Chapter: 3
972 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter: 3 Black Renegade and a Red Maiden

Combined
___

THE SUN ROSE up above the sky as the morning came. Morning bells rang as the two’s mother called for them below the stairs, waking up the two sleeping twins from their deep, peaceful slumber. The solace of the two was broken as the bright sun loomed down under the nooks of their wooden house. A cold gust of wind blew through the windows, cooling the sleepy twins. They then closed the windows to stop the cold morning air from the entering the room and changed clothes to start their day off.

Tina, the main character (self-proclaimed) along with her other body, Kris, rose up first to collect the comb that they would use to straighten their curly hairs. And Kris, to arrange their messy beddings alongside with preparing their morning necessities.

Tucking the layers of sheets below the pillows neatly, Kris sat down in a chair that was prepared by Tina beforehand as Tina proceeds to arrange Kris’s hair into a neat style that wouldn’t hinder her movements too much, and of course, For looks. Kris’s hair was just about at shoulder length and as smooth as silk that scattered the light like a mirror because of her shiny crystal white hair.

Placing a simple red pin on the left side of her front hair, Tina Finished arranging Kris’s hair, she sat down on the chair where Kris sat first and Kris began to arrange Tina's hair right after. Both arranged their hairs in a bun with a metal stick to hold their hairs secure in place. Then after the two were done fixing themselves, Tina extended her arms to reach for a drawing just a feet away from her position to collect a matching piece of hair pin like Kris’s were, albeit it was colored Blue.

Both had the same hairstyles, and even look. All the more, the only thing that separated the two was Kris’s obvious blue hat like that of a witch. With strings attached in the edges, a blue crystal hung below the visor, surrounding her hat in a full circle.

Meanwhile, Tina only has her Blue hair pin that classifies her, as her, and her red eyes.

Both wore a pair of matching set of clothes, a loose T-shirt made out of cotton and a black flair skirt with White edges that resembles a pattern of a diamond, Although Kris wore a simple blouse instead of their usual dress code. Under her blouse was a simple white one piece dress that matched her hair color, white, under her cartwheel hat like the hat of a witch.

A while or so, Both of the twin sisters came down from the stairs and immediately helped attend their mother at work; Tina, sweeping the floor with a broom and Kris, folding sheets of dried clothes that they had been hung yesterday.

“”Good morning Mama” Mother” said both of them.
“Good morning you two” answered their mother, “ Have you two slept well this night?” questioned their mother in relaxing smooth tone full of motherly love.

“”Yes”” answered both back with a refreshing smile; Tina with her glistering white teeth and Kris with her slightly curved lips, Pretending to smile alongside with her other Twin body.

“Hey Kris and Tina, Have you heard from your big sister lately?” Questioned mother as she wiped the plates she had just washed.
“”We haven’t “” answered both of the twins at the same time. A look of confusion appeared in their faces as they tilted their heads sideways, signaling themselves clueless to their mother.

“Oh well. If you two see her, please remind me okay?”
“”Yes” as you wish mother”

“Oh well” their mother caressed her cheeks as she placed down the plates she had held and arranged them into four.
“Your father is coming to visit us today” Winked mother, Tina feeling excited, jumped in excitement and with her eyes now full of stars. Kris meanwhile, just went out of her way to bring out the chairs packed in the side of room and sat in her chair without preparing the other three.

“Behave properly okay?” warned mother as she shss-ed Tina whilst winking.
“Okay mama” Understood Mother” both answered differently, Tina excited and Kris uninterested.

After that, Tina helped her mother prepare for breakfast whilst they waited for her father to come home, meanwhile Kris just sat with a plate in front, holding a spoon and fork and both hands, ready to chow down at any moment given with a blank face.

Then, just as they were to sit down the door opened with a creak and a familiar voice greeted from the door.

“I’m Home” a familiar voice spoke in the front of the house. Tina as if knowing who it were immediately rushed out of the kitchen and greeted the person in front of the door, their father with a big bright smile. 1 AT: Fatherly love?

Seeing this, father’s heart melted like a chocolate seeing his daughter once again greeting him lovingly.

“Welcome home Papa!” shouted Tina as she buried her face into her father’s clothing and hugged him tightly. 2 AT: Tch. 
“I’m home Tina “laughed father as he ruffled Tina’s hair, making it once again messy, ruining her hair style.
“are you behaving well?” questioned father, but Tina answered with a big cute Pout “Humph!” at her father as her cheeks swelled like a balloon.

“Yes” Answered back from Tina trying to get out of her father’s grasps quickly before he squeezes her with his strong arm as he hugged Tina back. But as if he had known this development, he hugged his daughter tightly and carried her along on a shoulder ride to the kitchen where the rest of the family was.

“Welcome Home Dear” mother said whilst collecting his baggage.
“Hi”

“Mm Welcome back father” Kris, still seated and with a plate in front of her now filled with their morning breakfast said so.
“How are you Kris”
“nn, Fine” Kris answered looking uninterestedly back. 3 (Gil: damn, that must've hurt his feelings) (AT: maybe, it looked cute though)

After that, all of the members of the family, Kris included, sat down and ate their breakfast whilst they chat, their mother had already prepared for their breakfast as they ate a lavish meal.Then when they were done eating, Tina helped her mother wash the dishes and Kris sat down in the living room and started knitting.

Under the naked eye, all they could see is Kris knitting a small blanket out of yarns by only opening her hands and closing them. While under a special ‘eye’ what looked like a funny exercise, now is just maddening process of knitting each thread by moving each, more smaller magic threads she had been perfecting to improve her ‘eyes’ ,

A special technique she only can and could perform, Argen, Gods view.

With her inability to see since childhood, her only way of seeing from then was to rely using her other body’s eyesight to live, but now that under extensive training since birth she had developed techniques several of magnitude complexity than what you would call a normal magic in this world.

Each fine thread interweaved like a spider thread, forming a bigger thread with a diameter of a several nanometers thick. Each was a fine work, a masterpiece no one could reproduce except its creator, KrisTina.

Anyway, after that their father left the living room with a big sword in his waist whilst covered in what looks like a light weight armor and leather equipment, heavily armed to the brim he headed out from the entrance without a word said.

***

As the time passed by and clouds changed, carried by the winds up above the bright blue sky, Vivi visited KrisTina’s house shortly after their father had left home, then followed Albert next to her. Tina received the two as the four friends enjoyed their morning time as they went out on a small hike just in the outer edges of their village where there was a beautiful small garden only the four of them knew about, lay beneath in a layer of an arrangement of colors on the river bed.

A spectacle to be beheld as a hoard of Colorful roses bloomed and flew across the river bed by the calm wind from up in the stream and in the shallow flowing waters.

There was a small spot where a small hut was built into the hull of a gigantic tree. It was complete with a door and a pair of windows, alongside with a small drying rack for wood and shed containing random items they have collected and brought along.

Arriving, the two rested while on the small wooden stools around in a big stump of dead tree cut in its very roots in the middle as a makeshift table. The ceiling high as a chandelier hung up above and shelves containing books of different eras and authors.

*** [Time skip 4 I don’t know too. let’s just assume it’s a different day ]?

Hmm where did sister go? Tina pondered deeply She hasn’t had gone come and yet, what had happened to her? Feeling nervous Kris & Tina walked side by side as they gaze in the flowers that they had grown themselves. Tina picked up a watering can while Kris used a shovel to dig more holes for plants to be planted later on and mended the pathway as well.

I guess nothing I could do for now huh? Sighed Tina. Meanwhile, a familiar boy with blonde hair visited their little garden, bringing an assortment of wooden tools and a peculiar black blade in his back.

Tina, noticing Albert’s entrance lowered her watering can and prepared 3 sets of chairs for her and Al to seat, the extra is for Kris later on.

“Hey I brought something I found at the back of the workshop. Want to see them?” Albert said as he lowered his things on the ground and sat on the chairs that Tina had just prepared for them to sit on.

“What did you bring this time huh? Albert” questioned Tina as she loomed over Albert straight in the eyes. Feeling intimidated, Albert lowered his line of sight and looked at the thing he brought.

Albert grinned as he un-wrapped a thin, Black blade just as tall or tall as Tina. Its hilt was filled and surrounded with different kinds of assortment of designs and unknown symbols. It was with without its scabbard, only a cloth that covered its entirety.

“A discarded weapon? “Asked Tina.
“Nope, my father said that he didn’t need anything from the junk pile. So I got ahead and collected them myself “Albert said as he puffed his chest.

Meanwhile, Albert’s father was franticly worrying back in work shop without Albert’s knowledge 5 AT: its fine. . . I’m going to get a comeback in the next , next chapter (5) ;-; . I've had enough rewrites on this piece that it has broken my natural writing

Albert then handed the thin sword to Tina as it shone its black tinted colored metal. And just as when Tina was about to Touch the handle, the sword reacted, giving a faint sheen as it brushed towards out of its current cloth cover. Tina felt something, something alive within the sword giving her a more suspicious image for the sword all the more.

“You sure your father didn’t needthis because it wasCursed? “Tina pointed at the sword.
“Nothing in particular “shrugged Albert.
“Then what is this sword about? I heard that there is recent production boom of magic swords from the Capital recently. Is this somehow related to that?”

The current cause of the boom was due to the new discovery of a dungeon that suddenly appeared amidst an Exploration conducted by the duchess. It was located in the middle of the great forest that boarded the kingdom and the Empire, located in the west.

Though, thankfully the dungeon in question was closer to Altair than the empire, which in turn made adventures flock within the continent into the kingdom,the place where KrisTina was born at.

“Hmm I think it might be just disregarded sword huh? Poor sword. . . “Lamented Albert.
“It might just be as you have said” Affirmed Tina with a Nod.
“I think it might be also due to the increase of monsters around in our area Tina. “ Kris said as she came out of the bush holding a shovel in her hands with a dirty face.

“Ehhh!? Wash your face Kris! “Tina shouted looking somewhat surprised, whilst Albert sat there, flabbergasted at the sudden entrance of Kris. Meanwhile, a head with green emerald hair poked out from the place where Kris made her entrance.

Tina then quickly got into work and brought a pail bucket filled with water that came from the river near their garden.
“Thank you Tina” Kris patted Tina’s head.
“You’re welcome” Tina happily said so as she indulged herself to Kris’s actions.

“Hello everyone~ “Vivi happily said so.
“Hello Vivi “seemingly, still happy, Tina answered calmly. In response Vivi puffed her cheeks like a hamster eating and filling its mouth full of foods. All the more, Vivi pouting only made her cuter in their eyes and everyone but except Kris Laughed.

“What are you guys doing? “ Questioned vivi.
“Well, Albert here found this left out weapons on the back of their workshop he said” Tina answered.
“Fufu As usual, Albert would bring out his trinkets and show it to us. “Laughed Vivi

“Hey it’s not my fault that it’s all just laying around okay?!” Albert barked back looking whilst annoyed and embarrassed.
“It’s just like you albert” Whispered Kris in a smooth tone.

All their exchanges went back and forth after a while then went silent all of a sudden as a strong wind blew past them like a gale. It created a vortex of wind tunnels and made the leaves that hung on the bushes sway madly like a prey trying to get out of the predator’s hand.

Vivi’s hair rustled and deformed, Tina’s one piece clothes almost flipped and Albert’s shirt turned upside-down. Kris meanwhile, sat unsurprised and calmly brushed back her deformed hair.

“What was that” Kris stood up from her seat, looked beyond and analyzed the vicinity. Although Kris suffered body dysfunction, where as her eyes doesn’t work in any normal ways she developed her own techniques and refined them into a plane only she could manifest, “Argen” the name of the technique, unique to her and her eyes. 

In a spur, webs extended from her fingers and wrapped the area whole like a spider’s web. The whole entirety was just like her eyes, she knew what she dealing with so she used any necessary ways to do them, hence activating a higher tier of her technique the ‘Arhen’ from Argen. Kris’s mark glowed with a faint low light, in her right eye.

The web was invisible to their naked eyes, except Tina’s eyes that could very well see due to her matching Mark just like Kris’s, in her left eye. Unlike Kris, Tina cannot use any magic whatsoever due to her mark’s abilities, annulment.

One of her mark’s blessing. At the ceremony where it was all held, the reason why she was marked as a failure was because no one at the church could identify the mark on her left eye. Others thought of it as a curse and pitied Tina. But to her, it was a blessing, a gift, it was that thanks to it that she is able to perform so much more than what a human could do. 6 AT: aight, gill was correct, it is hard to read. I’ll stop this text blabbering and move on Lol  Gil: I told ya so. K I fixed it

Anyway, Just as when Kris activated her magic technique a figure with red hair passed by running at full speed wearing what looks like a military outfit, clamoring in extravagant lightweight amour. Though, With Tina’s little secret she was able to confirm who just went running pass them.

“Ah its Big sister Abel” Claimed Kris, While the rest gave an ‘O’ response except Tina.
“Then shouldn’t we run after her?” said Albert, as he readily sheathed a piece of sword from one of the many he brought with him ready to start running.
“Mm its fine, she’s almost as strong as papa” Exclaimed Kris.

Their papa, Or should I say Father, was a strong Adventurer who conquered the hunting grounds with his superb techniques and unique fighting style. With his claymore, he swiftly, heavily and annihilated every bit of what’s left of his enemies right after he plummeted them to shreds. Nonetheless, His strength was famous not only in their village but in the whole kingdom as one of the few A rankers who is still alive as of today.

“I believe so then” Vivi, worriedly exhaled her worries from her mouth with a sigh.
“Though we might need to buckle up in case something or someone might creep up to us” Tina said as she grabbed the black blade from  its cloth casing.

And just as when she was just about to fully remove the cloth that covered it, it again, emitted a faint sheen. Then, as if it came out from a horror movie, the sword morphed right out of Tina’s hand and Clamped into Tina’s Right arm tightly, injuring her in the process as a blue glow much like the symbol from her left eye emitted in her palm in the injured hand.

“Mm…! What the hell is this thing!? “Shouted Tina as she horridly looked at Albert.
“Oh Shi- it so it really was cursed! I’ll call my uncle, I’ll be right back don’t worry!” said albert as his voice got thinner and thinner the farther he got away from the rest and into the village. 7 AT: classic! Lmao Gil: is it? do you know how many times I had to rewrite entire paragraphs!? huh!? AT: :nagatoroWhistle: Well, I didn’t recheck this part. Gommen.

The morphed sword was eating away Tina’s right arm at a very quick pace, but was saved thanks to Vivi and Kris, who was immediately moved when they saw Tina was in distress. The Morphed Sword However, like it just it had its own fill stopped moving entirely, shaping into a Black ominous scissor blade.

I think I wrote a different thing?

Tina: *sip* what have I become today?
Kris: ah im glad I have spider prowess

 

27