Chapter 22: Nine-Layered Deathlands
1.6k 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shen Yue are you not afraid? There will lots of powerful cultivators around us."

"Don't worry. Stay close to me. We will lay low. As long as we get to the top floor we will be able to join sect in the draconic ruins realm."

On his way to the deathlands, Shen Yue taught both Yang Xin and Ninger of the cultivations skills and battle techniques he learned from Yuan Yu and refined by the system. Ninger was already reaching the peak of Legend rank but Yang Xin still needed some more cultivation to break through to legend.

When they arrived on the first floor, there were already many experts from different sects who are already waiting for the assessment to begin. They were able to secure a few Spirit Origin fruits without much difficulty after he showcased his demigod level cultivation. The fruits were not useful to Shen Yue but could speed up the cultivation of Yang Xin and Ninger.

There were commotion of the zombie dragon carrying a precious pearl like in the story but they didn't see Nie Li and his group in the crowd until they went further up the deathlands. Nie Li that gave him a perfunctory look and ignored him. Zi Yun smiled at him who responded with a wave and as she wanted to come over and greet the group, the test had already begun to assess their soul strength with a maze inside a fragile spiritual ball.

Shen Yue calmed Ninger and Yang Xin down and reminded them to use their soul form calmly without using their eye's vision. Both the purity and control of soul force was at very high levels due to their almost perfect cultivation techniques granted by the system. Ninger got up to six feet while Yang Xin went up to five and a half feet. Shen Yue was able to reach up to eight feet and even felt like he could continue if he wanted.

The eight floor test was not much harder for him and the girls. Their strength of the soul despite their lower cultivation level were on par with the ones with highest talent. They then entered the tower of black flames to cultivate inside.

They started on the first floor and stopped while Nie Li's group had already entered the second floor. Shen Yue let Ninger and Yang Xin adjust to the black flames and cultivate their souls for some time. After some time they went up another level and did the same to cultivate their soul. Fewer people joined them on the second floor and then third floor.

Shen Yue felt his soul ocean vibrate as the needed accumulation to reach the spiritual god realm started to decrease. He felt like if he kept cultivating here, he could breakthrough soon. Yang Xin made a breakthrough to legend cultivating in the tower and Ninger further consolidated her peak legend cultivation. Even Yu Yan was benefiting a lot from this cultivation session. The assessment was a great opportunity for all the cultivators even if they did not pass to become the disciples of the netherworld master. They went up the floors after adjusting to the black flames.

At the fourth floor, there was no longer a big crowd and he easily spied the group of Ye Zi Yun and Nie Li's friends but couldn't see Nie Li anywhere. Zi Yun then walked towards him to talk.

"Shen Yue, I didn't know you were coming. I wanted to come ask you to join us but..that is..I..I am glad you are here." Zi Yun had an awkward expression on her face when she said it. Nie Li must have forbidden her to invite him or mention anything about the assessment. Shen Yue gave her a nod with an understanding smile.

"Zi Yun, it's good see you. It's ok, I'm glad we were all here. You didn't encounter any trouble, did you?

"No, we are all fine. Hello, Ninger. Miss Yang Xin."

"Hi Zi Yun. Good to see you." Ninger gave her a smile with a wave while Yang Xin her a nod.

"I am sure you have met them, most of them are your classmates after all. Do you want to go say hello?"

The group of NIe Li's friends including Duan Jian were looking at him with blank looks. He could even see some displeasure on some of their faces. 'When did I offend these people? Well, if you want to act this way, I don't need to be polite to you either.'

"It's ok, we can talk later. By the way, where's Nie Li?"

"Ok, sounds good. Nie Li already went upstairs." Zi Yun replied with an apologetic tone.

Just then they heard sounds of a battle coming from upstairs.

'Nie Li must be fighting the so-called demon lord of the dark guild. Let them duel each other. I will go up once things settle down.'

"Ok, we'll see each other soon. I hope you pass the test."

Shen Yue said goodbyes and Zi Yun and sat down in a corner with his group to cultivate.

27