Chapter 29: Dominant Shen Yue
1.7k 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At a room inside the City Lord Mansion

Shen Yue obviously was excited over his gains and before he went back, he decided to take care of an issue. Shen Yue had called Ye Mo and Ye Zhong over to talk after taking the loot from the demon lord’s body. Both Ye Mo and Ye Zhong was standing at a distance away from him.

Ye Zhong who was observing Shen Yue closely was still calming himself down and had not even said his thanks to him. He was truly shocked that he was actually saved by the young man. He also hadn’t fully digested the fact that Shen Yue was much stronger than him to the level of the demon lord who easily defeated his father, Ye Mo. For him, his father was the symbol of ultimate strength as he believed nobody could defeat him in battle. Lately, the news about the world outside the world from Nie Li and Zi Yun had changed his worldview a lot but he had never truly accepted until now.

Ye Mo shock wasn’t as big as Ye Zhong’s but he was still stunned regardless. When he came back to Glory City the other day, his son had briefed him on the fall of Sacred Family. He had always been suspicious of the Shen Hong and his ambitions of power. However, he didn’t consider that the man would actually cooperate with the outsiders to betray Glory City. This made him extremely angry and a little guilty for not seeing it sooner. He was very satisfied that his son had destroyed the family’s insurgency plans. His son mentioned something about a son of the family providing crucial information and he was surprised but he didn’t put it much importance. He decided to get as much information from him after this meeting.

“This.. Sir Yue, I would like to thank you on behalf of Glory City for this. If you hadn’t intervened, the consequences would be unimaginable.”

Shen Yue looked straight at Ye Mo and asked calmly.

“First, tell me where you got this demon spirit stone?”

Shen Yue was curious about the stone as the demon lord seemed to have placed great importance on it.

“I..that is I found it in the ruins outside the city. I thought it must be valuable but I am not sure of its origin. That’s why I was weary to hand it to demon lord thinking it might help him increase his power.”

Ye Mo decided to be honest at this point and told him the location of the ruins. The young man had not shown any hostility towards him and even saved his own son for which he was very grateful. He knew if this young man didn’t intervene, the demon lord would’ve killed his son. He might even kill his granddaughter and wreak havoc in Glory City and he’ll not be able to stop it.

“Ok. Let’s talk about something else. My family will move back into the noble district. You will make all arrangements.”

Shen Yue had an authoritative tone in his voice this time.

“Yes, of course. Sir Yue. We will make arrangements.”

Ye Mo was quick to reply. It was a small matter compared to what Shen Yue had done for them.

“Also, you will give control over all the assets you took after the war. Since my family is going to be back as nobles, we will need all the assets. “

“No problem, at all. I will personally take charge with my son to make all the arrangements. Does Sir Yue had anything else you need?”

“Yes, I do. Consider it a warning. While I go to Draconic Ruins realm, I want you to keep an eye on my mother and my family. If I see or hear of anything happening to her, such as the nobles trying to bully my family either economically or socially, I will come to find you. I don’t care if you have nothing to do with it. You will answer for it and then pay for everything as I see fit. If you can’t even protect a family within the city what use are you as a city lord. “

Ye Mo was a little surprised but quite calm. The young man’s earlier requests were reasonable and this one was also just keeping an eye on his family while he is away. Although the tone was a bit too authoritative, he felt that the young man had a right to do so. With the strength he had shown, he had the power to dominate them all in Glory City and not to say of how powerful he will become after returning from Draconic Ruins realm.

“Of course, we will make sure nobody dares to harm your mother and family members in anyway.”

Shen Yue looked towards the door where he sensed someone’s aura.

“Come in from behind the door.”

The one who came in was Nie Li who had been eavesdropping on the conversation. As soon as he came in, he said with a serious expression.

“I know you are very strong but if you harm or bully them in anyway, I won’t let you.”

There was a loud boom sound as Nie Li was kicked flying away in his stomach. After he hit the wall, Nie Li had transformed in his Fanged Panda form. He took out his Meteorite Sword and seemed ready to battle. Ye Mo and Ye Zhong were both shocked and felt things were getting out of control.

“Did I ask you to speak? Do you think you can keep being rude to me time  and time again? If you want a fight to the death, let’s do it. Yu Yan, come out and don’t hold back!”

Shen Yue was surprised at his own anger. He had always had a calm mind and was able to control himself. But somehow, the way Nie Li acted just made him very angry. He needed to just blow some steam. He was even ready to take a gamble, and fight to the death with the guy even if he wasn’t sure if he can actually kill him. 

“Sir Yue, please forgive Nie Li. He is just young and impulsive. He didn’t mean anything by it. Please there is no need to come to blows over it.”

Ye Mo, instead of preparing for battle, was standing in front of him with a deep bow. Ye Zhong after seeing it had a pained expression and come to join his father in bowing to Shen Yue. He had been silent all this time while his father talked with Shen Yue but now spoke in a humble voice.

“Please Sir Yue, forgive Nie Li for his rudeness. We were also wrong to let your family suffer all this time. Please appease your anger. Please give us a chance to redeem ourselves.”

29