5.2 Austin Experiences Convenience
433 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<...Mortal? Mortal, answer me! You'd better not be ignoring me, or I swear->

"It's another revert pearl," I interrupted, turning to face the furious fairy.

She shut up immediately and flew over to my side. When she saw the pearl, she gasped and lost control of her wings for a second. I reflexively caught her when she fell, grunting as at least twenty pounds of fairy weight dropped into my palm.

"Good gosh," I muttered, setting her back into the air. "Why do you weigh so much?"

<My bones are denser than steel,> she said, rather bluntly.

I blinked. "How are you flying then?"

<My cultivation is strong, obviously. Now, stop asking questions and pick up that revert pearl!>

I bent down and reached into the crater. When my fingertips touched the pearl, I felt the familiar tickling vibrations. Remembering what the vibrations did to me, I shuddered and pulled my hand away.

"Maybe it isn't such a good idea to use it," I said.

<Are you crazy?> the fairy shrieked. <Nevermind, don't answer that. Of course, you're crazy! Why in heaven's name wouldn't you use it?>

"The last time didn't feel so well..."

<Did you forget I can heal any damage the pearl does to you? Stop being a baby; just use it and get it over with!>

"Fine," I muttered, grabbing the pearl. "Don't rush me..."

I stared at the pearl, trying to curb my raging fear. It'll be fine, I thought. Just pop it. It'll be quick. The fairy is here, she can heal you...

My hand refused to squeeze the pearl. Come on. Just. Do. I-

The fairy zipped down and pushed my fingers with considerable force. They tried to fight back but she was too strong, shoving my hand closed over the pearl. It popped, just as it did before.

I tensed up, waiting for the eventual pain to come. You can do this. Just pull through. You can push-

It came in fighting force, barely even pausing before it wrecked my internal organs. It forced my stomach aside, wiggling in between my intestines. The haze of pain nearly made me pass out but I stayed conscious enough to choke as the energy forced its way into my windpipe. I coughed, splurting out blood.

I tried to breathe, but my airway was too clogged by the vibrations. I didn't last much longer, my vision going dark just as the energy exited out through my nose.

14