6.2 Austin Makes Friends with a Monkey
363 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It really sucks that even a monkey is stronger than me. Sure, it's a monkey living in a fantasy world where tree monsters live and there's mystical energy all around us but still. The thing's not even taller than my knee! How can it be so powerful already? This was so unfair!

But wait. Maybe it isn't all that strong. its information doesn't look all that great, to be honest. Sure, I didn't know how much 'Minor' was in core development or what Basic (3) meant in ascending but it couldn't be that strong. Right? I mean, I was only level 1 in my Core. It couldn't be that much stronger.

When it landed on me, it didn't feel that heavy. It weighed what, like, 8 pounds? Nothing compared to the fairy's 20. Speaking of the fairy, where was she? I'd been awake for a while now. She should've been buzzing around, being annoying like she usually did. I really hope she didn't leave while I was passed out. Not only was that rude and negligent toward my safety, but I also wouldn't be able to get my revenge!

Maybe I should go out and look for her.

I turned to face the treeline. The forest looked...sinister somehow. Maybe it was just my imagination, but I was pretty sure some of the trees were bending toward me. But that wasn't possible, right? The Stationary Ents couldn't move that well, right?

A whisper of movement caught my eye. My head snapped to the side, eyes darting back and forth as I searched for the source of the movement. All they caught was a bird, landing on the branch of a tree. I sighed in relief, grateful that it wasn't a Stationary Ent creeping up on me.

But as I watched the red bird preen its wings, a sinking feeling came over me. That tree looked familiar. I glanced down and saw that ring of Stone Blossoms growing around the base. It was missing a flower.

Before I could shout at the bird, a bladed branch speared through the back of its head. It pierced through the flesh easily, sending grey matter and bird juices splattering everywhere. Luckily, the monkey and I were out of the blast zone. I heard my potential companion shriek in fear, jumping behind me as if I, a mere mortal, could protect it.

Bile rose in my throat as I watched more sharpened branches move towards the bird corpse, slicing it up with swift, practiced motions. One branch, however, clumsily diced off the beak and set it tumbling toward the grand. I followed its descent toward the ground until it landed, hidden amongst the large petals of the flowers.

The monkey was still hissing at the Stationary Ent while I turned away. I didn't have the stomach to watch any further. It was a good thing I did, or else I would've missed the update to the pending contract.

⌈Austin Wi's contract conditions for the Unnamed Stone-Shaper monkey are:

  1. Collect building materials for sect building construction
  2. Build sect buildings with the materials.
  3. Collect food from the forest.
  4. Work for five months.

Unnamed Stone-Shaper Monkey's conditions are:

  1. Get named
  2. First home
  3. Much qi gets
  4. Get carried when not working

Do both parties accept these conditions? Y/N⌋

13