Chapter 14. Ehem, A battle?!
4.9k 18 173
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This looks like a very expensive item…” I said, looking at the item and the headmaster back and forth as she maintained her smile before asking.

 

“Do you know what that item is?” she asked before I shook my head as to attempt to hide my knowledge. It was an attempt to disguise my abilities as well since The Library isn’t exactly something that looks to be of this world’s knowledge.

 

“Well, to simplify, it’s a simple badge that I inherited from the previous headmaster in the past. It can allow you to purchase any weapon that is and must be compatible with you. For example, if you are destined to use swords then the badge will only waive fees for swords and the likes,” she explained.

 

It was the same overall function in Solis but with one difference, compatibility. In Solis VR from what my memory serves me, the badge only serves functional for daggers and not for other weapons which is why it kind of surprises me a bit, but after being stunned several times over the differences, I learned to accept it and stop comparing this a lot with Solis VR since this is clearly another variation of Solis.

 

“Isn’t that the super legendary badge that even the royal family desires?!” Mana, out of the blue, screamed as the headmaster winked at her, patting her head before she whispered several kinds of stuff to her as her face turned pink for a second.

 

“Well, I won’t intrude too much. I hope you enjoy your trip, be sure to come back before closing time otherwise go find a hotel of some sort though I don’t think hotels accepts separate rooms during this occasion since many travelers will be arriving in a month or two for the Festival of Eve,” she said whilst waving her hand as she soon vanished amidst the crowd.

 

It was like she was someone of the wind. A person who can appear and vanish at will, which makes it interesting as it certainly is a learnable skill back on Solis, the ability to become one of the winds could be acquired by anyone who is of Sicarius class which was the second to the final tier of Assassins.

 

“What are we going to do with this…?” I looked at Mana who seems to be exhausted as a sigh left her mouth, staring at the badge that was sparkling beautifully. It would be weird if we weren’t targeted because of this badge, or if it wasn’t going to be lost after the trip.

 

“What else can we do other than using it…” she smiled wryly, standing up before reaching a hand towards me as I tilted my head in confusion before she pouted, “What… didn’t you want to go to the marketplace? Let’s head there now before peak hours.”

 

“Ah right…” I said before taking her hand as she pulled it, forcefully making me stand up as the two of us started making our way towards the exit of the school. It was a long path towards the exit, but it was normal considering how large it was.

 

After a few moments of walking, we soon reached the exit where an entirely new world stood before me. A world populated with all kinds of people, filled with the ancient European medieval spirit that I longed for in the past but with a tint of magic.

 

Buildings of both bricks and wood stood, roads of bricks and citizens that roamed around dressed in true medieval clothing followed by carriages that passes by carrying many wooden packages and people at the same time.

 

“It’s peaceful right?” she smiled proudly as I nodded.

 

It was not only peaceful but beautiful, a scene that was like a painting. The true medieval spirit stood, one that no simulations could recreate. The medieval, ancient feeling could be felt that even images couldn’t explain.

 

“What are you waiting for, let’s go?” she said, dragging me as the two of us started our walk down the road. My eyes lingered around the place, staring at the several businesses that were open around here. There were all kinds of shops from vegetables to bars.

 

After some time, we soon arrived before a large sign that welcomed us to the marketplace. The place was enormous with vendors all over the place, some had tiny wooden vendor stands whilst some pushed carriages.

 

There were all kinds of stuff being sold, from dusty old books to weird weapons that looked to be of other tribes, fresh fruits, and vegetables to pieces of jewelry. It was a place that was more assorted than a mall, more random to be exact.

 

“This place is as messy as always…” a familiar voice came from behind as I turned around before the violet-haired lady stood there, walking together with a few others. Following her was a long blonde that could be very well a model in my world, a tiny cute brown-haired girl and a young, rich kind of girl that had all kinds of luxury all over her.

 

As if noticing my gaze, she turned towards my direction and waved her hand before approaching me as she bumped Mana away before patting my back, “If it isn’t Ayumi, how have you been? You are one courageous person than I thought!”

 

“Uhh… I am fine…” I said whilst glancing at Mana who seems to be fuming with anger as she glared at the violet-haired lady whose name I forgot for the how many times… I am not good at remembering names, please forgive me, violet-haired lady…

 

“Elder Sister… please don’t disturb us…” Mana’s voice came from behind the violet-haired lady as she turned around with a mocking smile, staring at Mana as sparks appeared between them. The two of them are truly at odds with one another.

 

Completely unexpected, a blue window popped out followed by a ding. Taking me by surprise as I looked at the corner of my eye before a suspicious pop-up came into sight.

 

The Library: Side Quest [Separate the Sisters]

Two lilies who are of contrasting colors never get along with one another,
the more time they spend, the more petals they lose. As the caretaker,
you are to quell their anger while maintaining both relationships with the lilies.

 

Reward
A hint of how to complete the last quest.

Failure

Both targets will be injured, and a large battle will
occur in your surroundings.

Time Limit
5 minutes.

 

I felt like smacking the Goddess on the head for some reason, to think that such a troublesome quest would appear with a consequence that is as scary as the one before… this is definitely troublesome… WHAT A PAINN!!!!!

 

173