Chapter 38
11.7k 21 207
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group decided to stop at nightfall. The area we found ourselves in was a large rocky clearing with plenty of space. A few scattered tents and wagons were already present from the other travellers going through the pass. We had met a few others on the road, but there were not as many travellers as I had assumed at first. Even here, there were probably only twice our number.

While I had no idea how to handle myself in the wild, Elaina knew at least the basics and had done some research so we wouldn’t have to sleep on the ground again, which I was particularly thankful for. Sleeping on the ground really hurt my back last time.

This place was a perfect spot to rest so we started setting up their new tent. Or rather, Elaina did after she talked me into just sitting on the side while she took care of it alone. Others had offered us help, but Elaina had refused since she could put it up herself.

I didn’t argue too much as I was aware I wouldn’t be much help anyway. Instead, I sat on a nearby rock and took out the book I had been reading from my spatial bag. The handbook was named Magic for High Elves, one of Elaina’s possessions that she had managed to keep. While it was still difficult for me read, I had been slowly putting it together over the past week with nothing else to do. Outside of breaks for sleep, eating and sex of course.

Magic was actually quite simplistic in this world according to the guides Elaina had bought. Magic was split into hundreds of categories according to the author, although he did not list them all. Everything from [Earth Magic] to [Blood Magic] could be learnt, although some magic types were far more popular while others were only known by a select few. These magic types could be learnt as skills in the System. The further you levelled the skill, the more powerful the spells and enchantments you created using that magic type would be.

Magic use was split into two types: spells and enchantments. Enchanting was temporarily or permanently binding magic to something. None of the books I had on me were speciliazed in enchantments though and mostly skimmed over the topic.

On the other hand, magic spells were defined as any mana use released from the body. Even Elaina’s use of light magic against the prison guard would be considered a spell, despite her magic consisting of a mere flashing light.

However, most mages used structured spells. These are spells that have been refined over countless generations to be as efficient and powerful as possible. The example most books used was the fireball, a trademark spell learnt by all fire mages.

These structured spells are categorized by mages into ten tiers. The first tier is composed of basic spells like Light and Spark that can be learnt easily by even the weakest magic users. The most powerful spells that could be used by even the most exceptional mages were in the seventh tier. Magic above that just required both too much mana and skill for mortals.

That wasn’t true for everyone though. Lilith had said the spell she used to transform me into a girl, the Blessing of the Nymphs, was an eighth tier spell. I supposed demon lords were outside the norm.

The handbook I held now actually contained spells from the first tier up to the seventh tier, unlike the beginners guides Elaina had bought in Red Peak which never went further than the third tier. The book was made for high elves though, one of the races with the most aptitude for magic. Perhaps some of their race could cast spells above the seventh tier as well.

It also only covered specific magic types. [Light Magic], [Plant Magic], [Earth magic], [Life Magic] and [Water magic] covered the vast majority of the book, with a few pages on other magic types.

My time had mostly been spent on [Light magic]. While it was weaker at the earlier tiers, its versatility at higher levels could not be overstated. It could be used to form weapons of solid light, create lasers that could pierce through most defences or manifest barriers of light to block most physical attacks. Of course, right now I could only do one simple spell, the first tier spell Light.

Unfortunately, my intelligence and wisdom stats were both still quite low. Both were crucial to being a mage.

Intelligence is the measure of a person’s natural affinity for learning. It affects the rate at which skills level up. This attribute is crucial for mages, since it directly increases a character's ability to learn spells as well.

Wisdom represents a person’s judgement and mental fortitude, and is even more important that intelligence. With high wisdom, someone could cast more spells thanks to a deeper mana pool. Wisdom affects the size of the pool of mana that a person can draw from to power spells or talents. Not only does it affect the size though, it also affects the regeneration rate of mana.

Both my intelligence and wisdom were not even half of Elaina’s, although they had been steadily increasing of late. Unfortunately, you could not focus on specific attributes as points were distributed automatically based on a number of different factors including your class, personality and actions.

Seeing that Elaina was finally finished with the tent, I walked into the small tent as Elaina was laying down the sleeping bag.

“Unfortunately, I forgot to buy a second sleeping bag so we’ll have to sleep together,” she said while laying it out.

“Based on your self-satisfied grin, I think it was more like you purposefully bought only one,” I complained

Elaina grasped her chest in mock indignation. “Do you really think I’m some kind of pervert that only wants to sleep you? We’re running out of money so I could only afford one sleeping bag.”

“Oh, really? Then why did you buy more of those futanari potions when we still have one left?”

The elf’s eyes widened in panic. “How do you know about those?! Don’t tell me you know of all the other stuff I bought!”

“Knowing how much of a pervert you’ve become, it was easy to guess that you’d buy more,” I mumbled.

“I’m only a pervert for you, darling.”

Feeling my face redden, I had to stop myself from turning away in embarrassment. Elaina’s personality when we met was so cold, how the hell did she turn into this?

While I was lost in thought, I heard Elaina taking off her clothes and slipping into the sleeping bag. She made a little space inside and gave me a seductive gesture with her hands.

I hesitated for a moment, before sighing as I succumbed to my fate. I tried my best to avoid Elaina’s burning gaze as I quickly tore off my outer clothes and climbed into the bag beside her while avoiding any eye contact with the horny elf.

The moment I laid down, Elaina instantly pulled me by the waist towards herself with one arm and spooned me from behind while her other hand stroked my brown hair. I felt the warmth of her skin touch mine and tried to pull away a little.

“You don’t have to be so hesitant, it hurts my heart,” Elaina whined as she bit my twitching cat ear.

I squirmed a little in her embrace. “D-don’t try to guilt me into having sex. You know the others will hear and we have to wake up at sunrise.”

“I know, I know. It’s just that whenever I’m with you, I get so aroused…”

“Nyahhh!”

I let out a moan as her left hand roamed down my shoulders and groped my breast. Elaina gave it a few more squeezes as her other hand brushed down to my panties.

“Oof!” Elaina let out an groan as I elbowed her in the stomach.

“If you don’t stop playing around, I’ll extend the no sex rule for another week after this trip.”

“Ok, ok, I’m going to sleep!” She hugged me a little tighter around and interlocked her legs around mine so I couldn’t escape, snuggling her face into the back of my hair. Soon, I could tell by her breathing that she had fallen asleep.

I smiled at her cute reaction. It was her that had set the rule of no sex for the duration of the trip in the first place. Hopefully, she could last another few days…

Elaina’s extreme attraction towards me was quite odd. No, it wasn’t just Elaina. Everyone who had spent some time with me had turned out the same way. Lilith’s possessiveness was the first sign, but Commander Lucinda and Miss Elizabeth had also had an unnatural desire towards me. And now Elaina was showing similar signs, although at least her attraction was more love than just pure lust.

Was it my high charisma causing this? Doubtful. While it was high for my rank, if you went off Elaina’s attributes, it was probably still quite low in Lilith’s harem. So, what was causing this attachment?

Well, I could worry about it some other day. Even if Elaina had turned into a bit of a pervert, she never made me feel uncomfortable or scared like I had back when I was still a slave. May as well just enjoy the love for now. Relaxing against the sleeping elf, I soon fell asleep.

207