Side Chapter 2
1.3k 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Side Chapter: 2

It seems that I lost the file beforehand and I had to write everything again, trying to remember the key parts of the story I wrote, Sad days.

 

[start]- Body 2 POV

Spoiler

Kris Pov

[collapse]

Many days had passed since then. My body's condition has improved, but not to the point that I can move easily. Month-wise I’m still at my infancy stage where my muscles haven’t developed properly yet. Thinking about it, my precision in handling this energy inside of my body did improve thanks to that skill I got. Furthermore, the other thing is that I could also control ‘both’ of my bodies at the same time.

So theoretically, I could do multiple tasks at the same time, but I cannot do so with my current abilities. Once, I tried to manipulate both bodies at the same time but after that I got a really painful headache so bad I passed out and woke up the next morning. I just regret my actions.

Anyway, back to the point. My days passed peacefully whilst I practiced total control of this energy I now call magic. Yet nothing exciting had occurred as of this moment, so now I'm just bored right now, until a voice spoke in my head like last time.

I acquired something called [Energy flow]. After this I got a tad better in handling this magic, so I tested a couple things out while I was at it. For now, since this is a world of swords and magic, I’ll name this as “magic” since it already is. I did some experiments on this magic energy and tried various things, like releasing small pockets of magic energy outside of my body or trying to increase the amount of magic I currently had even further. 1 AT: for those who are confused, I moved the time a little bit back to the point where our MC got the skill and continued from then on.

As for that last one, well, I'm not greedy or anything, it’s for testing purposes okay? So I made a note in my head to increase my magic capacity amount every day, but I don’t even know how to. So well, just as they said, I’ll probably get used to it sooner or later. Anyway, the sun and the moon had exchanged places a couple of times in these few days.

I was trying to figure out new types of skill to control this energy. And I once exhausted my reserves in the process and passed out, only to wake up again the next day after.

And so back to the main topic, what if I release a huge lump of magic at once? I asked myself this question, and as soon as I had the resolve to test it out, I gathered all my meager amount magic then released it into the atmosphere. The result was devastating; I collapsed under my powerlessness and lost connection.

Still, the ‘me’ right now is currently conscious at my main body, since I could control both, but not at the same time. I had shut down all functions regarding to my main body and transferred my mind into this body, the girl with the white hair.

Other than that, this mysterious phenomenon is somehow related to this ‘soul’ of mine. Since I could transition my consciousness at both bodies at will, I called this [Soul Connection]. Funny enough, I may have my soul ripped apart during the process, is to what I theorized. Not that I know anything about this subject, but I don’t believe such things.

I also tested other things to know how this difficult body of mine moves.  Memories and sense of touch are also felt with my other body, which is then transferred to me, inside of the main body. Yet, complete control is not within my ability yet, so trying mirroring, I moved myself whilst moving my magic I improved the connection between both.

***

After my other body woke up, I did my own things and increased the difficulty in handling the energy, it became easier since then, but I’m not yet satisfied so I increased the difficulty once more combining it with the difficult task of controlling my other body.

Yet this boundary I called can’t be surpassed.  Intense pain struck my head and I passed out once again. This time both my bodies were knocked down and fell asleep. Once I woke up, mother and Sister were talking in front of me and were caring for me. Their hands were bigger than my little hands, and as they stroked me I moved my hand to touch theirs. Their attention changed into me and hugged me along with my other body.

Sorry, I tried to say. But I still can’t speak and neither do I know how to understand nor speak their unknown language. So in heart I tried to convey this message of mine by stroking their big hands. Their quarreling voices calmed down and silence dominated the whole room.

The presence of father I still don’t know showed up unexpectedly and confronted my other body. Since I don’t know what happened when I passed out, I swear in my heart to never worry them again. And once it all calmed down, they stayed in my room and made me sleep. Which I happily accepted and slept in my big soft comfy bed, covered in sheets of smooth as silk fabrics and fluffy as feather beddings. 

***

Spoiler

Still Kris POV

[collapse]

The next day passed, father left to who knows where and disappeared from the house. My inability to see currently is a pain in the ass so I tried to moderately experiment various things out. I pondered for a while and thought of something good. To create a kind of ‘barrier’ to see, I built a small membrane to coat my body and released. The end results were a failure, not only did I just waste some magic but also affected my other body.

Thinking about it, I thought of a more logical and common idea. Why not make a thread and weave it of some sort? Testing it out, I made small amounts of thread and constructed the shell of the barrier. My control was not as wonderful as inside of my body. After I released a small coil of tread of magic, the control increased dramatically making it harder to build a ‘barrier’.

So at first, I produced the magic threads inside of my body and expanded it slowly and slowly until I reached the edge of my skin. Finely controlling the amount generated and expended, I released the thread outside in my body. The results were okay-ish, actually it survived for a small amount of time until it decomposed.

Why is it that when I release my magic, it disappears? Such thoughts struck in my mind and I tried to explain it internally. The cause was unknown, yet and somehow I can create a small section of the ‘barrier’ for a short amount of time. And yet, for what cause? Since then when I thought about increasing my Mp capacity, my total amount increased since then. So I tested and released bits to see how it disappears.

Well, it seems that it actually got decomposed by the outside ‘mana’. I called it that way, because of the contaminated magic. Once it got out, the mana outside eats my magic until it got decomposed. Another theory after testing out several things along the way, then why not just store huge amounts of magic midway?

The risk is high but the outcome is worthwhile. And so, I experimented things out until it got better and better. My internal clock was messed up and I seemed to have tried out things until it was dark outside. When I reached the conclusion that my test showed good results.

A ability called [Thread Weave] was acquired alongside with [Magic Storing], the ability to store en masses of magic. Since I have the ability [Energy Flow], [Thread Weave], and [Magic Storing]. I made the impossible, possible.

In short, I finally succeeded in creating an expendable ‘barrier’ with a time limit. But there seem to be another problem next to that, the amount I can store isn’t small by any means, but after around 50 seconds that I maintain this, it will decompose completely again. Likely, I need to increase my Mp amount again by expending magic until it reached a critical amount.

More days passed and I turned 3 months old. I don’t know why I knew how old I was since birth but I think its thanks to my brain which memorize quickly. Thanks to that I don’t forget anything quickly or lose something important. With how many days passed, the silent time seemed endless.

With a report of how well I improved my ‘barrier’, succeeding in extending the time limit to 5 minutes in duration and the range exceeded 2 feet with me as the center. Other than that, I mentioned that the range has increased because I completed a full dome type ‘barrier’ in less than a few or so weeks ago. Not that it’s important to mention but, at least I can share my accomplishments in this short amount of time that passed by.

Anyway, I remember one skill Miss Lunaria talked about a time ago. It was ‘Scan’ or something. So just as she prescribed it as it is and how it worked, I performed a ‘scan’ on my body and to my surprise, my Mp amount has doubled since then. The increased amount brought a new system called {Tiers}. Since the mark called Tiers was attached nearby the amount of Magic I have, it seemed that it was the cause of the effect. {Tier 1} it said, when my Mp Turned to around the three digits, it was doubled by two times. Thus the result is that of, {Mp: 360 –Tier 1} has dramatically increased two folds.

I did the scan a few days earlier to see how things would go, and I only compared the two results. 2 AT: a nice dodge. XD sorry editors, its for the sake of my mind. Do it for me lol

Other than that, the quality also seemed to have improved since the last one before my Mp got tiered. So I immediately tried to concentrate my mind into making a magic thread and filled it with amounts of magic. With the quality improved, the control got only better and better than before. Releasing a small pellet of magic outside, I remotely controlled it.

Since my range of expertise had grown, I can now also control the released magic outside of my body. With that as a bonus, another thing was that I can at least control the mana outside. Changing the trajectory of the release and the contaminated mana, then there I made a barrier outside of my body.

Back to main problem I mentioned since then. How do I see? That was the main reason why I tried to make this ‘barrier’ that I improved. With the main sense of sight unable to function currently due to my un-matured body, I planned to create a way to see the outside. All of this problem matched one conclusion, and then I was able to sense the mana outside.  

Immediately I tested a lot of ideas at hand and failed a couple of times. [Magic Sense] was acquired, the ability to sense the flow of mana and perceive information such as ‘sight’. With all of my hard work done in with just a simple skill, I was depressed. Well either way, Not that its all for naught I created my own technique.

I tested magic sense right away, an intense torrent of information filled my brain I deactivated the skill the moment I felt the intense pain. It was more painful than the pain I felt when I try to move both of my bodies that I cried. Mother barged in my room and comforted me. The failure gave birth to new ideas again, but since then I have forbidden myself of the usage of the magic sense until I got into maturity.

Since that said, because of the state of my body being a baby, my thinking has degenerated a bit. It was all thanks to this mysterious original ability of mine to memorize since I was at earth that I can retain all of my memories unconsciously without minding such things as my inability to calculate a harder problem.

Moving on since the pain is a problem; I thought maybe I could just limit the function a bit and attach the ability to my hard earned ‘barrier’. Since I’m the one who made this technique maybe I’ll just put this thing to good use. Since I can’t process that much information  to use the magic sense skill Is also a problem. That’s why having a toddler body is such a inconvenience, but this is what it is so I don’t really care.

The functionality of magic sense was decreased and attached in my barrier. Since there is now any kind of knowing how to attach this ability, I just detail-y unfastened the magic threads and applied the ability, permeating itself into the magic contained in the threads. By inter-weaving countless numbers of small as a hair strand arcana threads little by little, the deploy time increased.

Along with the difficulty increase, all of the hard work from before I got my Mp Tiered became hard again.  Nothing more, nothing less as long as this technique I patiently built for days worked. Applying magic sense into my barrier is also hard and can take up to a couple of minutes. Concentration is really needed or else the amount of magic will fall in chaos and destroy itself in the process.

As I said, after inter-weaving the threads again and again formed a solid ‘barrier’ unlike in my previous test. It is also thanks to magic storing ability that the mass increased and became a material entity. Mysterious it is, but since it is all working nicely I don’t really care that much. Deploying the barrier, I then activate magic sense.

 

 

 

 

25