Chapter 19: Nether Realm
1.6k 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even with his basic understanding of runes, he was able to find the flaws in the runes that make up the physical body of Goddess Yu Yan. Just by concentrating on the flaws compiled by the system he was able to reconstruct the runes and almost set her back on the recovery track. She would only some time before she can fully control the law of fire to recover her Heavenly Destiny Rank cultivation. She was already stronger than he was in both cultivation and battle strength as she is now at peak legend and quickly advancing.

“Hey Shen Yue! How did you learn all this knowledge of runes?”

“Haha, Goddess Yu Yan, it was something I practiced myself.”

Yu Yan was obviously shocked and very grateful to Shen Yue. She repeatedly asked Shen Yue about his origins but stopped after she realized he wasn’t entirely forthcoming. She never thought a mortal man could be this mysterious. Had the standards of cultivation and techniques become so high while she was asleep. She suddenly had high hopes for the future of human civilization.

One of the reasons Shen Yue needed to find Yu Yan was to find a way into Nether realm. With her knowledge and memories, the way into the realm was not hard to discover. Along the way, Shen Yue kept Yu Yan up to date with the news of the Glory City and other human settlement he came across. Being able to accompany this ancient goddess that have lived for almost a million years as he travelled was a unique feeling on its own.

Getting a grasp of the power of law in the black spring together with cultivation advice from Yu Yan helped him fully utilize the Library of Heaven’s system to put him solidly in the legend rank. He was now in the same cultivation rank as the City Lord and the deceased Shen Family Head. He could already be considered a top powerhouse in Glory House.

Though he still lacked in battle experience, his system cheat allowed him to see through the flaws of any cultivators which gave him a huge advantage. However, he knew there were many legend ranks within the many cities of Nether realm. In order to further advance his cultivation, he only needed time to accumulate his understanding of the power of law. It was such a relief to him that he didn’t need to go around looking for cultivation books this time. Not only that, he was able to gain a few interesting battle techniques from Yu Yan which he was able to tweak to suit his own cultivation.

When the reached Blackrock City inside nether realm, he went to an inn with a pub to look for information. He wanted to learn of any news and get familiar with the city. He wanted to know as soon as there is an announcement by the nether master to recruit a disciple. He also checked for information about Ye Han but it seemed there was none. Either he came too early or it is possible that Ye Han probably didn’t survive to sell information off to the Wugui Family about Glory City.

Now that he had found the way into the nether realm he could go back to Glory City and come back to take part in the assessment. He decided to wait until the news of the assessment and while he waited he continued his cultivation. Having Yu Yan beside him was basically another cheat itself as he didn’t need fumble his way into increasing his realm. If he can accumulate enough to reach demi-god rank before the test, he could guarantee his safety and anyone he chose to bring with him.

The other reason he was looking for the trip to the city was to acquire a large number of demon spirits. He had already obtained the nightmare demon pot with the help of alchemist guild and some resources from his family before the item even went into auction like in the story. This was also before his family fell from grace so it was not hard to acquire the item. He had already combined his family’s demon spirit with tiger bloodline and the shadow devil spirit from the shadow lamp from the ruins. Somehow, the cultivation technique compiled by the system allowed him to combine with more than one spirit like Nie Li’s technique. The shadow devil spirit was a now extinct ancient spirit with god level growth. The problem was even with all the demon spirits he could acquire, he wasn’t able to evolve his tiger demon spirit to extraordinary level growth rate; not to mention god level growth.

He quickly set about buying up high level demon spirits around the city. He had many precious treasures to trade for them, so the cost was not an issue. There were groups wanting to rob him thinking him an easy target but his peak legend cultivation was enough to deter majority of them. Also, he wasn’t buying very rare demon spirits that could raise the eyebrows of high powers in the city.

Yu Yan inquired about his action of just throwing the low level demon spirits inside the demon pot. She was unconvinced that such a small pot could evolve demon spirits to higher level growth but what she saw surprised him. Shen Yue’s tiger demon spirit that was already considered high level relative to Glory City and even the cities in Nether realm was evolving slowly and visibly with each attempt.

Shen Yue was overjoyed when the spirit in his body finally reached a sufficient level to be considered at the extraordinary. He then set about stabilizing his soul and continued to accumulate his cultivation.

“How many more secrets do you have?”

Yu Yan spoke with a voice that no longer held a trace of superior and detached tone. She was beside him as she watched Shen Yue accumulate spiritual power as she sensed his cultivation and control of power of law increase gradually. With the rate he was going he might even touch the demigod rank in a month. She had almost become numb with shock with the many secrets the boy had shown since she started travelling with him. She now knew that the boy was an anomaly as the outside world did not change drastically since she went into seclusion.

After discussing with Shen Yue, they both decided to cultivate quietly to improve their realms. She also needed to regain her divine spark by accumulating the power of law of fire so she didn’t fall behind her mysterious junior.

40