Chapter 18: Fire Goddess
1.6k 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Yue was sitting in front of village head in the Tianyun Highland Valley. After showing off a few skills to the guards that surround the biggest house in the village and stating his intention to cooperate, he was given a formal reception.
“So, you are telling me there is an entire city of more than a million people fighting against demonic beasts?”

“Yes, exactly.”

“And there is enough food for everyone, and they do not have to starve?”

“That’s correct. I can give you a map to the City if you are interested.”

“Of course, sir. We would be forever grateful for a chance to get out of this place.”

“You can tell the City Lord that you were sent by me. He will understand and give you places to live. As long as you do not betray and act in any way that harms the city, you will be treated well. You can make further negotiations directly with him.”

Nie Li did make a significant contribution in the story when he allowed these inhabitants to settle in Glory City.  As there were many powerful fighters among them, it raised the overall battle strength of Glory City. Now that he was on the way, he could take care of this small matter.

“Thank you, sir. We will convene amongst ourselves and make a decision as soon as possible. It’s possible, at the beginning it will just be an advance group to pave the way but if what sir is saying is accurate, it will be a huge blessing for us. We will not forget sir’s kindness.”

“No worries. Anyway, I need a guide to the black spring forest. I know how dangerous it is. Just bring me to the edge of the forest.”

“Yes, sir. Of course, I will send a capable fighter to go with you. Please let me know if sir needs anything else.”

After reaching the forest and walking around for a while, he found a cave with runes on them. His knowledge of runes is quire rudimentary unlike his skills with alchemy since there were not a lot of literature on inscription in Glory City. Still, he was able to crack the runes, and then found the precious loot from a bunch of dead bodies. He had just gained legend rank gear that would cause a great uproar back in Glory City but he knew that wasn’t what he came for.

“Come here, mortal. It’s been ages since I met another human.”

“My respects, dear goddess.”

“You know me? How?”

“The legend of fire goddess has been passed on through generations. It’s an honor to meet you.”

Shen Yue of course was making it up. He recognized the goddess from his memory of how the story would go. Still, he knew he could benefit a lot from this goddess that had a sort of divine beauty with arrogance that fit naturally with her demeanor.

After chatting for some time, he convinced her to teach him the power of laws. He began first with the power of light in the black spring. He was ecstatic once he confirmed that he could absorb the power contained in the black spring just like Nie Li.

After cultivating in the black spring three days, he not only reached the pinnacle of black gold rank but also stepped into the first steps of legend rank by understanding parts of the power of law. Sensing the power of laws was not as easy as he did not have the higher cultivation knowledge like Nie Li did but his powerful soul due to reincarnation and his pure soul energy from his system did help a lot. He was able to at least sense and control to a small degree the power of laws in several domains including light, dark, death, time and space.

“Sister goddess. I think I have a way to get you out of here.”

Yu Yan was surprised but was not convinced by the boy before him. The kid has shown remarkable talent in cultivation as she saw him rise through the ranks to peak of black gold rank just by cultivating the spring for a few days. He was even able to sense and manage to control a bit of the power of law that took years for ordinary mortals. She was quite impressed with this mortal but when he said he could get her out, she was clearly skeptical.

36