BLBL Newsletter [15] : April 2022
206 9 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BLBL NEWSLETTER - APRIL 2022

Welcome all to the April 2022 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter o(〃^▽^〃)o

In this newsletter, we have a number of things ^_^ (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. BL Palace Discord Collaborative Shorts - A Space Bar
  2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (March 2022)
  3. BL author news
  4. The banner chibis!
  5. OG BL novel recommendations
  6. General BL News
  7. Fun corner
  8. Around the BL Palace
  9. Acknowledgements

1. BL Palace Discord Collaborative Shorts - A Space Bar

On the BL Palace Discord, writers have come together to write some collaborative short stories!

A spaceship bar that visits various worlds and meets various people, who often are from common trope novels. Due to the spaceship's ability to travel through worlds, universes and eras, the characters can vary depending on where the spaceship remained docked. Customers often enter the bar through the spaceship’s door that had blended to the environment suited for the place. The story is often shared from the point of view of the Spacebar’s staff, hired from various worlds.

Running Away With A Ball by Heart - TEASER:

“Welcome to the Spacebar. Would you like a drink?” She asked politely and almost monotonously as she said this line way too many times.

“Spacebar? Like a bar in space or the spacebar on the keyboard.” He asked curiously.

Grace glanced around hoping that someone else would pop up cause she disliked being asked a lot of questions. She hated the feeling of being interrogated.

However, to her dismay, no one else appeared so she answered with another question carelessly, “Does it matter?”

“You’re right. It really doesn’t. Can I have a Martini?” The man smiled wryly.

The spacebar monitor showed the customers status:
*Condition: Pregnant. Note to Bartender: Must not serve alcohol*

Grace was surprised because when she checked the gender, it said Male with a symbol Ω.

“Customer-san, I cannot serve you alcohol.” Grace dutifully informed him.

The man appeared shocked and baffled by the situation. “Why not? Is there something wrong?”

Grace shook her head and explained, “No. There’s nothing wrong with you but… if you drink, it wouldn’t be good for your fetus.”

“Fetus?” The man subconsciously placed his hand on his stomach as he stared wide eyes at Grace. “What do you mean by that?”

“You are pregnant,” Grace double-checked the monitor then continued, “for a week and a half.”

[End of teaser]

 

Interested in joining in? Come join our discord and head over to the #writing-shorts channel!

 

Return to Contents


2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (March 2021)

Here are the novels that were completed in March 2022!

Love is a Himbo

 

Love is a Himbo by SilviaNorton

5.8 k | 1 ch | Boys Love, Romance, Slice of Life

Jason doesn't like his body. There isn't anything wrong with it really, but it's not as manly as he would like.
Theodor doesn't like his body. It's perfectly functional, but it's really big and his muscles seem to want to be bulky rather than compact.
The two of them meet at the gym, and love begins to bloom.

Whispers of a Heart [BL]

 

Whispers of a Heart by Raksha1

41.2 k | 37 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

If you had the ability to hear people’s thoughts, what would you do?

After Masato Keita gets into a car accident, he spends a year in a coma. When he wakes up, he finds out that he has gained a rather strange ability: he can hear people’s thoughts when he touches them.

Kurosawa Rintarou is a rather simple-minded man, who prefers to smile and be happy. Despite the hardships he had to endure, he managed to maintain a positive outlook on life.

One can hear people’s thoughts upon touch, the other doesn’t have anything to hide. One is an introvert with an honest mouth, the other is an extrovert with an honest heart.

When someone manages to slip into your heavily guarded sanctuary you call heart, does that mean you are too weak or that he is too powerful?
Read to find out how these two, seemingly opposite personalities, interact and grow closer to each other.

[QT] You Are My Fairytale

 

[QT] You Are My Fairytale by K_Jira

62.2 k | 41 ch | Action, Boys Love, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural

Bai Xing is a freelance translator who has been locking himself up in his apartment for 7 years. He was in the middle of working his latest job when his computer suddenly glitched. The next thing he knew, he was standing in the back garden of a magnificent castle. To get back home, he must help a being called M save his fairytale world.

Him? Someone who has been living in his own world for 7 years?

He has no choice but to move forward, but who is this man clinging to him??

Unexpectedly, he found himself his own fairytale.

General Chang’s Revenge

 

General Chang’s Revenge by LimitlessNL

15.6 k | 17 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Historical, Romance

My name is Zhang Chang and I'm a general serving under Emperor Shen command.

My original surname is Qi. My father was a proud and powerful general who was framed and set up as a traitor who wanted to usurp the throne. His Majesty ordered for the whole family to be executed.

Only I survived because I was frail as a child and because of that I was sent to our ancestral home. A good friend of my father took me with him and raised me as his son.

When I grew up, I entered the army and followed my father and adoptive father steps and became a general.

With the help of my good friend Wu An, I investigated until I found that the mastermind behind my family death was the current prime-minister, Zhou Ru.

Road to Hapiness

 

Road to Happiness b LimitlessNL

5 k | 9 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Historical, Romance

Sequel to General's Chang Revenge
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/463427/general-changs-revenge/

Follow Chang'er in his travel to find happiness, with some heartbreaking moments in between.

Only Fools Beg for Mercy in the Underworld

 

Only Fools Beg for Mercy in the Underworld by Veronica8

41.9 k | 40 ch | Action, Boys Love, Fantasy, Mature, Seinen, Smut, Supernatural

Love between an angel lord and a devil's cannon fodder triggers the onset of a cosmic war, in this dark fantasy of the heavens, underworld and Earth stuck in-between.

Syn is a shadow stalker. A human soul who was repurposed to be a cannon fodder for an Underworld devil lord. As a shadow stalker, he preyed on the weak; increased terror and fear upon the living, called the Physical, under orders from his lord, Asta.

He wants out, due to his intimate connection with the commanding angel lord, Gabriel. It wasn't meant to happen, but Gabriel had bonded with him. It was a pleasant, manly, connection that fed hope into Syn's blackened soul heart. With all of his free will, he will not let his connection to Gabriel be severed.

Syn can leave for Gabriel if he corrupts the Clock Tower, which is the portal to Earth and the ethereal realms. He faces more than losing his love for his angel lord if he doesn't complete his task.

 

 

Return to Contents


3. BL author news

Announcement

Heart is currently on Hiatus from posting anything so there will not be any new books from her any time soon. However, Heart has several works in progress that will be published when she can keep a consistent update. Heart is still writing but only posting in BL Palace discord right now. Find her there and have fun writing together or just hang out~

Join us in BLP Discord and join her in writing collaborative shorts. The shorts currently are shared within the discord only but they may be shared publicly under BL_Palace SH account upon receiving the writer's permission. Don't be shy. Take it as practice writing with us ~

 

Return to Contents


4. The banner chibis!

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: tiaf and Killokii!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

 

Frederic and Noel from The Prince & His Sloth by K_Jira

💕

Kim Jae-han and Myeong Ha-jun from My Family Ω’s a Farmer?!! by UM3

💕

Announcement
Did you like these chibis a lot? Would you also like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

Return to Contents


5. OG BL novel recommendations

Start Over On Easy Mode  

Start Over On Easy Mode by StJellybean

(In progress) 56 k | 28 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Drama, Mature, Romance, Smut

Review by UM3:

Rebirth. Reborn. Reattempt life. Redo the wrongs, make do the rights. Add a hint of spice here and there. Well, that's basically it, for now. What made me stay is the pacing and chemistry between the pair; ML and MC. Pretty fast paced, for me, and sorta cozy/ steamy (if you use your imagination in the right places)~ (̷ ̷₌̷ ̷ㅇ̷ ̷ᆽ̷ ̷ㅇ̷ ̷₌̷ ̷)♡ ! I can't wait for more (read the notice!) because we're not even halfway through and I'm left wondering how the plot will develop~ Join me (✧~✧)!

Summary:

Spoiler

Romance is the last thing on Zach Mallory’s mind.

His past experience with his wife and children left him jaded. His death wiped the slate clean, giving him a second chance at life. This time around, he will correct his mistakes. He will find someone unobtrusive to settle down with when the time comes.

Zach’s carefully laid plans start to blow up in his face only a few months in. Tynan stumbles into his life, and one look tells him this man is trouble. Tynan’s life is anything but calm, yet Zach can’t convince himself to stay away.

Tynan wanted Zach from the moment they met. He wasn’t looking for a relationship, but he won’t let that stop him from claiming this skittish imps as his. Now he just has to keep them both alive.

Every time things get dangerous, Zach wonders where things went wrong. He’d selected easy mode when he started over.

[collapse]
[BL] 7 Days  

7 Days by bubblebunnytea

(In progress) 5.6 k | 5 ch | Boys Love, Horror, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural

Review by Heart:

The story follows the protagonist, Jun in trying to solve a series of mysteries through the settings given to him by a mysterious book. There are only a few chapters at the moment but the mystery that shrouds the book and the first case that Jun has to solve is quite engaging. The story keeps you guessing and wanting more. There’s a lot to uncover but right now, the journey has only just begun.

Follow bunnybubbletea and the novel’s progress~

Summary:

Spoiler

Jun tried.

He really did.

He tried so hard to keep his eyes open.

But he was tired.

So, so tired.

He just wanted to rest his eyes a little bit.

He never meant to fall asleep.

Really.

***

He had died.

He had died for love.

But that love had been in vain.

But now he had hope, a choice; a second chance in life.

***

A mysterious book gives Jun a second chance in life, free of lies and betrayals.

But on one condition.

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


6. General BL News

 

There are currently three BL visual novels running a Kickstarter campaign; All of them have demos to try! - hat tip to Ertal

The Symbiant (+18):

Image

Hit The Road:

 

Dear Monster (+18):

Dear Monster

 

 

Return to Contents


7. Fun corner

 

Me trying to find a balance between reading BL and writing BL: (ง ͠ಥ_ಥ)ง <still searching>
- relatable feels from UM3.

💔

 

unknown.png

Available in 7 exclusive variants and two luxurious styles, Fujoboards are the perfect cross between modernity and tradition. Each paddle is available in seven rawr-some variations: yaoi, yuri, seme/uke, het, gen, a/b/o, and lemon. Buy yours at https://fujoboard.com. - hat tip to bafflinghaze

💔

 

[Oftentimes, BL Palace discord member finds themselves in this predicament:]

[credit: Zaiakuma] - hat tip to Heart

💔

Daydreaming the story and writing the story often never the same - hat tip to Heart

 

Return to Contents


8. Around the BL Palace

 

BLBL's May 2022 Newsletter

Help us out for the May 2022 Newsletter by filling out this form. We'll remind you in the discord server closer to the date too~

 

BL Community Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! There are writing sprints, art streams, game streams, writing help, and fun chatter about BL! Come and play~ (or come and lurk, we don't mind!)

 

BL Palace Twitter

We have a twitter, because we want to help to spread the BL news~ Want something retweeted? Message bafflinghaze (wherever you can find them) or directly @ the BL Palace twitter account! Things that we'll retweet include:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

 

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


9. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze, and tiaf!

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: tiaf and Killokii!

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, fun things, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter! And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

19