Chapter 33: Conflict
2.7k 5 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a long silence and but it was obvious from the expressions of Nie Li's group that they did know something. The nether master also joined in.

"If you know something, tell us. Don't worry, I will be able to protect you."

Daoist Ying was already frowning. Shen Yue was observing everyone and when he saw that Nie Li was about to speak, he decided to step in.

"Honored elder, your disciple tried to kill me and my junior sister so in a battle to defend ourselves, he passed away."

There was immediately a strained silence in the hall. Everyone was shocked. Daoist Ying looked visibly angry and ready to attack.

"What do you mean? Did you kill him?"

"Elder, he threatened to kill everyone in the city including our families. I had no choice but to defend myself when he attacked."

Daoist Ying suddenly sent a long-ranged attack towards Shen Yue and yelled.

"You dare lie to me!"

Shen Yue was ready and as he was anticipating this so he already had a defensive technique ready. He also had the armor he looted from the demon lord. It was not as powerful to break the attack directly but it can withstand an attack of early heavenly fate realm and it was able to protect him after he had blunted most of the attack. There were no injuries to him but he knew it was just the beginning.

Seeing Shen Yue to be fine further angered Daoist Ying and was preparing to attack again when nether master intervened.

"Daoist Ying, I think it's not appropriate to kill him without speaking with Madam Ling. She won't be happy about this."

"Daoist Ming, you better stay out of this. I will personally compensate Madam Ling afterwards. You don't have to worry about it."

Nether master seemed to be hesitant but didn't appear to actually block him.

At this time, Yang Xin and Ninger immediately moved towards Shen Yue worried about his safety. To the surprise of everyone, it was Yang Xin who spoke.

"Elder, if you intend to kill him, you will have to kill me first. Even if I am not your match, I will not let him die alone."

Then, a worried Ninger immediately joined in.

"Elder, I also stand with Shen Yue. If you intend to hurt him, you will have to kill me too."

This only made Daoist Ying angrier. Then there was another voice from a different direction that interrupted.

"Honored elder. What Shen Yue said is the truth. He was battling with your disciple to save my father. If not for him, my father would have died in your disciple's hands. I can swear an oath that what I am saying is the truth."

It was spoken by Zi Yun as she also joined up with Yang Xin and Ninger as they stood in front of Shen Yue resolutely. The atmosphere now was very tense.

"Daoist Ying, it seemed your disciple overstepped his bounds. He even dared to try to kill other disciples that passed our test. Shen Yue was not malicious to defend himself. I don't think you are willing to kill four of Madam Ling's disciples. Even if you are, I will have to stop you now."

"You…. Even if what you said is true, I left a spiritual illusion on his body in case his life is in danger. They should have seen me implore them to spare him. They didn't need to kill him directly."

"Why are you acting like this, Daoist Ying? How can anyone take care to not kill the other party accidently in a life-and-death match, especially a battle between opponents of similar cultivation and strength. You should already know this."

Daoist Ying had calmed down considerably. He knew he won't be able to take revenge for his disciple now that the nether master had decided to interfere.

"I will spare you for now on account of Madam Ling and Daoist Ming."

His eyes told a different story. It didn't mean he will forget this incident and if he got a chance in the draconic ruins realm, he's likely to pay him back. He was not reconciled that the disciple he had very high hopes for was taken away just like that. He then took Dun Zhu and left without saying goodbyes.

With the departure of Daoist Ying, the atmosphere became less tense. Nether master was looking at Shen Yue with a considering look. He then told everyone to wait for Madam Yang.

"Thank you Zi Yun for standing up for me."

He didn't need to thank Yang Xin and Ninger as they already clung to his left and right arm respectively while he reassured them that he did not sustain any injuries.

Ziyun looked towards Shen Yue with an embarrassed expression and replied shyly.

"You saved my father's life. It's only natural that I repay my debt."

Yang Xin and Ninger who was holding Shen Yue looked at her with a knowing smile. Shen Yue remembered something and turned around to look at Nie Li who as expected looked very miserable with a scowl and clenched fists.

Just then, Madam Ling arrived and already sensed that something had happened. Nether master filled her in on what happened. She walked towards Shen Yue and said with an apologetic expression.

"I am sorry I wasn't here to protect you, Shen Yue. Are you hurt?"

"No, I am fine."

"Let me know, if you need anything when we arrive in the sect."

She felt a little guilty for not protecting him earlier on top of feeling a bit as if he had received a bad deal by joining her sect. She decided to do a favor to him later if she can.

After making sure that her disciples were fine and she had said goodbyes to Nether realm master, she was ready to leave.

"If you ready, we can go now."

27