Chapter 24: Shen Yue’s Choice
1.5k 8 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Yue thought for some time before making a decision. He walked towards the female expert from Heavenly Note Sect and said:

“Master, I would like to join your sect. Please accept me as your disciple.”

Sect representative Ling Yun was dumbfounded. She wasn’t even trying to recruit the kid but he came in to recommend himself. But the kid had very high soul purity and strength so it’s likely that he had at least heavenly spirit root.

“Yes, of course. You are Shen Yue, right? I am very impressed by your cultivation. I can accept you as my disciple. Come over.”

Ling Yun wanted to pull him in and make the seal before the other experts object but she was disappointed as the expert from Hidden Cloud Sect interrupted.

“Miss Lin, why are you taking our talent away? You sect only accept female disciples, right? He should come to my Hidden Cloud Sect.”

“Master Ying, although it is true that we primarily accept female disciples, we have also made exceptions in the past and took in male disciples with high talent on rare occasions. It’s not like there is not precedent. In my opinion, this young man will be perfectly happy at Heavenly Note Sect.“

Ling Yun replied with a smile. She would be able to convince the elders to accept him in the sect due to his high talent although he was a male. However, she knew that unless the kid’s talent was extraordinarily dazzling, he wouldn’t gain the attention of the upper echelons of the sect on account of his gender. Still, it would still be considered a contribution to bring a talent with heavenly spirit root.

The master of the nether realm, Ming Fei, joined in to express his opposition.

“No, Miss Lin, our Divine Feathers sect should be able to groom this kid to his full potential. Your sect doesn’t have top tier techniques suitable for him. Most of your high-grade cultivation techniques are yin-based and not suitable for male cultivators.”

Ling Yun frowned and replied with a sharp tone. She felt like the nether realm master was attacking the reputation of Heavenly Note sect although she knew what he said had some form of truth.

“Master Ning, you don’t have to worry about our sect not having suitable techniques. Our sect is one of the six divine sects and is fully capable to providing this youth with a powerful cultivation technique. Besides, didn’t we decide to let the fate decide and let the three of them choose themselves. Do you both want to go back on your words?”

Both expert Yin and Ming Fei were silenced. They wanted to get his young boy to their sect to increase their contributions but if it meant offending this expert from Heavenly Note Sect, it wasn’t worth it.

Ming Fei relented and said.

“As Miss Lin decides, this young man will join the Heavenly Note Sect.”

Hidden Cloud expert also assented with slightly displeased tone.

“As you wish, Miss Lin. I hope the young man’s cultivation path is a smooth one.”

Ling Yun then called Shen Yue over with a sweet smile.

“Now, young man, let us form the master disciple seal.”

“Yes, Master.”

Shen Yue was calm as he now knew the path is already set. He thought about joining the divine feathers sect as he knew most of the story and future actions of Nie Li but he didn’t think he wanted to compete with him there. Also, joining the hidden cloud sect that was a subsidiary of the Phaseless sect was not entirely unfavorable but he still wanted to be with his women even in Draconic Ruins realm. He was not worried about cultivation techniques as he was fully confident in the ability of his system.

During the conversation between the experts, the other disciples were looking at him different glances. Some were looking at him with envy for being courted by all the experts while some looked down on him as they thought he was a lusty young man that was throwing away his future to look for female partners.

Yang Xin and Ninger were looking at him with a blissful expression with some worry. They were happy that he was accompanying them but at the same time worried that he was hurting his future chances. However, deep down they trusted him as he had proven himself again and again with his mysterious techniques. 

Zi Yun was happy that Shen Yue would be joining them on to the sect. However, there was a particularly hostile gaze directed at Shen Yue who traced it to Nie Li.  

A/N: Read advanced chapters at www.pat reon.com/FanDaoist. 

29