Chapter 15: requests and bonejaw steaks
750 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey sis', I need to ask two things of you."

"Yes?"

"First I need you to heal my right elbow, I can move it with my centipede for the time being though."

"When will you learn to take care of your body."

"When you'll leave me."

She didn't answer and started to create magic circle, I think they say weave. Never mind that, a warm and itchy sensation invaded my arm for a while. When it faded I could move my arm freely again.

"Now onto the truly important subject, today we're eating out! Go dress up or whatever, I need to clean myself a bit and change clothes."

As I said I went to take a shower. And well it seems that I’m starting to grow. My breasts that were inexistent are now near to nonexistent. I just hope that they keep on growing... 

........

Now I’m back and with proper clothing! A black tube top with complex red lining and a black long skirt slide on the left with the same red linings. The clothes are cool but that would be better if I was older. It’s really hard to design clothes for children.

Sis' was ready too; she's wearing a plain light blue dress. Indeed, that's way more fitting for a 10 year old girl. Anyway, we should get going.

" So, you ready?"

"Yes!"

« Let’s go then! »

I dragged her out of the dorm building, and we toured the academy, is that the famed date? No: we only have a few hours before the class this afternoon, and since it’s supposed to be interesting then I should go, or not. But sis’ really want to attend her magic classes so we’ll need to be on time.

After a large tour that included me feeding her sweets. Her begging me to go look at one shop and another. Including a lingerie one… aren’t we too young for that? We finally reached the restaurant and we still have a bit more than two hours, time to feast! I still haven’t eaten since yesterday evening so, I’m starving!

The restaurant looked nice and lively, we found a tale and waited a bit before we were handed the menu.

“Why’s there only veggies on this menu?”

I’m not pissed, that’s totally not true. And that must just look like a young girl pouting: disgustingly cute.

“Well, that’s the demon’s menu.”

“I can at least see that it’s written real big on the front. What I’m asking of you is to bring me the normal menu, with meat.”

“Oh… then here you go.” He said with an understanding and somewhat annoying look. And gave us another menu.

Now here it comes, meat cooked by a true cook. I know how to cook but I don’t really like it so even if my meats are good those are bound to be better!

I don’t have any ideas of what all those meats are, there are waaaaay too many names that I don’t know, I should’ve tried to study a bit of biology… oh here I know this one: bonejaw. It cost 5 silver, that must be an expensive food.

“Two bonejaws steaks please.”

Why did everyone sigh? Oh, wait I get it! they must think that we’re young rich demons that wanna try the forbidden food….

After a bit of wait or steaks were ready. And for god’s fuckin sake they were awesome!!!!! I’m not a gourmet or anything so I don’t know how to describe food, but I don’t think I can return to veggies after tasting something this flavorful! Even sis is loving it! I’ll definitely get Nour to cook me this.

My food disappeared… why so fast?

“Five more please!”

Hey there’s no need to look at me like that. I’m not a freak I just love meat. Why does everyone seem a bit disappointed….

Maybe….

No that’s definitely not that….

Wait! If it’s that flavorful then demons that eat that for the first time must have a hard time, right? so they want to make fun of us. Fair enough, I would’ve done the same.

I ate four more of those and sis’ one. Now I feel bloated but that’s totally worth it.

……….

After I parted with sis’, I went to the training grounds of the warrior’s district. I wonder why we’ve got class only on the afternoon. Since Richie was training with some students this morning, I guess that you can apply to supplementary classes. Wonder how though.

The students from all four years were presents, separated in their respective vocation group. I just went to the center of the training ground where the teachers were.

“Hello Krell you have been assigned to my cultivator group, so can you go there please.”

Why are you using please when your eyes and voice tells clearly that it’s an order? Not like I plan on doing what you ask me anyway.

“Hey Richie, why did you make me come here?”

“Hello Krell, can you at least try to not ignore your teachers?”

“Not when they’re rude.”

“You little! You’re the one being rude!”

“But miss Orthunia, your eyes and voices were rude, I don’t have anything to correct about your wordings. However, you still need to show some more effort to pass as a lady.”

I quickly dodged a flying sword that came from my back while Koryuuk and Maheena went to intercept the fairy that was lunging at me.

“*sigh* Why are the teachers so ill tempered and uncool nowadays. Only Richie and Koryuuk looks like proper teachers.”

Orthunia is literally fuming in the hold of the wolf and the monkey, who’re both laughing. Those two pass the humor test. And Richie looks really awkward, is it the praise or me making fun of his colleagues?

“Orthunia please mind your manners, you’re attacking one of our students, even if she went overboard you are even worse.”

Well said Richie!

“I-i apologize Richard, that… won’t happen again.”

Wow she calmed instantly, I guess that Richie has some importance in her eyes… Wait! Don’t tell me! She’s a fairy so I guess it isn’t strange if she’s attracted to insects. So, what if those are wishful delusions, I’m now a supporter of the Richunia ship! Or should I say Ortuard?

……

Now if I sum up the information they gave before I went on my way.

There are only mandatory class on the afternoon. In the morning you can ask the teachers for supplementary teaching and they can accept or not or even ask you to pay for it. you can obviously ask a teacher to do private tutoring and as such to refuse all of the other students, but you’ll have to splurge a bit to make that happen. And it seems that the students weren’t aware of this and that they didn’t bring money from home. I guess that they don’t spread this new to reduce inequalities between rich and poor students. Wonder why those monarchs that came from the same school didn’t inform their heirs about that.

And to allow the non-demon students, who can’t request gold from home easily, to pay for their food the rent and the supplementary teachings. There’s a request system: The regular residents of the town can post request on the information boards that are scattered through the academy. The student can complete those requests and upon completion receive a reward from the requester. They also handed us adventuring IDs that allows us to pass the gates of the town. Those IDs were made when we registered and are enchanted so that only their owners can touch them. It’s obviously falsifiable since anything that’s done with magic can be undone with magic. But it should be pretty hard to do since the teachers here are really powerful figures. They looks exactly like a gold coin but with the emblem of the academy on it: a white tower with three wings a red one, a blue one and a green one.

The request can range from subjugation of a monster because he’s annoying/dangerous or because of his materials, gathering materials, escort, finding lost cats, etc…

I now have a good excuse to go hunt! And to start amassing riches! And a way to ask a teacher for guidance to fight flying foes.

Indeed, that was interesting, thanks Richie.

I went back to the dorm to change clothes and got out one more time. But this time I have a request. Wonder how they managed to put them all on the boards so quickly. I already noticed those wooden boards, but they were empty, so I paid it no mind. And when I snuck out of class, they were all filled to the brim.

I took a request from the White River restaurant which says:

“We’re currently in lack of Bonejaw meat as such we offer to buy it at a price of one gold for one bonejaw’s worth of meat, you’re free to keep everything else.”

Since I know what their trails looks like I managed to catch one quickly. Since I wanted to sell it for a request, I needed to bleed it properly right? so I handed it up to a tree using its tail. It might tear at any moment, so I need to be quick. I slit his throat and stuck my hand inside, feeding all the blood to the centipede.

After that I dragged it back to town and it was still the same guard!

“Hey!”

“What you again!!!”

“Don’t worry I’ve got a student ID now” I said as I showed him the coin. He tried to touch it and seeing his hand repelled let me in.

I first went to the dorm building to fetch Nour, she needs to learn how to cook those big lizards!

I then made my way to the restaurant with Nour were a waiter looked at us with a funny look until I showed him the request.

“Wait what! It has already been completed, even though the requests are only available since midday!?!”

He quickly composed himself.

“Hum. Sorry ma’am I apologize for my unsightly behavior please come in and we’ll dismantle it and pay you for your hunt.”

“You should be talking to my mistress instead.”

“You could be less cold Nour, and nobody would believe that a ten year old girl like me can hunt a bonejaw.”

“I’m your maid young miss, as such I need to remind those ignorant fools to talk to the right person.

“*sigh* I suppose that you’re right. now Mr. waiter can you guide me to your boss please I need to talk with him.”

“S-sure miss”

He then guided us to the kitchens where he led us to a fat bald and muscular man which seems to be the owner. It was quite the hassle to drag my bonejaw inside the restaurant without damaging anything, but I managed it. So, I dropped it at the feet of the boos and handed him the request.

“Here’s your bonejaw, however I want you to teach my maid here how to cook it as a reward.”

“That’s a big no missy.”

“Well, you would’ve economized a gold coin. But I think that I’ll sell this meat elsewhere.”

I picked my bonejaw and started to make my way to the exit.

“Wait! If you bring back another bonejaw tomorrow I can teach your maid how to cook their meat. You, obviously, won’t get any money from us. Is that okay with you?” he said in a hurried tone, guess that he must be desperate about getting this meat.

“You got yourself a deal. I’ll come back to pick up my maid the bones and organs later in the evening.”

I left Nour to her new teacher and went to train a bit with the first years Swiftfighters.

 

Heya! i started to make a discord, it should be availiable by the time i release the next chapter, i also started to work on the cover of the novel. So there might be only two chapters next week.

 

“Here’s your bonejaw, however I want you to favorite all my chapters as a reward.”

“That’s a big no missy.”

“Well, you would’ve economized a gold coin. But I think that I’ll sell this meat elsewhere.”

I picked my bonejaw and started to make my way to the exit.

“Wait! If you bring back another bonejaw tomorrow I can go and favoutites all your chapters. You, obviously, won’t get any money from us. Is that okay with you?” He said in a hurried tone, guess that he must be desperate about getting this meat.

23