BLBL Newsletter [27] : September 2023
63 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

09_banner_2023v2.png

BLBL NEWSLETTER - SEPTEMBER 2023

 

Hello, everyone! We have a lot of announcements, so read everything!

 

By the way, it has been four months since we had a chibi application...

Announcement

Do you want chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner.

 

Contents:

  1. BL Palace's Annual Grand Banquet: recap
  2. BL Zine: submissions are still open
  3. Artober in the BL Palace
  4. BL Winter Anthology: in the works
  5. BL author news
  6. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (July 2023, August 2023)
  7. The banner chibis
  8. OG BL Novel recommendations
  9. General BL News
  10. Fun corner
  11. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  12. Acknowledgements

1. BL Palace's Annual Grand Banquet: recap

banquet_invitation__rect.png

On Saturday 12th August 2023, BL Palace residents gathered for our third grand banquet, an online workshop about BL! There were four talks, two art presentations, three podcasts, one game session, and two writing sessions (with one being impromptu!).

Thank you to all the volunteers, speakers, and attendees for making this event possible!

See this chapter for the presentation snapshots. You'll have to join the BL Palace Discord to find the recordings 😉

 

 

Return to Contents


2. BL Zine: submissions are still open

Cover_Page.png

We are still taking submissions for the BL Zine. If you would like to be a part of it (and join other authors such as avaseofpeonies, bafflinghaze, PumpkinEwe, and Zaiakuma!!!!), make sure you contact PumpkinEwe on ScribbleHub or on discord!

A reminder of what a story needs to be included in the zine:

  1. Story must be active (updated in the past 6 months) or completed.
  2. Its main couple must be male-identifying characters.
  3. All content in story must have proper warnings.
  4. Story must be posted on Scribble Hub. You can have it and related content posted on other websites, but it must also be on Scribble Hub.

 

 

Return to Contents


3. Artober in the BL Palace

Artober/Inktober is happening on the BL Palace Discord! Join us in the #art-studio channel for daily prompts and inspiration boards. We look forward to what everyone creates 🥰🥰

image0.jpg

 

Return to Contents


4. BL Winter Anthology: in the works

If you've been in the discord, checking this account's profile messages, or following our twitter or tumblr, you might have heard some news about the coming BL Palace's Winter Anthology!! We previously opened theme submissions, and received 20 different combinations. The themes have been put to a vote. Voting has now closed.

Now, please wait impatiently for the theme announcement!

 

Return to Contents


5. BL author news

Announcement

Ruyi has some news! She has started a new series fueled by reader polls. So far the most amount of votes received is an average of 3 per chapter...but it's working! The MC's fate changes with each vote, so choose wisely if you decide to join in!

Metafiction (BL)

Metafiction

In progress | 14k | 8 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Isekai

Meet Dan, an unimportant extra who just wants a fresh start, true love, and a happy ending. Unfortunately, life is unpredictable---especially when the readers keep voting on his fate! Will Dan make it through his isekai fantasy BL unscathed? Or will the results of the polls break the story...as well as his heart?

It's up to you to decide!

[A (weirdly) interactive story.]

 

 

Return to Contents


6. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (July 2023, August 2023)

BL NOVELS COMPLETED IN JULY 2023:

Creation: The Wolves That Are Us (Creation Series, Book 1)

 

Creation: The Wolves That Are Us (Creation Series, Book 1) by ARvern

241.6 k | 123 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Girls Love, Mature, Mystery, Supernatural

The origin of a species and the different families that inherited the power of unknown birth collide in an attempt to settle their ways and solve mysteries, how will they react when the answer to that truth is shown?

The first Volume of this book mostly takes the perspective of Percy, a 19 year old member of the Daybreak pack as well as some additional characters' point of view. These packs having their respective abilities that shape their lifestyles, and they've remained inherited throughout the pack's history and bloodline which over time have long lost their origins. 

Our Pictures On My Phone (The Scar Series — Book Two)

 

Our Pictures On My Phone (The Scar Series — Book Two) by thesamhensley

57.3 k | 24 ch | Boys Love, Romance, Slice of Life

Two teenage boys. Their secret love. A fateful spring break. —

Asher's struggle with anger remains a constant battle, even in the midst of his deepening love for his childhood friend Conor. Despite Asher's efforts to better himself during their three months apart, he still feels he hasn't become the person he wants to be for Conor.

Now, during their highly anticipated spring break reunion, Asher's dreams are threatened by people from their past questioning his motives and testing the relationship. Still harboring resentment toward Asher, Milo resurfaces to protect Conor, and Asher fears losing him forever.

Asher is under constant pressure to prove himself. Still, he and Conor grow closer, defying the forces seeking to separate them. But a revelation about Conor pushes Asher to his breaking point. Haunted by the perception that he is a ticking time bomb, Asher faces the dangerous choice of embracing his darkness or overcoming it.

This sequel to the novella "Your Pictures On My Phone" delves deeper into the themes of self-love, forgiveness, and the arduous task of owning one's mistakes. Will Asher find a way to navigate his tangled emotions? Or will he spiral further into the abyss, jeopardizing his friendships and chance at happiness?

Reborn on a Systemless Earth… With a System

 

Reborn on a Systemless Earth… With a System by Thedude334

119.9 k | 99 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Isekai, LitRPG, Mystery, Slice of Life

You know the setup: A young man on Earth hit by a speeding truck who ends up in a generic fantasy world.

But what about this: A young man in a generic LitRPG fantasy world hit by a carriage who ends up in modern-day San Francisco, and yet still wants to be a hero anyway? That's how Systemless starts, and boy does it never let up.

----------------------------------------

The system can be accepted by anyone who decides to Class Up using the world’s various Sorting Scepters. From then on, leveling up will be possible, but it could come at the cost of one's life. All actions one takes, from combat to breathing, take from their pool of LP (Life Points). Run out, and so too will they perish. The only way to replenish one's LP is to level up and learn new skills.

Eryk Solbourne chooses the [Adventurer] class, destined to explore great worlds, fight magnificent beasts, and inspire others. Now he is a D-Rank hero, but he will forge a powerful destiny for himself... and he will do so in a new world, after The Goddess reincarnates him in a brand-new Earth that is in desperate need of his abilities.

Join Eryk Solbourne and his two Earthen friends Francis and Delta as they adventure across the United States and try to achieve the impossible: becoming the ultimate hero in a world where levels don't even exist.

 

 

BL NOVELS COMPLETED IN AUGUST 2023:

Beta’s rule

 

Beta’s rule by EmpressVengeance

8.3 k | 10 ch | Boys Love, Drama

Of all stories to transmigated into he just gotta be put inside a omegaverse that was ranked to be the most r18 of all!?

The Interwoven Underverse: Monsters Are People, Too

 

The Interwoven Underverse: Monsters Are People, Too by LutherKross

6.4 k | 3 ch | Action, Boys Love, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Sci-fi, Supernatural

In this cycle of The Interwoven Underverse, we meet a little old lady with a dark secret, a police detective at the end of his rope, and a man on the run from the truth.

Because the scariest monsters we face are those hidden amongst us, wearing human faces.

Cigarettes to Doomsday

 

Cigarettes to Doomsday by floofylove

12.5 k | 1 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Drama, Horror, Mature, Psychological, Romance

Today was the day Li Muchen would summon a cosmic entity to end the world and reality itself. Yet, for some reason, things don't go as he expects...?

Fallen

 

Fallen by SassyGlitter

6.1 k | 1 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Romance, Smut

Can there be love between an Angel and a Demon?

When long time enemies Bell, an angel of heaven, and Azor, an elite warrior of hell find themselves thrust away from the violent battlefield, they quickly find themselves fighting a completely different battle... In the bedroom.

*Note, there is no actual bedroom in this story.

Top Yandere Angel X Flirty Bottom Demon

 

 

Return to Contents


7. Who are the chibis?

We have nothing for this segment because we need chibi submissions from you, the BL writer!

 

Announcement

Do you feel pity for us? Would you like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

 

 

Return to Contents


8. OG BL Novel recommendations

None 🥲

 

 

Return to Contents


9. General BL News

 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/882940314099265537/1154721247578562620/image37.jpg

The English version of Chinese novel Guardian by Priest is out!  - hat tip to Ruyi

 

 

image.png

What danmei news? Check out this website: https://www.danmeinews.com/ - hat tip to Ruyi

 

image.png

Missed out on Citrus Con 2023? Many of their talks have been recorded and are available on YouTube now  - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

Return to Contents


10. Fun corner

 
Frn8ValXoAA1t3p.jpg

 

 

73e1d08c-bfa7-446c-acfa-7be1ee6e7305.jpg

My 2.5D Romance: A Webtoon rec by Ruyi

It's about two vTubers who start working on a collab and eventually get together. their real selves are very different from their vTuber personalities and the art is very pretty/cute/fluffy/bright!! Reminds me slightly of I Ship My Adversary and Me except the MC is less naive and more ridiculous (heir to a funeral home empire? lolol)

 

 

 

Return to Contents


11. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Tumblr 🌟NEW!✨

Thanks to PumpkinEwe, we now have a BL Palace tumblr at https://blpalace.tumblr.com/  ✨✨✨ Consider giving us a follow there!

 

Twitter

Please directly message the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

 

Discord Server

All BL readers and writers are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have writing sprints, writing help, and much more!

 

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify you of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

 

BLBL's Next Newsletter

Help us write the next Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


12. Acknowledgements

Thank you to all those who submitted items for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next edition of the newsletter (and for the anthology announcement!)~

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

 
 
7