Chapter 18: the flood
628 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

LANA'S POV 

Sis' bought some scary news, a beast colony underneath the town is a big problem. Even more so when sis label them as though. And now we're supposed to return the request. Still the thing that bothers me is why am I going with her. It's good to be close to her and it's nice that she wants me close by. But it's useless for me to come. And it'll soon be the start of today's class. 

I still followed her to the central district. This place is still incredible and the tower in the middle, just woaaah. And it seems that we're heading there. As we get closer there are less and less peoples on the streets, even in this life the administration is a whole separate world.

The tower is truly impressive a gigantic smooth white pillar with three giant wings disposed in a spiral floating around the top, one blue, one green and one red. When we reached the tower a rectangular part of the wall slide open, very much like earth's automatic doors. Magic sure is awesome. 

Did I just say that magic is awesome? I take it back, magic is godly. The marble walls are fuckin transparent from the inside, how does that even make sense!

I followed sis to the reception where she asked a receptionist for the return of the urgent requests. And it was the fourth floor. We eventually reached it using a magic platform that lifted us into the air to our destination floor. There's honestly waaaaaay too much magic in this tower, poor warrior/warmaster students they would feel so overwhelmed. The mages would too.

And another reception counter welcomed us but with a beautiful receptionist, the onee-san type.

"Hello, I would like to report for an investigation request issued by the Academy." Started sis while I silently observed from the sidelines.

"Oh, yes. Which one?"

"The sewers one."

"Ok, wait a bit" she said as she rummaged through a lot of files until she finally got the one she was searching for.

"There, I’m listening."

"Okay, so my conclusion is that we've got a colony of hundreds of monsters that are physically as though as Professor Richard from the Warrior's district. Their galleries spread underneath the Academy and I only spotted one entrance. The good thing for us is that they're dumb as hell and just attack on sight. That could be bad point too, I guess."

"..."

Poor clerk she's completely lost.

"..."

Still not back on track?

"I-I don't think that I’m able to handle this kind of report properly, please wait a bit, someone qualified will come."

Yep, fleeing is a fine strategy miss receptionist.

She came back soon after with a muscular redheaded man. he looked like those werewolf guild master that you see sometimes in anime.

"So, can you repeat me what you just said to Lana?"

"Okay, so as I said my conclusion is that we've got a colony of hundreds of monsters that are physically as though as Professor Richard from the Warrior's district. Their galleries spread underneath the Academy and I only spotted one entrance. The good thing for us is that they're dumb as hell and just attack on sight. That could be bad point too, I guess."

That's exactly the same thing as you said before, seriously can't you add variations in your speech?

"Do you know what these creatures are?"

"Nop, but I can draw them."

"Well guess that it's better than nothing. Lana can you give her whatever she'll need."

Wow sis's drawing speed is way too fast, it's like those speed paint videos, well there's no paint but still. So, the monsters that she saw are genestealers rip-offs with zerg-like heads. And we got a whole colony of them, i just pray that we manage to exterminate them in one go, i don't want anything like the fast-evolving tyrannids.

"That's... honestly amazing."

That's obvious you muscle head, sis IS amazing.

"So, about their toughness you're serious when you say that they're as sturdy as Richard?"

"Yep"

"Fuck! we can't take them head on if it's like that. let's see, did you see any other entrance to their galleries?"

"Nope."

"Then we should go with something like a poisonous mist and seal the entrance... no, we don't know how far those galleries reach, the mist would lose it's effectiveness before doing any real damage. then we... can... flood Them!"

"""Dafuk?"""

"well, we'll just use a bit of magic and fill up their galleries, then we seal the entrance we wait for some days and we check if they're still alive."

.......

And there we are, in the sewers with a squadron of battlemages that focuses on the water element. Sis is here to guide them, and I’m here to follow sis. as we wandered through the dark and damps tunnels, we finally reached an area covered in dried blood and scavengers. there was literally a carpet of rats on the ground. some were jumping in the air trying to catch an eyeball that hanged down from the roof.

Our arrival scattered the rats, I won't describe what was behind, but some mages became really pale, even though they're battlemages.

As we carried on we finally reached a vast circular room, with seven of those monsters! Sis only fought four and right now we only have two close combat specialists and no magic circle ready...

She instantly dashed toward them before, but they were already aware of our presence and she had to go with a hit and run tactic, which was utterly inefficient due to their exoskeleton.

Wait what is the other fighter doing? He's weaving? And with an incredible speed at that? Nani the fuck? He's a magus, and a skilled one at that, with that kind of body?! Let's just go with the flow.

He finished casting his spell before I even reached halfway in my weaving. And a pathway of ice formed at his feet, which divided in seven smaller ones who started t chase the creatures. Sis noticed this and lured them towards the ice. When they each met their icy predator, they were engulfed in ice up to the waist. Which mean that all the high-pressure water needles from the mage group could be aimed easily. And soon we stood before a group of porcupines.

We went toward the hole in the middle of the room and just as sis said it was the starting point of a tunnel. the magi having attested firsthand of their toughness, now fully trusted sis and didn't question her anymore about the colony. they started to weave the biggest circle that i ever saw. and since it was big it was even more complex than normal in order to be stable. as such a mage was in charge of the circle, another of the element, another of the area, another of the limit of mana, and another one of the shapes of the spell. that's a lot of "another" right, but there were still around ten mages around, mana batteries i suppose, since we don't have a clue about the amount of water needed.

And then the giant magic circle started to pour an unending waterfall, it lasted at least three hours and the redhead mage had to freeze a lot of those things who tried to crawl out of their hole. But in the end the water finally filled the hole, the frozen creatures clogging the hole should give the magi all the time needed to put a powerful barrier in place. Wait why is sis coming with a gigantic stone slab, no, the true problem is that I’ll have to mend her bones later. wait it's not a problem if she relies on me... But still, I wish she would take a better care of her body.

She closed the hole with the giant slab and the magi then encased it in ice. I wasn't expecting that, I mean it's a good way to seal the place but I was expecting something more magic seal like. 

we then made our way to the surface, passing once more the gory zone, the eyeball was still dangling from the roof. some of the most exhausted magi threw up.  we finally reached the surface and just by looking at the suni knew that my hunger was justified. Since Nour know how to cook bone jaw and that we still have some stockpiled I’ll definitely not make it to this afternoon's class. wonder what we'll do then.

i didn't really do anything this morning, wait since sis wanted me to come that definitely means that she expected something from me! and i was utterly useless, i didn't even help her in the fight earlier, i definitely need to apologize. i need to come up with something!

Hey announcements!

I joined a friend's e-sport team as a graphist, the team's called Eterny, it's French and focused on ssbu. And he proposed me to use the team's server for my novel's server, and since i suck at management it's a big help, here's the link: https://discord.gg/HUPW25XGBR.

my twitter is @ValooEty and i started a twitch ( valooety )were I draw, isn't that epic? I'll make a patreon soon too.

Now that my shameless self-promo is done, I think that's all...  Cya !

 

18