jirou can go with the trial and tested older starting locations, but due to the theme of the game, older starting locations keep shutting down after pioneer area keeps getting pushed by player inch by inch.

At the moment, there were 4 new starting areas and the older ones also seemed close to death.

Meaning most of the monster in those areas were already hunted by players, so Jirou thought to jump into the newest starting location that has been opened, meaning there will be more opportunities.

“Lets see, Kieshan camp seems to be the newest one if I remember correct.” Jirou selected the camp feeling jovial, he had been waiting to play this game for 8 months now and now he was 1 click away from it.

And the moment he clicked on it, Jirou’s conscious was sucked into the body of Goro as everything around him went blurry.

It was a horrible feeling and as Jirou was not ready for it, it hurt his head for a bit. And as he struggled to come back to his senses, he found himself in the center of a small town.

-“Welcome to Dionvalem, good luck on your adventure Tamer.”

Jirou was left speechless, the game was a bit too realistic for his taste. He tried pinching his hand, feeling a light pain on it.

“This… they said it on the advertisement and reviews, but this really feels truly like a new world.” Goro’s gigantic figure gawked at everything around him, he marveled at the technology that came this far. After looking around and noticing some other players who were as surprised as him, Goro waved at them and the new players also waved with a laugh.

7