Chapter 30: Second Impressions
1.3k 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nie Li watching this had a pained and angry expression on his face. He knew he had been impulsive earlier after seeing Ye Mo and Ye Zhong bowing towards Shen Yue. Even if he had a chance against him in battle, he still wasn’t confident of protecting the others when they joined in battle. He gritted his teeth and said.

“I was wrong before. It was not my intention to be rude. I only wanted to protect them. I hope you will let this go. I will owe you a favor.”

Just then, Zi Yun also came in hearing the commotion. When she saw the scene where Nie Li seemed to be injured and her father and grandfather bowing towards Nie Li, she was stunned. She felt the situation was not right and even heard Nie Li apologizing. She just couldn’t help herself anymore and asked in a hurried voice.

“Father, grandfather, what’s going on? Nie Li, what’s happening? Shen Yue, is everything all right?”

Ye Zhong was the first to react.

“Zi Yun, go to your room now. We are having an adult discussion.”

Just then, Shen Yue had already calmed himself. He knew it was not the right time to clash with Nie Li. Even if he were able to kill him, he would still face the wrath of Nether realm master on top of possible revenge from Hidden Cloud master for killing demon lord. He looked towards where Ye Mo and Ye Zhong were and spoke.

“Remember your promise. I will leave now. Oh, see you later, Ziyun.”

Shen Yue left the room without much ceremony.

“Ziyun, go back to your room. We have matters to discuss.”

“Father, what happened? Is it about Shen Yue? I want to listen in too. Father, I am already close to legend rank. I am no longer a child and can share your burdens.”

Ye Zhong was silent for a moment and then agreed and nodded at his daughter. Ye Mo was the one to break the silence.

“Things would have turned out much worse if not for Sir Yue. I never thought he would be this strong. We really do owe him a lot.”

Ye Zhong responded with an uncertain expression.

“Yes, I didn’t know his strength had reached this level.”

Nie Li then added here.

“It’s possible that he practiced the same evil technique as that demon lord that needed to massacre many innocent souls to reincarnate in different bodies.”

Ziyun cut in with a determined voice.

“Impossible. He wouldn’t do that.”

“Ziyun, you don’t know these things. This kind of strength cannot gained by normal cultivation.”

“Wait, what about you? How come you are so strong with so much knowledge. Don’t tell me you use the same techniques as them.”

“Of course not. I would never..”

“See. I believe you. Whey does he have to be an evil villain to gain sudden strength while you don’t. Besides, he had done many great things for Glory City, even sacrificing his family. How could a man like that be evil?”

Ye Zhong cut in to stop Ziyun from continuing.

“Ziyun, stop saying nonsense. Don’t speak to Nie Li that way. He had always been on our side.”

Ye Zhong was uncertain about Shen Yue’s origin and knew that what Ziyun said made sense. But he realized he still didn’t feel comfortable enough to speak of it to Nie Li. He felt that Nie Li seemed to dislike Shen Yue for some reason. It would be best if they can reconcile but he couldn’t drive Nie Li away at this stage and this also made feel a little helpless. Ye Mo joined the conversation at this time.

“He does have some powerful origins. Besides, we all heard his conversation with the demon lord. He is not ordinary. It’s best to not make an enemy out of him. Besides he seemed to have an attachment to Glory City so he is completely different from demon lord.”

Ye Mo was looking carefully at Nie Li as he said that. He felt that Nie Li was too rash and arrogant earlier in his actions. Shen Yue had been perfectly sensible and within his rights to ask them back all the properties and promises of protection for his family after what he had done for them. He didn’t feel like what Shen Yue said was high-handed at all considering his power and contributions. He was disappointed in Nie Li as he thought him to be intelligent and mature but he seemed to react to the slightest provocation. However, he felt helpless as he still was not in a position to scold or criticize him with the immense power and potential the young man had shown so far.

Ye Zhong then said.

“Of course, you are right, father. Shen Yue had always done right by Glory City and in fact it was us that has fallen short.”

Nie Li somehow sensed the other’s intentions and decided to let the matter go. However, there was something else that was still bothering him. It was the way Ziyun defended that man as if she knew him intimately. Also the fact that she will be entering the same sect as Shen Yue deeply concerned him of their future relationship and felt that he needed to take some actions.

28